Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
blackonblack17ss

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Active rev match issue

I've searched the forums and called some corvette owners that I know with the same active rev match system that we have in our cars and I haven't heard of anyone so far having this issue. When I up shift with ARM on when I push the clutch in it almost acts as the break.. it pushes me forward in my seat and stops my car from accelerating for a split second before I'm into the next gear and off the clutch. Has anyone experienced this? Any thoughts on what this could be? It only happens when accelerating faster than normal. No issues under normal driving conditions.
blackonblack17ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Maybe a worn clutch thats slipping when you push it hard? It's hard to tell from your description but this sounds like something you should take to the dealer and have them check if you're still under warranty.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack17ss View Post
I've searched the forums and called some corvette owners that I know with the same active rev match system that we have in our cars and I haven't heard of anyone so far having this issue. When I up shift with ARM on when I push the clutch in it almost acts as the break.. it pushes me forward in my seat and stops my car from accelerating for a split second before I'm into the next gear and off the clutch. Has anyone experienced this? Any thoughts on what this could be? It only happens when accelerating faster than normal. No issues under normal driving conditions.
since you say "when accelerating faster than normal" I'm thinking your traction control is backing off the engine if it is detecting wheel spin.. it is a very annoying feeling. not related to rev matching.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
or you are shifting kinda slow and the engine rpm is lower than what you need for the next gear so the force needed to bring up the engine speed via the clutch is giving you that feeling. I don't know if ARM does anything for upshifting anyway, I know it revs your motor to correct rpm when downshifting.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:45 AM   #5
Dfelux

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
I have the exact same issue under moderate to heavy acceleration, so I feel your pain. Extremely annoying and makes for a very uncomfortable ride. I've taken it to a dealership and have gotten 'could not replicate'. Frustrating, but they can't drive the vehicle very hard, so they won't feel it. I thought I made it more tolerable by cleaning the MAF and the throttle body, but in the end it still sucked. I've resorted to manual matching and rarely using ARM. It's not a prob as my 5th gen was manual, but ARM sure helps on days you're just not feeling it. I'll stay up with this thread to see if you can make more headway than I did
Dfelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #6
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
My car does the same exact thing. Only when ARM is on. When it's off it behaves like normal.
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:42 AM   #7
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfelux View Post
I have the exact same issue under moderate to heavy acceleration, so I feel your pain. Extremely annoying and makes for a very uncomfortable ride. I've taken it to a dealership and have gotten 'could not replicate'. Frustrating, but they can't drive the vehicle very hard, so they won't feel it. I thought I made it more tolerable by cleaning the MAF and the throttle body, but in the end it still sucked. I've resorted to manual matching and rarely using ARM. It's not a prob as my 5th gen was manual, but ARM sure helps on days you're just not feeling it. I'll stay up with this thread to see if you can make more headway than I did
Mine has done this since day/mile one so it's obviously a bug in the programming. Maybe that's why they used the paddles to switch it on so we can turn it on and off on the fly.
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:20 AM   #8
jeep_junkie

Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
I have noticed the exact same thing with my car too and I assumed I needed to learn to drive this car a little differently. I always have the ARM on so I'm going to see if it does this with it off too. I learned that it won't jerk during an upshift under heavy acceleration if I lift off the throttle BEFORE I push the clutch in. I mean don't even touch the clutch pedal before you've lifted off the throttle. The clutch pedal apparently has sensors/switches that can detect even an 1/8" or so of travel. I know it sounds totally counterintuitive, but it makes the shifts so much smoother. The reason is that the DBW throttle is still open for a moment after you've lifted off the accelerator pedal. Of course, this doesn't let you bang through the gears like a pro racer, but for that there's the no lift shift feature.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #9
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I'm not having this issue that I can tell with active rev match. Could you guys be resting your foot on the clutch prior to executing the shift and that's wreaking havoc on the rev match algorithm? Just a thought.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote