Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-30-2016, 09:38 PM   #141
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
So some other folks should have this kit installed by now. So anyone want to share their experiences with the install and performance?

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #142
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Is this kit available in audio retail stores yet?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #143
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
It drives me crazy that people will produce such a nice looking kit, but make a bad decision - in this case, on a couple of cheap switches - that make the whole kit less appealing.

If they came up with better switches (just going off what other people have said), I'd order one of these right away.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #144
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
It drives me crazy that people will produce such a nice looking kit, but make a bad decision - in this case, on a couple of cheap switches - that make the whole kit less appealing.

If they came up with better switches (just going off what other people have said), I'd order one of these right away.
Email them or call them with your concerns. If enough people contact them about some design or hardware issues, they may make some changes. But if no one says anything, then they definitely won't.

I really want to get this kit, but it won't work with the 2DIN radios I want to use. It seems like they designed the radio opening to accommodate with big name brands, but they failed to realize more and more people are going with different units. And these units are slightly wider and taller. I have an Android radio in my Suburban and I really don't want to go back to Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #145
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Is this kit available in audio retail stores yet?
Elaborate. Car Toys etc? If they refuse to source and install it then they are morons, find a different shop,
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #146
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
So some other folks should have this kit installed by now. So anyone want to share their experiences with the install and performance?
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:38 PM   #147
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post

I have to admit that the switches do not work as I would like. The door lock switches on my unit work fine and make contact with very little effort or pressure. But I use the door lock switches on the door so it doesn't matter to me and could have been left out entirely. Now the hazard switch is hard to make contact. I have to press it several times to get them to work. They do work though and you hopefully wont need them very often. Improvement could take place. Minor to me but maybe not to others.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #148
kain929

Drives: 2012 2SS, Silver, Borla S Type, CAI
I just ordered on of these kits from phasetek today. Hopefully it works without flaws.
kain929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:29 PM   #149
kain929

Drives: 2012 2SS, Silver, Borla S Type, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I ordered the Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS head unit. Holding it up to the PAC unit it has a perfect fit. It also has a tilting adjustment to tilt the faceplate for easier access. I have not had time to install yet but hope to start tomorrow.
Can you post pics of the finished project? I purchased the Pioneer AVH-X4800BS. I'm sure the head units are the same size. The kit is on order from Phasetek and should be in soon.
kain929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:36 PM   #150
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
So the factory reverse camara works ...
RLNTLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:12 PM   #151
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramlion View Post
My reverse camera is in the mirror and still works fine. I think if you have the My Link it will still work.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #152
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kain929 View Post
Can you post pics of the finished project? I purchased the Pioneer AVH-X4800BS. I'm sure the head units are the same size. The kit is on order from Phasetek and should be in soon.
Post 67

Old 10-02-2016, 07:45 AM   #153
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
reverse camera new headunit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramlion View Post
i have the reverse camera in my mirror and i got the gen5diy adapter that moves it to headunit from mirror. plug n play...or he also has one that both HU/mirror can still be used.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #154
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
Where does one order this kit with all the rite parts already gathered. The chime that seems to be missimg from the kit.does it come with radio harness for aftermarket radio.. or do i need to source one out ... metra aftermarket wiring accessory?
RLNTLSS is offline   Reply With Quote