Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #57
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
List all the cars that had issues out for me. Give some details instead of parroting all the doom and gloom stuff you have hesrd but not experienced. I'm beginning to think some people are just trying to bump up pages about issues in the search engines.

Randy Pobst loves the car. So do I. That's good enough for me. If I start having issues that GM won't fix ten I will get mad. Until then I choose to live with reality.
So you're saying anything said in the threads on Corvetteforum.com isn't valid because we didn't witness it first hand?

I guess anything you say isn't valid either since I'm not witnessing your car act properly. This entire forum isn't valid since it's all secondhand information in one way or another.

See how absurd that sounds?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #58
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So you're saying anything said in the threads on Corvetteforum.com isn't valid because we didn't witness it first hand?

I guess anything you say isn't valid either since I'm not witnessing your car act properly. This entire forum isn't valid since it's all secondhand information in one way or another.

Nope, not saying that at all. I'm saying list them out. I just listed out the ones I know about. I read CorvetteForums fairly and I agree the auto Z51 guys have something to complain about. Mostly they should be mad because GM hasn't said if they will retrofit prior MY cars with the new cooling stuff for MY 2016.

I will give you some more personal experience after the wife and I get back from tracking two rented Z06 next week. I'll also let you know if any of the other folks tracking Z06s at the same time have any heat issues.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:25 AM   #59
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
It's pretty obvious the LT4 has issues. There are many reports of various issues, are they "major", maybe not, but there sure aren't "minor" IMO. All I know is I wouldn't buy one until some further updates are made, and the ones they made are shown/proven to work.
I agree 100% with you. Until GM accepts that they have problems with their new powertrains and fix those issues (including LT4, LT1 & A8 the transmission) is when I would buy any new generation GM sport cars. We are not your guinea pigs, you should have a stronger QC on your process, some will say, but you have a warranty. And what about my wasted time doing that services or waiting for parts, etc.? or if you like to go to the track and suddenly your car is in blimp mode because it overheated, and drivers of cheaper and older sport cars pass you laughing at you because your expensive car was not able to complete at least 2 laps?. GM steep up and take some responsibility toward your present and future customers. I'm really amazed of your prior great products that you made like the Z28, ZL1, 1LE, CTS-V & the C6 Corvettes that proved to all euro & Japan exotics that you can compete with them. Do the same magic and bring back the trust on your new Performance vehicles, because now is only a 50/50 luck situation.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #60
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

Quote:
Nope, not saying that at all. I'm saying list them out. I just listed out the ones I know about. I read CorvetteForums fairly and I agree the auto Z51 guys have something to complain about. Mostly they should be mad because GM hasn't said if they will retrofit prior MY cars with the new cooling stuff for MY 2016.

I will give you some more personal experience after the wife and I get back from tracking two rented Z06 next week. I'll also let you know if any of the other folks tracking Z06s at the same time have any heat issues.
As promised, here is my feed back after two days at Spring Mountain. There were forty students and they were broken into two classes of twenty each. In our class of 20, there were 8 Z06s and all but one was an automatic. Both the wife and I drove autos. Each day consisted of one group in the classroom while the other group was in the cars, so the cars only got an hour rest for lunch. NO ONE OVER HEATED A LT4 ENGINE or A8 TRANSMISSION. Now, I recognize it wasn't that hot, so I asked the lead instructor about how often they overheat. He said even in 110 degree days they have never had a single LT4 or A8 have heat problems. The key, he said, was to not do engine braking. Before someone jumps in and says you can do it with the M7, they also instructed those students to not engine brake.

If you want to set A FEW fast lap times, sure you can put it in auto mode and not worry about shifting. If you want to go all day at the track then use manual mode. It still shifts faster than most people can manually and it has better gearing.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #61
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
Quote:
As promised, here is my feed back after two days at Spring Mountain. There were forty students and they were broken into two classes of twenty each. In our class of 20, there were 8 Z06s and all but one was an automatic. Both the wife and I drove autos. Each day consisted of one group in the classroom while the other group was in the cars, so the cars only got an hour rest for lunch. NO ONE OVER HEATED A LT4 ENGINE or A8 TRANSMISSION. Now, I recognize it wasn't that hot, so I asked the lead instructor about how often they overheat. He said even in 110 degree days they have never had a single LT4 or A8 have heat problems. The key, he said, was to not do engine braking. Before someone jumps in and says you can do it with the M7, they also instructed those students to not engine brake.

If you want to set A FEW fast lap times, sure you can put it in auto mode and not worry about shifting. If you want to go all day at the track then use manual mode. It still shifts faster than most people can manually and it has better gearing.
thx for that !
gives me hope. Engine braking ...hm, only difference is no fuel inside and less internal cooling without burning fuel. Since they shut down fuel injection when throttling back it could be a problem ? Older engines from the 90īs always inject some fuel at all times .
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote