Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-02-2018, 09:52 AM   #15
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I don't get why you want to do it, unless you want the looks.

While they claim a HP increase, I think most people who have tested before and after in the real world, got maybe 2-3 HP. The stock airbox does a great job on its own.
We tested the Roto-Fab with the 6th gen Camaro's and it added 14+ HP. Click HERE to see our Dyno results!

Cheers,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #16
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
If or when , ROTOFAB. will be cool with my DIY third tail light flashy flashy relay.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #17
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Wrong...

The burden of proof is on the dealer, not you...
By law this is correct, but by reality this is not the way it will not go and you will have to come out of pocket to prove otherwise.

The dealer can / will likely flag the vehicle making it impossible to have warranty service anywhere on something generic and vague such as having the CAI. GM will refuse to honor the powertrain warranty. You won't be able to do a thing about it unless you take them to court.

Yes the court may turn in your favor and ask GM to PROVE it (where the burden of proof lies on the dealer because up to this point GM / Dealership isn't losing a thing by not proving the issue was or was not related to the CAI.)

By this point (several months down the road) you would have easily wasted $4,000+ is legal fees for attorneys, court, and also time.

Just because something is written in law doesn't necessarily mean said law is going to be enforced outside of your pocket.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #18
zerovisual

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
By law this is correct, but by reality this is not the way it will not go and you will have to come out of pocket to prove otherwise.

The dealer can / will likely flag the vehicle making it impossible to have warranty service anywhere on something generic and vague such as having the CAI. GM will refuse to honor the powertrain warranty. You won't be able to do a thing about it unless you take them to court.

Yes the court may turn in your favor and ask GM to PROVE it (where the burden of proof lies on the dealer because up to this point GM / Dealership isn't losing a thing by not proving the issue was or was not related to the CAI.)

By this point (several months down the road) you would have easily wasted $4,000+ is legal fees for attorneys, court, and also time.

Just because something is written in law doesn't necessarily mean said law is going to be enforced outside of your pocket.

Things have really changed. I had a 1995 Z28 in college and it had a GM warranty on it. I beat the hell out of that car.. it had a cut-out, MSD ignitions, CIA, performance mode stickers and they still fixed the car under warranty. I took it in several times for broken motors mounts. They even asked if I beat on the car. I mean comeon I was like 20 at the time and a sports car. But they did fix everything.

Now I do not even dare modifying my car because of my warranty. Granted these cars are way more the race car then they were in 1995, but still. I love the car as it sits. I will enjoy it for a few years as it is and then after I am comfortable with it and ready to upgrade I will consider it.
zerovisual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #19
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
2018, 2ss, automatic. I had the K&N Blackhawk installed. I noticed the car is a little louder when accelerating. I did not feel an increase in speed. The one negative is you will hear a whistling noise when accelerating.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #20
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
We tested the Roto-Fab with the 6th gen Camaro's and it added 14+ HP. Click HERE to see our Dyno results!

Cheers,

Kayla L.
Any gains for a "CAI" are usually at the expense somewhere else within the curve or less torque and that is assuming the dyno runs are valid, vs. "in the noise", when considering such a small % increase. The computer is going to compensate, unless you are changing the tune and exhaust restrictions, it's highly unlikely there is any real difference, if there was, GM would have engineered it like this in the first place.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #21
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post

No, in reality as well. I have personally fought denials and won with zero out of pocket. The dealer has to prove the parts you added were the cause of the failure otherwise they are obligated by law to replace whats wrong if covered by warranty.

By your explanation the world wouldnt go around if every giant company did that. Otherwise everyone would just say " nah, we aint warranting shit. Dont like it? Sue us"

There are consumer protections for a reason. Of course, when we are talking about blown motors.... there could be months to investigate but adding an intake is of little concern...
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #22
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
A CAI may give you a modest seat of the pants increase a best, but not much. Spend the money if you want the look, and Roto Fab looks great with that big open filter. Unless you are adding a a CAI to compliment other mods, including a tune, it is not a good return on investment for your hard earned dollars.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #23
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
K&N filter with the factory air box is the best bang for your buck
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:48 PM   #24
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Change stock to k&n
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:09 PM   #25
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
No, in reality as well. I have personally fought denials and won with zero out of pocket. The dealer has to prove the parts you added were the cause of the failure otherwise they are obligated by law to replace whats wrong if covered by warranty.
With consumer protection units, it vary's state to state. Honestly so do Lawyers but consumer protection units typically have very strict guidelines of what they will fight and what they won't... some states may be more lenient than others, Overall though, it still has to be taken to arbitrary (court) if the manufacture refuses / declines to repair and depending on the state, that can take several months up to a year literally just to get scheduled in (as you're dealing with the state and quite possibly a endless queue). With a consumer protection unit, no you won't need to come out of pocket, HOWEVER; most consumer protection units typically only protect certain (very explicit) causes, usually varying state to state, in Georgia or Texas they will honor lemon law claims so long as they fall within specific legal guidelines. They will honor denial of warranty as well IF the case is clear cut and dry (you didn't modify or touch the car and suddenly you pop a piston and the dealer refuses to fix it.), but if the Manufacture pushes back on anything dis-obligatory on your part of the warranty, if even they don't "prove" it, you will need to hire a lawyer as you entered grounds of a legal issue and not a consumer issue.
A consumer issue would be, GM isn't honoring the warranty on an unmodified completely manufacture spec car.
A legal issue would be, The car was modified and needs investigation to determine the point of failure and GM is not falling through on investigating the cause of failure.

Quote:
By your explanation the world wouldnt go around if every giant company did that. Otherwise everyone would just say " nah, we aint warranting shit. Dont like it? Sue us"

There are consumer protections for a reason. Of course, when we are talking about blown motors.... there could be months to investigate but adding an intake is of little concern...
If Manufactures went around denying every warranty claim they could they would not be in business very long as regardless of any consumer protection or the lack there of, people will stop buying from them and word of mouth is powerful when it comes to dissatisfaction on claims which are legitly a manufacturer issue.

Its when you step into that grey area where you're at their mercy without legal action. That is the area where they know they can either step out of legal obligation in a area that won't significantly hurt their reputation. The average consumer does not buy a car to modify. We as enthusiast maybe at best make up 10% of automobile owners, and even fewer of those actually fall through with modding. So to deny a claim of a lower percentile would not hurt GM that much.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 11-03-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:47 AM   #26
SteevK

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper blue A8 NPP MRC
I got a K&N Typhoon (the shiny one) with a blue Spectre cone filter. Wasn't expecting any more power, but it sounds and looks great!
SteevK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:32 AM   #27
SteevK

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper blue A8 NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by njweatherman View Post
2018, 2ss, automatic. I had the K&N Blackhawk installed. I noticed the car is a little louder when accelerating. I did not feel an increase in speed. The one negative is you will hear a whistling noise when accelerating.
If you don't like the whistle, I think there's a spacer for the TB end. I got a Typhoon (I like shiny objects) and it doesn't whistle - I'm using a Spectre filter, so that may make a difference...
Old 11-04-2018, 08:34 AM   #28
wildchevy

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I don't get why you want to do it, unless you want the looks.

While they claim a HP increase, I think most people who have tested before and after in the real world, got maybe 2-3 HP. The stock airbox does a great job on its own.
Truth

2018 HBM 2SS CONVERTIBLE A8
wildchevy is offline   Reply With Quote