Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-25-2015, 09:54 PM   #197
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectre View Post
It's a nice interior (and a HUGE step up from the 5th gen) for sure, but no... it is not nicer than even the entry level BMW (2-series) or Audi (A3).
I'm not going to argue of which interior is higher quality, or has all of those "soft touch" panels that everyone seems to want (I'm sure its BMW), but doesn't really matter at all in my opinion. I've said it before...I'll say it again. As long as the interior is attractive, well put together, and durable thats all I care about. I don't give a rats butt about whether or not the dash pokes in a bit when I push my finger on it.

For me...its Camaro interior all day b/c of its uniqueness over the rather honda looking BMW 2 series interior.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #198
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
If all else fails, bring up sales directly or indirectly.
I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would not concede that the stock 2016 SS is a better performer that the stock 2016 GT? I mean, we already knew what the result of any head-to-head testing would be based on the numbers we already had available.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:49 PM   #199
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
It's a nice interior (and a HUGE step up from the 5th gen) for sure, but no... it is not nicer than even the entry level BMW (2-series) or Audi (A3).
BMW 2-series interior is so awful, it looks like an early 2000's econo car. The gauge cluster is so bad.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #200
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm not going to argue of which interior is higher quality, or has all of those "soft touch" panels that everyone seems to want (I'm sure its BMW), but doesn't really matter at all in my opinion. I've said it before...I'll say it again. As long as the interior is attractive, well put together, and durable thats all I care about. I don't give a rats butt about whether or not the dash pokes in a bit when I push my finger on it.

For me...its Camaro interior all day b/c of its uniqueness over the rather honda looking BMW 2 series interior.

If its uniqueness you want, sure. Camaro. But quality? Even the glowing auto rag reviews say there is still hard plastic atop the dash and door panels. I have a 2-series (which I am getting rid of), and have also had seat time in an A3. Trust me, as far as interior quality goes they have it all over the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
BMW 2-series interior is so awful, it looks like an early 2000's econo car. The gauge cluster is so bad.
Then you must hate every BMW interior ever. The gauge cluster almost never changes.

And sorry, but no. It looks and feels nothing like an econo car interior.

Again, I am on board with the new Camaro interior. It looks terrific. I still need to fondle it, but I'll bet dollars to donuts it's not up to BMW/Audi snuff, and that is perfectly fine, btw.

As an aside, I can see the Camaro interior being better than Mercedes' entry level car, the CLA. That one is "meh" all around.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:02 AM   #201
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
If its uniqueness you want, sure. Camaro. But quality? Even the glowing auto rag reviews say there is still hard plastic atop the dash and door panels. I have a 2-series (which I am getting rid of), and have also had seat time in an A3. Trust me, as far as interior quality goes they have it all over the Camaro.

Then you must hate every BMW interior ever. The gauge cluster almost never changes.

Again, I am on board with the new Camaro interior. It looks terrific. I still need to fondle it, but I'll bet dollars to donuts it's not up to BMW/Audi snuff, and that is perfectly fine, btw.

As an aside, I can see the Camaro interior being better than Mercedes' entry level car, the CLA. That one is "meh" all around.
Have you sat in the 6th gen or seen it in person? My 328i has a lot of hard and cheap plastics and the leather is no better than the fake leather that was in my Jetta. It's world's better than a 5th gen but it is not without flaws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:10 AM   #202
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Have you sat in the 6th gen or seen it in person? My 328i has a lot of hard and cheap plastics and the leather is no better than the fake leather that was in my Jetta. It's world's better than a 5th gen but it is not without flaws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Like I said, I haven't sat in a 6th gen yet.

BUT, I agree with you about the 3-series (and by extension, my own 2-series). I still think that, albeit not as "wow" as the Camaro's, the soft touch plastics on the dash of the Bimmer do make for a "better" interior. I also have the (fake) wood appliqué in my car, which IMO looks nicer than the metal trims.

Again, I am not complaining about the 6th gen interior at all. I'm ok with it having hard plastics where it's reported to have them. I just took issue with whoever said the interior was better than a BMW/Audi's.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:27 AM   #203
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would not concede that the stock 2016 SS is a better performer that the stock 2016 GT? I mean, we already knew what the result of any head-to-head testing would be based on the numbers we already had available.
Plenty of people have, the sane amongst us, even the H2H article does this.

Like I said in a previous post, Camaro looked to the enthusiasts, asked what they wanted. . . and delivered.

Mustang opted to aim at "the masses" while making the enthusiasts pay for higher tier Mustang options e.g. the GT350.

Neither approach is bad and let's be honest, neither car is bad. One performs better in a set of metrics, as a sports car, and one performs better in a whole other set of metrics, as a touring car.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:11 AM   #204
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
yes it´s more the old tranny than the coyote V8.
If the 10speed auto comes in a year it will be on par with a 2SS, imo.
They track the 4T and the V8 at our Sachsenring and found the T4 all in all more balanced and better for that. But car is still to heavy (M4 weighs under 3600lbs). With a tune it can reach 400hp and torque curve is muuch better.
We have no idea if the 10 speed comes in a year for the Mustang. We also have no idea what this 10 speed is about. Is it better for performance? Or just fuel economy? Either?

We do know that - there are diminishing returns
This is a joint venture between GM and Ford, so if the 10 speed is actually better than the 8l90 Chevy can use it too.

The "just wait until the 10 speed" comment is very desperate sounding. It will not put the GTPP on par with a 2ss. It is still heavier and less powerful. Perhaps it will shift faster than the current Mustang 6 speed, but it will also need to shift more often. 8 is a lot of gears, border line too many. 10 is not necessarily better.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:31 AM   #205
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
We have no idea if the 10 speed comes in a year for the Mustang. We also have no idea what this 10 speed is about. Is it better for performance? Or just fuel economy? Either?

This is a joint venture between GM and Ford, so if the 10 speed is actually better than the 8l90 Chevy can use it too.

The "just wait until the 10 speed" comment is very desperate sounding. It will not put the GTPP on par with a 2ss. It is still heavier and less powerful. Perhaps it will shift faster than the current Mustang 6 speed, but it will also need to shift more often. 8 is a lot of gears, border line too many. 10 is not necessarily better.
Going from a 6 speed to a 10 speed is no doubt going to be geared in a way that improves performance without sacrificing fuel economy. Though there is diminishing return, so the 10 speed auto Mustang GT (if and when it is produced) will not put it ahead of the 2016 Camaro SS with the 8 speed auto. Car and Driver ran a 12.3 @ 116MPH, granted this is comparing to a manual transmission car though this matches the non R version of the Mustang GT350 which goes from 435BHP to 526BHP (almost 100BHP more). It is a combination of a broad torque curve, lower mass, and a fast shifting automatic that got that time.

Will be interesting if GM offers a 1LE package for the sixth generation Camaro....
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #206
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
Going from a 6 speed to a 10 speed is no doubt going to be geared in a way that improves performance without sacrificing fuel economy. Though there is diminishing return, so the 10 speed auto Mustang GT (if and when it is produced) will not put it ahead of the 2016 Camaro SS with the 8 speed auto. Car and Driver ran a 12.3 @ 116MPH, granted this is comparing to a manual transmission car though this matches the non R version of the Mustang GT350 which goes from 435BHP to 526BHP (almost 100BHP more). It is a combination of a broad torque curve, lower mass, and a fast shifting automatic that got that time.

Will be interesting if GM offers a 1LE package for the sixth generation Camaro....
I've been watching GT350 track videos and that 5.2L Coyote "Voodoo" seems like a big Honda VTECH engine. I can practically imagine the driver griping the steering wheel between 4000 and 6000 rpm, rocking front to back and screaming "Come On!!".

That and their mag ride is only in front on a chassis not nearly as sorted in terms of track work as the Alpha. The track runs I see look unwieldy like you're fighting hard to keep it on the pavement. Sure you can white knuckle a few good laps but it looks like a lot of work.

And the noise, sure the GT350 sound may be nice to some at first, but I prefer the LT-1's sound and the Camaro's sound deadening. That GT-350 sounds like you have your head in a food processor. In short the GT350 looks like you are driving...or attempting to hold on for dear life to a chain saw wielding Tasmanian devil. While the SS is going to be a precision guided scalpel.

Last edited by mcsoul; 10-26-2015 at 08:00 AM.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:48 AM   #207
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post

Couldn't agree more.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #208
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:

Yes the material quality is probably higher on a BMW, but it doesn't look good. I don't like any BMW interiors. The most common thing I hear people complain about BMW other than high price for the performance is the interior is really dated. It doesn't feel like an econo interior but it definitely looks like one with the basic vents, controls, and gauge cluster.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:08 AM   #209
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
As of today, with the all new 6th gen Camaro and the mustang where it stands of today, the 6th gen is light years ahead of the mustang in terms of looks (both inside and outside), performance and handling.

Mustang people can whine all they want to. But it is what it is................
But look at it this way, now FORD will be forced to up there game, again..
And around and around we go.

The mustang growls, the Camaro howls...............................

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:13 AM   #210
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
I was expecting it. There has to be some legal dept. lawyer from Motor Trend corporate raising Hell about public display of their material.
And they have every right to! I am surprised that this site doesn't frown upon posting someone else's copyrighted material. The majority of forums do. It could lead to all kinds of legal trouble for whoever runs the website.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote