Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-18-2024, 09:32 AM   #43
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Its hard to say what the 5th gen will be worth in 5 more years, and especially vs. the 6th gen. I feel that the 6th gen will still be worth some coins more than the 5th gen simply because they tend to be younger, and their features etc. It is very possible that the values will even out between the 5th and 6th generation, but I would say that may happen 20 years or more from now.

I certainly agree with you, as our 5th gens were the ones to get IMO. It seems that Chevrolet stumbled on the right combination for this camaro; Good appearance, excellent handling, exhaust, engine and horsepower, creature comforts and even upholstery. I am very demanding when it comes to a car purchase, as I expect to get my money's worth. An excellent car I will tend to hold on to as well.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:20 PM   #44
Kevin C-ZL1

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Its hard to say what the 5th gen will be worth in 5 more years, and especially vs. the 6th gen. I feel that the 6th gen will still be worth some coins more than the 5th gen simply because they tend to be younger, and their features etc. It is very possible that the values will even out between the 5th and 6th generation, but I would say that may happen 20 years or more from now.

I certainly agree with you, as our 5th gens were the ones to get IMO. It seems that Chevrolet stumbled on the right combination for this camaro; Good appearance, excellent handling, exhaust, engine and horsepower, creature comforts and even upholstery. I am very demanding when it comes to a car purchase, as I expect to get my money's worth. An excellent car I will tend to hold on to as well.
I agree 100%.
I have 2 5th Gen Camaros and I love them. Everything about them is perfect. The ZL1 LSA engine and the Z28 raw performance. I hope they do well in the future because I expect my boys will have them down the line. I have had a number of rare Corvettes and these cars are definitely in the same league.
Vaughn, I hope all is well with you and the grandchildren.
Regards,
Kevin C.
Kevin C-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 12:41 AM   #45
yodaslim

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Personally, I think the diehards like the 5th gen more, 6th gen buyers just want something new and shiny to showoff. Overtime they move on to other cars and what's left are the diehards, which is why imo our camaros will hold their value better as more time passes.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:03 AM   #46
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
personally i love my 5th gen and have no desire for a 6th gen. i do have a desire for a 2013 zl1
Old 03-20-2024, 11:23 AM   #47
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
personally i love my 5th gen and have no desire for a 6th gen. i do have a desire for a 2013 zl1
Make me a offer kind sir lol
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 11:51 AM   #48
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
Make me a offer kind sir lol
trust me i have a desire just not ready for it yet...
Old 03-20-2024, 11:56 AM   #49
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
trust me i have a desire just not ready for it yet...
I hear ya. Keep the desire strong and you’ll get there.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:05 PM   #50
Ckmerc

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZL1 View Post
Funny thing, I never considered value or resale , I just knew I would keep it forever. I drive it like I stole it , the sound, smell , the obnoxiously loud exhaust, man does it bring a smile to my face! My wife calls my drives therapy lol
Could not agree more…. You definitely don’t buy these and do the upgrades to make money. Or even break even.. but how can u put a price on..

- your teenage son or daughter asking to go for a ride in the “fast car” and watching them smile from ear to ear as you give it a little…

- have a shit day with work or whatever and know that you have a mini vacation waiting for you at home to help relieve the stress of the day

- going to a car show and people are actually asking YOU questions and wanting to see YOUR car (vs you just looking at the various show rides and thinking “one day I will get one”)

- going on a road trip with the Mrs.

- having another person in their nice ride pull up next to you at a light look over and give you a nod as you return the acknowledgement…

My mech is right… it is really all about the “smiles per mile”
Ckmerc is offline   Reply With Quote