Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #43
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
You should consider trading yours in. If I had that many dislikes with mine it would be gone. As far as it not being the fastest pony car, so what, are you racing for money? Or do you need the bragging rights when bench racing? Every "the fastest" is nothing but a target for the other manufacturers to shoot at. There is always a faster car. I am so happy that after almost three years with my 1SS, I still love it, even with it's quirks.
Im not trying to be faster than anyone. I was just disappointed on how fast it took Ford and Dodge to surpass the Camaro in such a short time but I love my car so no need to trade it in. Another thing that bugs is the windows easily pits and chips. However that's no reason to trade the car in. He asked what peoples complaints are so I gave him the run down. I didn't say anything about hating the car and getting rid of it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #44
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Disappointed me too. Had to leave a key in the car all night once to charge the phone

I am going to have to tap into a hot wire.

You will look great in a Camaro!
Everyone does!

Stick or Auto?
I'd get the manual for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
The convertible tops are a huge problem that is being ignored by Chevy. Go to the ''vert'' forum and take a look at all the problems. Some are minor some are major like mine top frame keeps collapsing and they can not fix it.
Not a fan of convertibles and never have been (no offense to the owners of them). I worked at a used car dealer and every convertible we had of every make seemed to leak.

The paint problems don't sound too much different than that of my GTO. I know that is one of my main complaints with it. My front end has chips all over it but I also have 40K miles on it. On the passenger door handle the paint just kind of chipped off, possibly because it's plastic.
greg72982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
I have 21,000 miles on mine and not one issue with rock chips or paint. I drive my car everyday. I see people stating more personal preferences than problems. Clutch issues can be from driving ability and experience. Answer to that is an automatic transmission. Blind spot, get wide angle mirrors to put on the mirrors. Lighter not staying on, can be fixed with a re-wiring to the fuse box to a hot lead.

One thing that has been a problem is the random trunk opening, this was fixed with a double tap mod in the fuse box.
And they don't give you a spare tire. I bought one onlilne.

One thing I would have like to have would be a built in DVD/GPS like Dodge has put in their vehicles. Other than that, this is the best car I have ever owned and will always drive mine and keep buying more in the future.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #46
camslambam
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS, 06 SRT10 Ram
OEM differential is a POS.
AFM is a POS.
L99 lifters are a POS.
Stock l99 cam--if you can even call it that--is laughable
camslambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #47
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post
Price of speeding tickets, everyone wants to take pics of care, lots of attention
Tried to figure out what this meant, then i realized you meant Car

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #48
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Im not trying to be faster than anyone. I was just disappointed on how fast it took Ford and Dodge to surpass the Camaro in such a short time but I love my car so no need to trade it in. Another thing that bugs is the windows easily pits and chips. However that's no reason to trade the car in. He asked what peoples complaints are so I gave him the run down. I didn't say anything about hating the car and getting rid of it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Through the 1980's, I chased the fastest motorcycle, I would buy it and next year the other Japanese company would come out with a faster one. The next year I would buy the latest, fastest motorcycle. I got sick of buying a new one every two years so I went back to HD. It is the same with my SS. If the Muskrat is faster, so what. It just does not matter to me any more. The Muskrat does not make my SS any slower. It can still kill me or get me arrested if I drive it that way. No car will ever be perfect, and it sounds like the thing that we have in common is that we love our Camaros despite any percieved warts.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #49
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
I'd get the manual for sure

Not a fan of convertibles and never have been (no offense to the owners of them). I worked at a used car dealer and every convertible we had of every make seemed to leak.

The paint problems don't sound too much different than that of my GTO. I know that is one of my main complaints with it. My front end has chips all over it but I also have 40K miles on it. On the passenger door handle the paint just kind of chipped off, possibly because it's plastic.
Mustang rag tops don't leak rip or come apart as the Camaro ones do.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #50
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
2011 IOM SS/RS M6 and I have no complaints. No paint chips and the blind spots arent that bad.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
M_Knife_Shamylan
Book Learner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT, 1999 Tahoe 2Dr.
Just remembered another complaint. The windows rolling down every time I open the door. It's all well and good when the weather is nice, but if the window is frozen it will struggle for around 5 seconds before it gives up. Anyone else have this?
M_Knife_Shamylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #52
M3NTA7

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Transformer Edition
Just got our 2012 2SS Transformer Edition! It's a sweet car!

The brake rotor hats were rusty as they don't coat them at the factory and it's crappy looking when you can see rust through the spoked rims. Dealership removed the rust and painted with high temp paint.

The other complaint I have is that I haven't had much chance to drive it as much as I like yet... Can't wait for more time and better weather!
M3NTA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #53
trganey

Drives: 1979 Z28-Retired, 2012 RS
The biggest problem I have with mine is all these hot young college age girls wanting me to take them for a ride. I'm a happily married man and old enough to be their daddy.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jk
trganey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #54
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
AFM and exhaust but after tune, x pipe, and flowmaster AMT mufflers, no more issues
camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #55
cuffnstuff1

Drives: Hearse
o2 sensor keeps going out 4500 miles
cuffnstuff1 is offline   Reply With Quote