#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #29
Zap city

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, MN6, SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrington81 View Post
You're crazy trading in a brand new GS like that.
That is a matter of perception, my man. The car is a year old with almost 11K miles on it. That's not brand new. And I bought the car so right, that I am hardly losing anything on it. Yea, if I was taking a $20K hit, I'd see what you mean.
Zap city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:33 AM   #30
Zap city

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARS1 View Post
Having a GS and ZL1 I'd say just go drive one if you haven't already and go from there. If your GS isn't Supercharged like ours than that will be the biggest difference right there. I even had the wife drive a 2SS today then a ZL1 and she went straight to the ZL1 after driving it. I just had to remind her that it's a lot different than her Yukon or anything else she's ever driven for that matter She started getting into it in a corner and I calmly just said " I wouldn't do that if I were you..." Respect the power
This is particularly meaningful feedback since you have both. Withstanding the supercharger on your GS, which car would you choose stock to stock? Bear in mind, this is my daily as well.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #31
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Every person on earth is different...different lives, different ways of thinking,...different values of each aspect of their lives. I honestly don't think anyone can tell you what is Best for you...except you. You just have to decide if you will be happier the day before you trade the GS...or the day after...and just move forward, life is short...no time to waste

...oh, or my option#3...you can have both
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #32
Zap city

^^^^^ So true and I'm not looking for anyone else to make the decision, but its still helpful and fun to hear other people's opinions on the matter. All options are good options and luxury problems!
Old 12-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #33
speedraider

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2017 ZL1
Zap, the good thing about the zl1 is that chevrolet isn't discounting these like they do on the vettes. So, the value is staying closer to the msrp. My 2016 z06 2lz started at 89,500 and I ended up at 63k just after the 17s came out from Boardwalk chevy in California. I drove it for 5 months and stuck it on craigslist and sold it for 72k.
speedraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #34
ARS1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE - Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap city View Post
This is particularly meaningful feedback since you have both. Withstanding the supercharger on your GS, which car would you choose stock to stock? Bear in mind, this is my daily as well.
Well seeing as I just bought my wife a ZL1 A10 and now having a GS, ZL1 1LE and ZL1 A10 I'd take the ZL1 A10 as a daily any day over the GS. Even in a Z06 platform the vette is less practical as a DD unless you have another vehicle such as a truck or SUV as a backup. I drove her ZL1 last night and having the power of the 1LE and the ride quality of the GS if not better makes it a no brainer for me. I'd say try to drive both and see which one fits "your" needs better than the other. I know with the GS if you're going out for anything more than a few groceries, you're making multiple trips. I like to get at least a weeks worth of groceries at once when I go to the store and that's just not an option with the GS. With the ZL1 you get the trunk, back seat and passenger seat if you're riding solo. If a Vert is your cup of tea then you get a little more trunk space with a convertible Vette but those aren't even a tiny bit on my radar...
'18 Jeep JL Rubicon - Blue - Wife's Ride
'17 F250 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ult. Shadow Black -Kelderman 6"-8" Air Lift -Big Truck
ARS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:48 PM   #35
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Do it!!!!!!!!!