Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Throttle issue?

I'll do my best to describe. Today I had my 2016 3.6L v6 in manual mode and after about 30 minutes of driving something extremely weird happened. My pedal wasn't stuck, but almost like the throttle was stuck. It would idle at like 3.5K RPM and would continue to gain speed if my foot wasn't on the pedal i would literally gain a mph in speed every couple of seconds. My car was making a clicking noise on the outside as well. When i would come to a complete stop i would feel hard downshifting, but the moment i let go of the brake the car would accelerate. I moved it into auto mode, switched modes, etc and it kept doing this until i shut the engine off and turned back on, all was back to normal.

I hope I described this problem, has anybody heard of this or had this happen? CEL did not come on.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #2
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
I'll do my best to describe. Today I had my 2016 3.6L v6 in manual mode and after about 30 minutes of driving something extremely weird happened. My pedal wasn't stuck, but almost like the throttle was stuck. It would idle at like 3.5K RPM and would continue to gain speed if my foot wasn't on the pedal i would literally gain a mph in speed every couple of seconds. My car was making a clicking noise on the outside as well. When i would come to a complete stop i would feel hard downshifting, but the moment i let go of the brake the car would accelerate. I moved it into auto mode, switched modes, etc and it kept doing this until i shut the engine off and turned back on, all was back to normal.

I hope I described this problem, has anybody heard of this or had this happen? CEL did not come on.
That sounds both scary and potentially dangerous. First thing that comes to mind is a bad throttle position sensor. Get it checked out, I had a stang do the same thing, it was like a bucking bronco... ended up being the TPS. Your issue could be different...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #3
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Any mods? It is indeed scary. I'd say, dealership time.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:23 AM   #4
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
cold air intake, muffler delete, and ported throttle body, I'd assume it's probably smart to put the stock intake on first before taking it to the dealer. I'm right at 30K miles. The problem will be recreating the issue, but it was definitely a strange feeling.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
cold air intake, muffler delete, and ported throttle body, I'd assume it's probably smart to put the stock intake on first before taking it to the dealer. I'm right at 30K miles. The problem will be recreating the issue, but it was definitely a strange feeling.
Yep, I'd remove whatever mods you can. Not necessarily to 'fool' the dealer, but to make it easier to troubleshoot. Let us know how it goes.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote