Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2015, 10:00 PM   #71
ghostclaw1

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars and Tea View Post
I bought it because...

...Because Race Car
Yes, This.

I'm 24, Decided I wanted a new car so i went to the dodge dealership, did all the paperwork i could and was told that the banks were closed, and the dealership would call me first thing in the morning to complete the deal.

Next morning came, no call..afternoon came, no call..I went to the dealership, spoke to the manager and he said the 2015 Challenger R/T was to much car for me. (Thanks for the call?) So i made up an excuse, left Bob Moore's Dodge Dealership and 2 hours later I was the owner of a 2014 Camaro.
And Well...Because Race Car
ghostclaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #72
GNVenom
Turbos. Turbos. Turbos.

Drives: 2010 SS Yellow/Black
I really had no desire to own a Camaro. I've been a Buick Grand National fan for years, and my summer cruiser is a turbo GN-powered AC Cobra replica. Camaro is no match for either one.

So it was fall 2009, I had my Traverse in for warranty work, and when I went to get the keys, I looked over and saw this yellow 2010 RS/SS sitting in the showroom. Just out of curiosity, went to peek at it. The salesman started bragging that it's the first one in the state, proud to be that dealer who had it. Asked me what I drive (Traverse) and would I consider trading it (nope). Asked me if I had another car I'd consider trading, and mentioned my wife's Infiniti G35...the guy told me if it "truly has 20,000 miles and is clean, I could take home the new Camaro for $18,000". That got my attention fast.

So, I went home, told my wife that I'm going to go get an oil change on her car, and headed to the dealer. There I told them my wife will catch on, so they have 20 minutes to make the deal and deliver the car. Otherwise, no deal. Immediately started signing papers.

It took them 25 minutes to have the car in the lot, only because they had to fill the tank. Dealer owner told me I now hold the record for delivery of a car.

I drove off, called the li'l missus and told her I got her something that had been "calling her name". She wasn't impressed...told me I'm out of my mind. So she took the keys for the Traverse and I've been driving the yellow car ever since.

Not that I'm complaining...

Caspers Electronics Inc.
Loveland CO
2010 2SS/RS Yellow/Black > http://www.bummlbe.com
GNVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:15 PM   #73
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
when I was in my early teens a friend of mine's Dad had a black Iroc Z, thought that car was the bomb, but I or my family didn't have the money to afford a car like that back then( mid 80's) fast forward to the winter of 09 and I decided to start car shopping, looked at all kinds of coupes then one day I saw a dark blue SS go through the ATM at my bank. I knew that second that I had to look in to one. when I found out the price of a V6 I said why not, three and a half years later I bought a black SS, now I have "that" car, not a 80's Iroc but a little better version and I couldn't be happier. worked hard the last 25 years, waited to get my first Camaro at 39, first SS at 44. think I deserved it. age is a freaking number anyway. buy what you can afford and live large!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #74
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
back in 2006 i turned 50. my husband of 32 years did not give me a present. i did not get a party. my 86 yr old mom gave me a $100 check ( i never cashed it - wait! i may still have it!!). needless to say i was somewhat miffed. driving home from work one day i drove into a dealership and bought my mid-life crisis car, a brand new 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP convertible.

i loved that turbo-charged little 4 banger. i modded it out. i had 8 great years driving up PCH and detailing it myself. about seven months ago, only had 22,000 miles on it when it was parked outside my school and a lady in a giant SUV plowed into it and totaled it.

the insurance gave me a check for $20K and i said, what the heck! there's time for one more mid-life crisis! i never owned a muscle car and went straight to the 2SS/RS. picked it up at the same place i'd bought the Pontiac. out of pocket cost to me $23K plus the few mods Camaro5 has forced me to make.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #75
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNVenom View Post
I really had no desire to own a Camaro. I've been a Buick Grand National fan for years, and my summer cruiser is a turbo GN-powered AC Cobra replica. Camaro is no match for either one.

So it was fall 2009, I had my Traverse in for warranty work, and when I went to get the keys, I looked over and saw this yellow 2010 RS/SS sitting in the showroom. Just out of curiosity, went to peek at it. The salesman started bragging that it's the first one in the state, proud to be that dealer who had it. Asked me what I drive (Traverse) and would I consider trading it (nope). Asked me if I had another car I'd consider trading, and mentioned my wife's Infiniti G35...the guy told me if it "truly has 20,000 miles and is clean, I could take home the new Camaro for $18,000". That got my attention fast.

So, I went home, told my wife that I'm going to go get an oil change on her car, and headed to the dealer. There I told them my wife will catch on, so they have 20 minutes to make the deal and deliver the car. Otherwise, no deal. Immediately started signing papers.

It took them 25 minutes to have the car in the lot, only because they had to fill the tank. Dealer owner told me I now hold the record for delivery of a car.

I drove off, called the li'l missus and told her I got her something that had been "calling her name". She wasn't impressed...told me I'm out of my mind. So she took the keys for the Traverse and I've been driving the yellow car ever since.

Not that I'm complaining...
I think this story pretty much wins the thread.

"Hey honey, look what I bought you!!"
"Eww"
"Fine, your loss, mine now!"
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #76
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I have always wanted a car like this. Now the kids are grown and I can afford it I did not hesitate. Nothing to do with any crisis mid life or otherwise.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #77
LBJ

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
Iam 53 & I like to think Megan Fox made me do it..bit I can't lie I just like the looks of camaro's so I got one .
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1rear sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #78
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Mine is somewhat mid-life crisis sounding. I had just turned 50 was at the gym running on a treadmill and there was an auto show reviewing the lime green Mustang. In a split second I thought I could get one of those I had always loved fast cars but had never had one...So I started looking at them. But then decided I should look at Camaro's just to rule them out.

Nope loved them right away and had to have one. Bought mine a week later. Oddly enough my marriage of 27 years was also going south at this time and we separated shortly after. I kept my car and the cat.... win! So as a single guy this car is a riot to have.

Cam
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #79
NNOHRRY

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
I will be 62 in February. No....I'm not having a "mid-life" crisis!! Im just at the point in my life that I can honestly say that I can afford to "buy what I want"!!! I retired USAF, and have always wanted a Camaro. So this past October, I ordered mine. 2015 SS. I LOVE this car!! I get complemented all the time about what a nice looking car it is. People can say what they want about the mid-life thing.....I just smile....and say....Nope, not me.
NNOHRRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #80
BigJ

Drives: Red 2013 Camaro SS, Black 1980 Z28
I simply love Camaros!! I have a '80 Z28 and a '13 SS! I also have a loving wife that supports my love for the Camaro! I mean, she purchased them both as a Christmas gift and a birthday present! So no crisis, just a desire!
BigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #81
Josh.Duncan

Drives: 2014 1LT/RS Camaro; 2012 VW Jetta
I'm 22. I am a full-time college student working on going to Optometry School and then to a PhD program. I'm a research scientist intern with the EPA and I am a husband. I got the car because my wife said I could after drooling over them lol

2014 1LT/RS
Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, MRT V1.0 Axle-Back Exhaust, LG Motorsports ZR28 Black Wheels
MRT V1.0 Axle-Back Exhaust
BMR Strut Tower Brace
LG Motorsports ZR28 Black Wheels
Josh.Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:04 AM   #82
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
because im 28 and awesome. But also because before I bought my Camaro I tried to buy a 3.8l Hyundai Genesis coupe and they messed up on my trade in by 5k... after 3 hours of waiting I walked out because they couldn't offer me anything NEAR what I wanted/expected to pay. That, and before this, i'd owned 6 cars, none of which had more than 160hp.
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:10 AM   #83
crazy82012

Drives: SIM2012 Rollin on22's LEDs
To look cool & pick up on chicks ,Women dig camaros
crazy82012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:20 AM   #84
crazy82012

Drives: SIM2012 Rollin on22's LEDs
lol
Cause I'm a camaro guy ,bought my first Camaro at 11 yrs old"1968",$500 bones ,a paper route & shop clean up kid, still trying to put it together tho, also got a 94 with t-tops & a 82 z28 did I already say cause I'm a Camaro guy
crazy82012 is offline   Reply With Quote