Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 03-27-2017, 01:35 AM   #1
BEETS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
New 1LE owner random questions:

Ok, I've been reading all over this forum and learning a lot of great things. Here's the last few things I have yet to figure out:

1. Is the rear diff fluid change absolutely necessary at or near the 1,500 mile break in?

2. Has anyone noticed that the DRL seem dimmer when you switch from auto to parking lights? I want to cruise with the DRL's near dusk but noticed it's not as bright as auto, or it could be in my head.

3. What's the final verdict on the roto fab intake? Is it mostly for sound or actual HP gains?

Coming from a 2011 M3 and a 2012 C63, my 1LE wins 1st place on tracks and in the fun factor category!
BEETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:59 AM   #2
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Re: The DRLs, they're dimmer in the parking light setting and when the headlights are on. They will also stay on with the turn signals in that mode. I run DRLs off during the day and switch to parking lights at dusk. Good to hear you are enjoying your 1LE. (Who isn't?)
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #3
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
1. Necessary, no but most do it to get the factory fill fluid out. I changed my oil and transmission fluid at 1700 miles. Diff is coming up next.

3. Roto-Fab, I say it produces power for sure. The nay-sayers will say 10rwhp gains are not worth it, but in this day and age finding extra power is not easy nor cheap on vehicles.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEETS View Post
1. Is the rear diff fluid change absolutely necessary at or near the 1,500 mile break in?
From what I have read, if you plan on tracking it at all, GM does in fact recommend it...mine will be getting changed at 1500 regardless.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
From what I have read, if you plan on tracking it at all, GM does in fact recommend it...mine will be getting changed at 1500 regardless.
I didn't do the diff fluid change at 1500 but will be doing it before my first event next month.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
BEETS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Re: The DRLs, they're dimmer in the parking light setting and when the headlights are on. They will also stay on with the turn signals in that mode. I run DRLs off during the day and switch to parking lights at dusk. Good to hear you are enjoying your 1LE. (Who isn't?)
Man that's a bummer, I wonder if there is a way around that? Hey, don't I know you from M3post??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
1. Necessary, no but most do it to get the factory fill fluid out. I changed my oil and transmission fluid at 1700 miles. Diff is coming up next.

3. Roto-Fab, I say it produces power for sure. The nay-sayers will say 10rwhp gains are not worth it, but in this day and age finding extra power is not easy nor cheap on vehicles.
Ok, guess I should take care of this soon as I plan to hit up willow springs next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Hmm... my service rep said he knew noting about it, but then again I don't even think he knew the difference between a 1LE and non 1LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I didn't do the diff fluid change at 1500 but will be doing it before my first event next month.
Same here
BEETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #7
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Yup! Good to see you on here.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote