Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
I know that lol, the parts are there. It would be dumb on GMs part not to utilize them.
...have you not realized by now not to try to use one's own logic to determine what they should do? If you scratch your head long enough to contemplate it you will develop male pattern baldness.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #16
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...have you not realized by now not to try to you use one's own logic to determine what they should do? If you scratch your head long enough to contemplate it you will develop male pattern baldness.
That was a tough read. I'm scratching my head just figuring out what you were trying to say.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
LS7. Its going to look like this:

GM already has the parts in stock. A refresh means the 5th gen is on the way out the door.
I like that look. Make the vents on the hood functional, DRLs LEDs on the outside of blackened section and functional brake ducts on the inside. NPP instead of that exhaust they are using.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #18
OldScoolCamaro

Soloknight6...the parts have been there for along time to utilze them into a platform as you allude to, the thing is it's a reoccuring theme with the same result....parts stay in the bin....with no futherence of a performance goal in mind, other than a corporate introduction of a model or design based on long term use, with no change within, rather visionary shorter term upgrades with a goal in mind to beat the competition on a micro level, rather than a slow changing macro approach.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I like that look. Make the vents on the hood functional, DRLs LEDs on the outside of blackened section and functional brake ducts on the inside. NPP instead of that exhaust they are using.
I dont know if they would retool the parts they already have. But I like your ideas. The reason I think the refreshed camaros will look like the Leno concept, is because the diffuser, fascia, and hood all had part numbers. They were in the system for a short time, then they disappeared.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
So much fir all you guys saying that the gen 6 is going to be out in 15-16.. you DO NOT do a refresh and then build new model in one or two years..

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...york-auto-show
Of course you do. In fact that's par for the course. The only reason to do a scheduled refresh is to keep the existing product relevant for another year or so until a new model is ready.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #21

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
They've already made plans to move the car's production to another plant...can't see any major additions or changes until after that move is completed...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #22
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
...the parts have been there for along time to utilze them into a platform as you allude to, the thing is it's a reoccuring theme with the same result....parts stay in the bin....with no futherence of a performance goal in mind, other than a corporate introduction of a model or design based on long term use, with no change within, rather visionary shorter term upgrades with a goal in mind to beat the competition on a micro level, rather than a slow changing macro approach.
Speak plain, and with less commas.
All they are doing is a cosmetic refresh, with the possibility of introducing a very limited LS7 variant. When the 1LE was released, it used parts taken from the "Bin." The LENO camaro concept's front splitter was used, as well as the LENO rocker panels (Also seen on the latter ZL1). If GM is doing a cosmetic refresh, I am certain they would use parts that already exist on a concept. I think it would be silly for them to tool new cosmetic pieces. A big waste of money, and time. Paying designers and engineers to create a new front bumper/hood/whatever they end up doing; or go with the parts used on the Leno and TF3 car? Shouldn't be a tough decision.
If they want to update the 5th gens look at the end of its run... They already have the parts... And they have alredy used them on production cars (1LE & ZL1)... Thats all Im saying.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #23
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
I dont know if they would retool the parts they already have. But I like your ideas. The reason I think the refreshed camaros will look like the Leno concept, is because the diffuser, fascia, and hood all had part numbers. They were in the system for a short time, then they disappeared.
...you will probably be sorely dissapointed if you believe that, refresh is code word for fluff....nothing will be retooled, tools and dies will press,cut, and stamp out parts as before in large, some accoutrements will be added....
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #24
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
...you will probably be sorely dissapointed if you believe that, refresh is code word for fluff....nothing will be retooled, tools and dies will press,cut, and stamp out parts as before in large, some accoutrements will be added....
Thats what im trying to say... We are having trouble communicating lol. Im saying they will use already existing parts. Like the Leno front fascia, the Leno hood, etc. To retool anything would be stupid financially.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Thats what im trying to say... We are having trouble communicating lol. Im saying they will use already existing parts. Like the Leno front fascia, the Leno hood, etc. To retool anything would be stupid financially.
LOL, if we actually talked together we more than likely would understand each others point...... So much for forums, written text, and the internet. Cheers!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #26
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
LOL, if we actually talked together we more than likely would understand each others point...... So much for forums, written text, and the internet. Cheers!
True lol. I am challenged when it comes to forums. Cheers!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #27
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
If they end up going with the Leno front end...I may be saying bye bye to my heritage grille, and street scene lower grille.....and the entire bumper lol.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #28
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
2009 mustang looks waaaay diff than a 2010 up.. jyst sayin.
Sheetmetal can and will change.. maybe not mounting spots but it us going to change.. this car u s not going anywhere until 2016-17..

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote