Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
Ribak433

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Slow to shift during manual shift

Just wondering if anyone else encounters the, what I would refer to is as a lag when shifting the car manually?!
For example.... When I shift the car in a "race" type of situation and bring the car to redline and shift. the car will hit the overrev and fall on its face. So what I'm having to do is shift ahead of redline to prevent this from happening. Is there something that can be changed to make the shifts instant? Like old schoool. Before electronics, when you slammed the stick forward IT SHIFTED. There was no "oh wait, shift now?" I'm getting used to shifting the car early so that it hits redline and shifts together close to the same time. But I really don't understand the theory on the short delay....
Ribak433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribak433 View Post
Just wondering if anyone else encounters the, what I would refer to is as a lag when shifting the car manually?!
For example.... When I shift the car in a "race" type of situation and bring the car to redline and shift. the car will hit the overrev and fall on its face. So what I'm having to do is shift ahead of redline to prevent this from happening. Is there something that can be changed to make the shifts instant? Like old schoool. Before electronics, when you slammed the stick forward IT SHIFTED. There was no "oh wait, shift now?" I'm getting used to shifting the car early so that it hits redline and shifts together close to the same time. But I really don't understand the theory on the short delay....
This?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471816
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
You don't say what transmission you have?

Are you talking about the paddle shifters? If so those things are pretty slow, and kinda a waste. The car will shift quicker if you leave it in D.

If you have a manual, not sure what you are talking about unfortunately as I have no delay. But if you are shifting too late, you are going to hit the rev limiter. That will feel like the car fell on its face, as it should at that point. There is no reason to wait that long to shift these cars as you are past the meat of the powerband by the time that kicks in at around 6700 on a stock car...
Old 01-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Operator error..
Old 01-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #5
Ribak433

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I apologize, I have the A8. And actually I'm referring to the console shifter. I've never used the paddles for anything other than just goofing off. I'm more old school and always had shifters on the console. I read through the other threads I was directed to and apparently its just the way the system is and there is no "fix" It could be operator error, but I really don't think so. Ive got a fair amount of experiencing drag racing and never had any issues before. If redline was 6800 you shifted at 6750-6800. Or atleast i did. With this car, redline 6700, I have to shift at around 6200 or so for it to shift AT REDLINE.
Ribak433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #6
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
I apologize, I have the A8. And actually I'm referring to the console shifter. I've never used the paddles for anything other than just goofing off. I'm more old school and always had shifters on the console. I read through the other threads I was directed to and apparently its just the way the system is and there is no "fix" It could be operator error, but I really don't think so. Ive got a fair amount of experiencing drag racing and never had any issues before. If redline was 6800 you shifted at 6750-6800. Or atleast i did. With this car, redline 6700, I have to shift at around 6200 or so for it to shift AT REDLINE.
I think the built in delay is going to force you to shift earlier than you are used too. It's not fun or even comfortable. I haven't messed with it much yet. I'm sure with time you'll figure it out. Good luck.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #7
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
I have to shift at around 6200 or so for it to shift AT REDLINE.

You just answered your own question. It's not a DCT