Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #2101
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Hopefully they sell this time.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #2102
Hell Cat 1

Drives: 2012 dodge challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
And the hits just keep on coming......

http://horsepowerkings.com/reports-a...update-coming/
Thanks for the link.
Hell Cat 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #2103
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
And the hits just keep on coming......

http://horsepowerkings.com/reports-a...update-coming/
Oh good, an even more expensive Viper to rot on lots.

"Dodge sold 46 Vipers in July, reaching 400 units for the year. GM probably sold that many Corvettes in the first week of the month"
http://www.torquenews.com/106/corvet...uly-2014-sales

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #2104
Hell Cat 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8Tech View Post
I have heard of some bone stock 392's running better than my 12.2 but I have never seen the slips nor have they ever surfaced. I would not doubt if there are some running 12.1's. Im near 100% positive I could have done it if I had kept the car. Would not have been easy at all (neither was the 12.2 runs) but I think its possible in the perfect conditions.

I guess some guy in a 2013 SuperBee has run an 11.9 @ 117 with just drag radials.........Do I believe it.....HELL NO!!!!
Time slip is attached in my post number 2093. Its hard to see until you click on it the you can see it no problem. HO HO JOE called me a liar when I said I ran at the track where the hell cat was certified by the NHRA. Well HO HO take a look at the top of the slip. Says pacific raceway Kent wa.

Last edited by Hell Cat 1; 08-20-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #2105
96MrBass

Drives: GM
[QUOTE=MEDISIN;7901917]Oh good, an even more expensive Viper to rot on lots.

"Dodge sold 46 Vipers in July, reaching 400 units for the year. GM probably sold that many Corvettes in the first week of the month"
http://www.torquenews.com/106/corvet...uly-2014-sales[/QUOTE

Its kinda weird they have changed the body added HP and they still sell slow
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #2106
07-SRT

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post

http://www.torquenews.com/106/corvet...uly-2014-sales
who cares if they rot on the lots......I didn't buy my Camaro to brag about sales and I doubt the Viper owner cares either as he blows by my SS....

"Viper is a niche Product"

2015 Camaro 2SS

Cam/Heads/FBO 498/447 SAE
07-SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #2107
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
'Cause we WON'T be "over there". Why would we? We didn't, before. Did we? "Let the results speak for themselves", we're scolded. REALLY? We did that since the ZL1 came out. And we'll do that when the Z06 arrives. And the much-lighter, much more-capable Gen-6 ZL1 arrives.

Because "that's the way WE roll..."
Nice work, Joe. Did you have a cigarette when you finished that?! I'll bet you did... ...oh yeah, you're NOT a betting guy. Good on you...

I have ONE REQUEST for the assembled masses: Go to you "home" pages. Tonight. Tomorrow. Friday. Whenever. Be they Chrysler or Ford or WHATEVER alternative sites you populate. OK?

After you do, would you come back here at your 1st convenience and tell us whether "we" rushed over "there" to post the LT4 story...and GLOAT?

Thanks. I don't expect any further word on THAT...

"Where have you been hiding? Under a ROCK?!"

I said my piece on the Hellcats a while ago. I identified IMMEDIATELY the Automatic anomaly...and the "enhanced electronics". And I mentioned the SRT garage @ Featherstone and Doris, in Auburn Hills.

I've stayed away, PURPOSELY...until TONIGHT. Why? Because my answer to the taunts and derision and "you're full of stuff" is simply answered...and the FULL story is included...with the "official release" of the "LT4 Story".

Read it...carefully, folks...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #2108
Hell Cat 1

[QUOTE=96MrBass;7902037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post

http://www.torquenews.com/106/corvet...uly-2014-sales[/QUOTE

Its kinda weird they have changed the body added HP and they still sell slow
The 2015 Viper got rave reviews by I believe Motor Trend. Lets see how many sell by the end of the year. You also need to note that corvettes come in many flavors from around $56,000 to over $71,000. If you want magnetic suspension on the corvette it cost you $1,995 dollars ect. So comparing overall corvette sales to the viper is deceiving. There is no $56,000 Viper and the $56,000 Corvette will not come close to Viper performance.

Last edited by Hell Cat 1; 08-20-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #2109
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Cat 1 View Post
The 2015 Viper got rave reviews by I believe Motor Trend. Lets see how many sell by the end of the year.
Is that the same Motor Trend that burned up the track in an Automatic Hellcat Challenger to the tune of one 11.7, and a bunch of 12s? Good authority...

The question you need to ask your handlers, 1, is how many will they BUILD by year-end? You can't sell what you DON'T make...and they seem to be enjoying regular siestas down on Connor St...and, as Joe pointed out clearly, "being outrun by a taxi cab" isn't doing much to wake those sleepy worker up...
Old 08-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #2110
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Nice engine for the Vette but unless GM does change policy this engine will not see the Camaro to bad, the Viper and Vette match up will be a good one.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:14 PM   #2111
Hell Cat 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Is that the same Motor Trend that burned up the track in an Automatic Hellcat Challenger to the tune of one 11.7, and a bunch of 12s? Good authority...

The question you need to ask your handlers, 1, is how many will they BUILD by year-end? You can't sell what you DON'T make...and they seem to be enjoying regular siestas down on Connor St...and, as Joe pointed out clearly, "being outrun by a taxi cab" isn't doing much to wake those sleepy worker up...
I get that mag at home. I just read the motor trend article again and it clearly states that all motor trend testing is done on the street not on a track. Motor trend has given all Chevrolet cars (the new impala SS, the corvette the ZL-1, the Z-28) good reviews so are you implying that they don't know what they are talking about on your chevy cars also or just on the Viper. As far as me being handled sounds like your the one being handled the Viper is faster that the Vett no matter what model you get and the challenger hell cat is to. So quit trying to pick a fight and go back and read the Motor Trend article you quoted. For your reading enjoyment and you stand corrected. THIS IS TAKEN FROM THE MOTOR TREND ARTICAL. I'd also like to note that this is the closely spaced eight-speed ZF automatic Hellcat, not the longer-geared six-speed manual version. The Shelby had very tall gearing, meaning that you could launch the sucker in first gear, and it was of course a manual. Let's revisit the Ford versus Dodge comparison once we get our hands on the row-your-own Hellcat. Until then, Mopar faithful, have faith! What about the 11.2-second quarter-mile time that Dodge has been trumpeting to the world? Well, half a second (11.7 seconds versus 11.2) is the difference between a prepped VHT surface and the street. All Motor Trend testing is done on asphalt, while Dodge got its big number on the strip. Now a word about trap speeds. 125 mph is insane. Here's some comparative data for you. The 991 Porsche 911 Turbo S can hammer home the quarter mile in just 10.9 seconds (on Pirelli P Zeros, coincidently) but its trap speed is only 123.7 mph. The quicker time is due to better traction at launch (thanks, AWD!) but the Dodge -- which costs a third the entry price of the porker, about $60K versus $180K -- is going faster at the end of 1320 feet. And since stoplight-to-stoplight racing is never GPS-tracked ... You get my point. Look at the 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Edition. That flavor of Godzilla does the quarter in 11.0 seconds flat, but is "only" trapping at 125.1 mph. OK, so the Hellcat's barely faster, but here's the point -- it's faster. Here is the link to the Motor Trend article you were referring to. FASTER THAN A GTR TRACK EDITION WOW.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...at_first_test/

Last edited by Hell Cat 1; 08-20-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #2112
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Cat 1 View Post
I get that mag at home. I just read the motor trend article again and it clearly states that all motor trend testing is done...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you show up here last night waving the "magazines are full of misinformation" flag? Wasn't that you?

And then, to rectify this wrong, you proceeded to teach folks what the Best Buy Challenger was? Except, what you were selling for $40 or less was an unbuildable car? Wasn't that ALL you?

Oh, yeah, and then you wanted someone to pay to see your time slip, a slip you may have found blown against a fence on the spectator side of the track? Wasn't that you, too? Shouldering your way to the front of the crowd so you could share WHAT new insight? Nothing, without a dash of misinformation?

Thought so. Tell your handlers in Auburn Hills "the jig is up!" And re-read Joe's treatise...
Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 PM   #2113
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Nice work, Joe. Did you have a cigarette when you finished that?! I'll bet you did... ...oh yeah, you're NOT a betting guy. Good on you...

Good thing he didn't bet or he might be eating macaroni and cheese for a few days... I don't suppose you're game on the bet that the Hellcat will surpass the manufacturers claims???

I have ONE REQUEST for the assembled masses: Go to you "home" pages. Tonight. Tomorrow. Friday. Whenever. Be they Chrysler or Ford or WHATEVER alternative sites you populate. OK?

I don't know about the others but I own two 5th gens...

After you do, would you come back here at your 1st convenience and tell us whether "we" rushed over "there" to post the LT4 story...and GLOAT?

At this moment I know for sure the C7Z is going to get the LT4, and possibly the CTSV... Please do note I haven't read the "full LT4 story" yet...

Thanks. I don't expect any further word on THAT...

"Where have you been hiding? Under a ROCK?!"

I said my piece on the Hellcats a while ago. I identified IMMEDIATELY the Automatic anomaly...and the "enhanced electronics". And I mentioned the SRT garage @ Featherstone and Doris, in Auburn Hills.

I think regardless of how it's done it's still putting down some quick times for a "fat" muscle car...

I've stayed away, PURPOSELY...until TONIGHT. Why? Because my answer to the taunts and derision and "you're full of stuff" is simply answered...and the FULL story is included...with the "official release" of the "LT4 Story".

The LT4 is a potent engine no doubt.. I've seen the potential on a few C7's with the LT1 and a supercharger... My question is this, why does the Camaro always come last when it comes to the engine? I mean the C7Z will see the LT4 first then possibly the CTSV... Just please tell me that Chevy isn't going to do the same thing they did with the gen5 ZL1 and follow the CTSV's footsteps to damn near a tee (if anything they should have followed the interior)... To me that shows there is no passion for the Camaro when it's so "cookie cutter" and only unique with exterior and interior design...

Read it...carefully, folks...
And please give me a moment to brush up on the LT4 knowledge and I can draw a conclusion from there... I've always been happy with Chevy's engine design, just not so happy about it's placement hence the ZL1 getting the CTSV engine...
2011 Camaro Ls3 CGM stock

Last edited by Runin11z; 08-20-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:46 PM   #2114
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
My question is this, why does the Camaro always come last when it comes to the engine? I mean the C7Z will see the LT4 first then possibly the CTSV... Just please tell me that Chevy isn't going to do the same thing they did with the gen5 ZL1 and follow the CTSV's footsteps to damn near a tee
Glad to answer, and thanks for asking those questions.

Was the next-Gen Corvette ready for production, coincidentally, when the new-Gen LT engine was "ready for prime time"? Yes. Was that known, internally? Yes. Did they plan the car's electronics around the new engine family? Yes. The fact is, seldom is anything in the development of new vehicles a "coincidence"...

Is the next-Gen CTS ready-to-go? Yes. Were it's electrical/electronic systems designed to accept the new-Gen engine family? Yes. Easy-peasy.

Will the Gen-5 Camaro accept, without significant re-engineering, the new-Gen engines? No. Why won't they do that? Gen-6 Camaro is within 12 months or so (as planned) of being "ready for prime time".

Was the C7 Corvette introduced with EVERY possible version of LT engines it may see in its lifecycle? NO...and NO vehicle ever is intro'd that way. Why? Because the steak needs sizzle added as it progresses...a raw (new) steak has LOTS of sizzle as it hits the grill, does it? It sizzles less, the longer it cooks...without added "sizzlers"...

...and the SAME is/was/will be the case for the Gen-6 Camaro. Just as Ford is doing with their new Gen-6 Mustang...and just the SAME as Chrysler is doing with their Gen-TWO Challenger...

New models/features/colors/power teams added over time. It's called "continuous development" or, as was alluded to years ago, "planned obsolescence"...and THAT is what drives the market for NEW vehicles...which aren't always "new"...

Tags
dodge, hellcat, horsepower, srt