Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Trade in the Camaro for the GMC Sierra Black Widow
Trade for the truck! 14 9.66%
Keep the Camaro, what are you even thinking!? 131 90.34%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Trade-in poll?

Hey there. I've had my 2010 SS now for 2 years and I absolutely love it. I get nothing but compliments anywhere I go and everyone always asks me to drive it/says wish they owned it. I'm by no means unhappy, but I drove by the GMC dealership yesterday and saw this truck and just had to drive it. I have to say, I fell in love all over again. I'm generally not a truck guy, but this thing looks amazing inside and out. It is a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 with the Black Widow Southern Comfort package. I am seriously debating on trading in the Camaro for it, but I'm curious for other people's opinions. I got just as many looks test driving this truck as I do driving my Camaro. Really there's only two things holding me back:

1.) It's not a diesel. It's a 5.3L V8, but can come in a 6.2L V8(rare, so says the dealership).

2.) It's a $60,000 truck... which would make my monthly payment go up almost $300. I can afford it, but is it really worth it in the end? I mean for just a bit more I can buy a C7.

What are your opinions on this? I'd appreciate no "It's your money/life, do what you want" comments. I realize this, but I'm curious to see what other people would do if they had the option to do so. I don't need a truck for anything specific, as in, I don't tow anything nor do I care to take it off roading. It's simply just that it's a beautiful truck and caught my eye.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I would only do it if I had a travel trailer/5th wheel or if it were put to good use. I would not if it was for normal day to day city driving. That's just me.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
damn, that is a nice looking truck. tough call. I think the price is a bit high for me to pull the trigger, and I would be MUCH happier with even the base model c7.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Way too high for that truck and if you are just a city driver stick with your SS. If you want to upgrade that bad look at a used ZL1 or a Stingray. Maybe even wait on the 6th Gen.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Do you need a truck? Road noise, fuel economy, sheer size when parking, etc......if you're in need of a truck it's a great looking truck, but there's not a brotherhood of GMC Sierra owners like the Camaro community......it boils down to what you need vs. what you want.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
djpelosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Do you need a truck? Road noise, fuel economy, sheer size when parking, etc......if you're in need of a truck it's a great looking truck, but there's not a brotherhood of GMC Sierra owners like the Camaro community......it boils down to what you need vs. what you want.
The road noise in this truck is less than that of my Camaro. And it drives a ton better. I feel hardly any bumps, and it's actually nice to sit up high for once instead of on the ground. I don't need a truck by ANY means. Like I said, I have nothing I need to tow, nor do I want to take it off roading. Fuel economy I'm not too worried about as it's not much less than what I get in the Camaro. I just REALLY wish this truck was a diesel :/.
Build Thread
Old 07-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
The road noise in this truck is less than that of my Camaro. And it drives a ton better. I feel hardly any bumps, and it's actually nice to sit up high for once instead of on the ground. I don't need a truck by ANY means. Like I said, I have nothing I need to tow, nor do I want to take it off roading. Fuel economy I'm not too worried about as it's not much less than what I get in the Camaro. I just REALLY wish this truck was a diesel :/.
then that's a lot of money for something you're not completely happy with. what does that black widow package include? would it just be cheaper to buy a diesel and just add the cosmetics?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #8
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
You need a third option....get a C7. 60K for that truck is insane. To me anyway. I love my Tahoe when I need it, otherwise I never drive it. For day to day driving it sucks. But some people think driving a sporty car every day sucks. My point...only you can really decide if its the right move.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
No offense but the 'ride' comment tells me you're not a performance car guy, so get the truck
Old 07-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #10
djpelosi

The problem is I don't like any other diesel trucks out there. None look as good as this one does.

The Black Widow package is an $12,300 upgrade package including:

Monotone Paint
6" Lift Kit Suspension
20" Black Wheels
Painted Interior Trim to Match Exterior
35X12.5 Mickey Thompson Tires
Black 4" Bull Bar
Red Faced Gauges
Custom Stitched Black Widow Logo
Headrest Covers
Black Widow Exterior Logos and Badging
Exclusive Hood Scoop with Mesh Vents
Black 4" Nerf Bars
Custom Fender Flares
Dual Exhaust (Black Tips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
No offense but the 'ride' comment tells me you're not a performance car guy, so get the truck
I'm definitely a performance car guy.... I've owned nothing but performance (3 Camaros, and a Trans Am). My ride comment was specifically responding to the previous comment made by EMB135Driver about road noise, and I just chimed in on how much better the truck drove. I'm not complaining about how my Camaro drives because if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have it.
Build Thread
Old 07-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #11
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
yes, do it. Never know when you'll need the 4x4. But I'd go w/ the red one.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #12
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Find out if a rear/trans case axle ratio change was part of the lifted package. If not that 5.3 with 3:42 rear driving those tires will be a dog. I'm glad I bought my 2012 6.2 L9H w/3:73 14 bolt rear end more and more as I see what the newer ones are going for. For $60,000 though , I'd want a set of AMP power steps on that pig.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #13
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I don't see the link between the noise issue and the ride issue, you say "And it rides a ton better". Your preference is the truck ride. Nothing to be ashamed of. You definitely like the truck more so get it.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #14
Tpimike

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS RRM Convertible
If you get the truck get ready to do a bunch of favors for friends.
Tpimike is offline   Reply With Quote