Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-10-2015, 11:22 PM   #99
VF-22

Drives: 4 Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
Just a friendly note since this is the second time I've seen this in this thread. The phrase is "per se".
Did you say PARLEY?
VF-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:25 AM   #100
stars_fan
Nerd

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Understandable, but for 99% of people who will track the new SS, (which let's be honest, won't be that big of a number) something like Pfadt coilovers are more then they will ever need, or get to their limits with and will give even more fantastic results then the car is already capable of. Many pro teams run their product, and in all honesty you are the only person I have ever heard knock them. If you feel the need to drop $10,000 on coilovers, the SS is the wrong car to be doing that with.

Pfadt has no clue what's going on. This is the same company that trashed reputable companies (DRM & LG) on corvetteforum for their design only to come out with a copy a few years later claiming they are the best.

Also the thread was deleted on corvetteforum but it was a thread on how he buys all that crap on the cheap from China. There was a scanned copy of a shipping receipt showing he had stuff coming in from customs from China. With that info it's pretty easy to understand why the company went out of business. Enough people catch on their buying cheap Chinese crap and they take their business elsewhere.
stars_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #101
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars_fan View Post
Pfadt has no clue what's going on. This is the same company that trashed reputable companies (DRM & LG) on corvetteforum for their design only to come out with a copy a few years later claiming they are the best.

Also the thread was deleted on corvetteforum but it was a thread on how he buys all that crap on the cheap from China. There was a scanned copy of a shipping receipt showing he had stuff coming in from customs from China. With that info it's pretty easy to understand why the company went out of business. Enough people catch on their buying cheap Chinese crap and they take their business elsewhere.
Well, LG is a questionable company themselves, they have had more then there fare share of issues back in the LS1 F-body days. Sorry to hear that Pfdat took a turn for the worse. I know China supplies many venders parts (there actually are some decent factories in China believe it or not), but they shouldn't have lied about it, if that is the case. My particular coilovers were purchased many years ago, in the early 2000's, so mine were made long before these issues you speak of, and I have not had one issue at all with them. And they have been on the car for about 35,000 miles and countless trips to the track. I guess if I go coilovers on my SS I will have to do some new research for sure...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #102
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Guys, save the suspension and who sucks and who doesn't stuff for other threads. Let's sorta keep this about the MRC.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #103
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Guys, save the suspension and who sucks and who doesn't stuff for other threads. Let's sorta keep this about the MRC.

--kC
Ok, well with that being said I'm still torn. I will be waiting to order a '17 (hoping for a 1LE), but...

My car will not be a daily driver, will be a weekend car with a good handful of trips to the drag strip and various autocross events over the year. I like a firm ride, and no matter what want to lower the car a little...

So do I skip MRC and do coilovers (or upgraded struts/shocks/springs), or get MRC and add lowering springs? I am thinking since it is not going to be a daily driver (and I don't care for a soft ride) and since it will see some track time that I will pass on MRC and do some of my own upgrades...

Opinions?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:46 AM   #104
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Ok, well with that being said I'm still torn. I will be waiting to order a '17 (hoping for a 1LE), but...

My car will not be a daily driver, will be a weekend car with a good handful of trips to the drag strip and various autocross events over the year. I like a firm ride, and no matter what want to lower the car a little...

So do I skip MRC and do coilovers (or upgraded struts/shocks/springs), or get MRC and add lowering springs? I am thinking since it is not going to be a daily driver (and I don't care for a soft ride) and since it will see some track time that I will pass on MRC and do some of my own upgrades...

Opinions?
I hear the GM is make a set of lowering springs for the MRC option cars....

Might be interesting to see how that plays out since your waiting until 2017.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #105
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
I think this is a good plan. Obviously, if GM comes out with something awesome, plans may change, but, it seems to me that a proper track tuned and adjustable suspension set will see better numbers than MRC at the end of the day.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:06 PM   #106
lisa2ss

Drives: 2013 Infiniti EX 37
My question is what about replacement cost. My husband read that it would be $1200 per shock if it fails. Any thoughts?

2500 Status 11/19/2015; 3000 Status 11/21/2015
3400 Status 12/12/2015 - TPW 12/21
3800 Status 12/18/2015; 4B00 Status 12/22/15
4300 Status 01/13/16; 4B00 Status 01/22/16
4200 Status 01/25/16; 4800 Status 01/28/16
4200 Status 01/29/16; Took Delivery 01/30/2016
6000 Status 02/01/16
VIN: 0135132
lisa2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #107
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2ss View Post
My question is what about replacement cost. My husband read that it would be $1200 per shock if it fails. Any thoughts?
Not true...

About $639 ea.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/20942614
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:50 PM   #108
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Everyone talks about the different selections for MRC. Is it controlled though the drive mode selector? I have never heard anything saying that the drive mode selector changes suspension. Sorry if this was covered before.
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #109
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Kaboom will know for sure, since he has MRC, but for sure going from tour to sport changes the dampening characteristics, not sure if it's just those two or if track mode takes it further.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #110
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Check out the videos I posted earlier in this topic.

The difference PTM modes change to dampening characteristics of the mag shocks like DenverTaco said.

This system is way more complicated then most people know. It also changes steering input values and throttle response. The ZL1 has two basic modes: Tour and Sport. Then beyond that you have 5 PTM (Performance Traction Modes) that you can select with 4 and 5 being the most aggressive "track" settings.

I assume the new 6th Gen with MRC option will follow the same set up.

GM has taken it a step further for the 6th Gen peeps as they can customize their settings. Say you want to drive in Tour settings but you want "Track" steering then you can adjust that. At least this is how I understand it.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #111
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
That answers that question.

Can you get a weight on your car when you get a chance?

Already got a 1SS, non-MRC, 7/8 tank of fuel it came in at 3668.

I'm building a spreadsheet.

--kC
Really curious on this spreadsheet. I want to know the following weight deltas:

1SS vs 2SS
manual vs auto
npp vs standard
mag ride vs standard
sunroof vs none
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote