Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-29-2015, 11:47 PM   #29
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsCamaro1 View Post
Not sure what you mean by saftey regulations those cars were made of steel not plastic like the cars we have now. I could see the airbag maybe being a bit tricky but im sure they can figure it out. It would be just a replica with all modern upgrds.
Personally I don't think this would ever happen. Probably a rumor. Darned interwebs.
CAE intake, Borla Type S exhaust, TSP LT headers, stage 2 CMS cam tuned by Ryne, MGW short shifter, Carbon fiber Anvil trunk spoiler, Havoc rear diffuser with carbon fiber insert, GM GFX side skirts, ACS T4 front lip spoiler, 20" MRR 228 Gloss Black Wheels wrapped in Nitto INVO rubber, carbon fiber radio fin, Wilpak black rear window louvers.
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:14 AM   #30
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
this is what I wanted for the 6th Gen ....
Very nice looking mock up. I could see me with one of those.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:20 AM   #31
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Quote:
I was never a big fan of the 2nd gen of Camaro's, but this rendering is sweet.

The 6th gen that Chevy reviled is very nice.
The only thing I don't like about the 6th gen is the rear bumper cover, just doesn't seem to fit the style.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:35 AM   #32
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Normally I give you guys the benefit of the doubt when it comes to styling but honestly, that Gen 2 style rendering is absolutely embarrassing. I sincerely hope that deep down inside, you guys are just trolling and don't actually find that rendition to be attractive.

But knowing my luck, most of you actually do. Thank goodness GM has more sense than that.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:39 AM   #33
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
It's just a guess, but they probably didn't want to change the Gen 6 exterior too much based on how nice the Gen 5's look. Gen 6 is a little more refined, whether you like it or not. The bigger changes were modernizing the interior, which it needed, and doing some mechanical improvements.

I don't think they will ever have a radical change in the body style. Camaro has always had certain aesthetic qualities to make it what it is.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #34
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
just remember this-the 6 gen. will be tweeked in the next few years,a little here a little there GM listens to customers and works out bugs.I'll be waiting and watching!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #35
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
I have heard rumors that FORD, GM, and DODGE are trying to pass a bill to replicate 1960 1970 and 1980 muscle cars exactly like they were made back then. This will definitely be super cool but it will drive the prices down on original cars made back in those years. So im hoping they do that and keep the LS power under the hood ill take a black 69 SS pls.
What you heard is just a rumor, but every one of those cars is a piece of shit. back in the day that was as good as reliability got. Everyone forgets how unreliable those cars were. They choose to remember good time nostalgia only.

People will flame me for that. To them I say: bookmark the webpage for setting valve lash, bro. You'll need it.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #36
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by saftey regulations those cars were made of steel not plastic like the cars we have now. I could see the airbag maybe being a bit tricky but im sure they can figure it out. It would be just a replica with all modern upgrds.
Perhaps? It would be pretty cool.
As far as the old cars being made of steel.... A few years ago Chevy did a crash test with a 1959 impala vs a new Impala . When I first heard they were going to do this, I laughed thinking the old steel beast would kill the new car.
The test showed, the '59 was a death trap, and the new Impala faired amazingly wel with it's crumple zones etc.
I would love to see some of the old cars come back, but I think we have come as close as they are going to get, with the retro styling of the Camaro, Challenger and Mustang.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:41 AM   #37
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
What you heard is just a rumor, but every one of those cars is a piece of shit. back in the day that was as good as reliability got.
Of course, compared to today's cars. Those were the days of rotary dial phones and 8 track tape players too.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #38
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
This is what I was waiting for.
I've pondered a 6th gen here lately, but if that had been it I would be keeping my 5th gen for sure.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:39 AM   #39
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
What you heard is just a rumor, but every one of those cars is a piece of shit. back in the day that was as good as reliability got. Everyone forgets how unreliable those cars were. They choose to remember good time nostalgia only.

People will flame me for that. To them I say: bookmark the webpage for setting valve lash, bro. You'll need it.
Nostalgia is remembering the good, but not the bad. Back in the day, those cars were the newest and best... but we had nothing to compare them to.

The classic muscle cars, when compared to today's cars, were of inferior quality, didn't produce power like today's cars, had poor safety features, and did not have the modern materials and technology we have. Don't get me wrong: I do love me a Chevelle, Camaro, or Mopar from the 60s and early 70s... but, if I were to choose ONE car that had to be my only car for the rest of my life, I'd take a modern car any day. No contest.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #40
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I'm going on the record saying that I actually like the evolutionary course GM is taking with the Camaro. I had a 2012 because as the OP-er said, it melded the best of the old and new. I now have a 2015 and I like all the subtle tweaks except maybe the taillights. Seemed a bit like spare parts were stuck on.

I'm going to have to see Gen6 in person before I pass judgment. As for that "SS70" thing above, not only no, but hell no! TOO much old with the new. IMO, of course...
Old 08-30-2015, 10:06 AM   #41
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:

Looks like a Gen5 and a Vega mated and this was the result . Ugly
Old 08-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #42
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
When I was in Bowling Green for Camaro Fest, I stood and chatted with Al and John from GM (program manager and asst manager) about the 6th gen. I was also at the gen 6 reveal and listened to the presentation about the car. John asked me what I thought of what they came up with for the gen 6. I kinda hesitated and he sensed I was not excited about it. I told him that I like the car only because it looks a lot like the Gen 5 and of course I love the gen 5. But... Told him I was really hoping for something revolutionary. When the design team started on the gen 6, they mauled over going back to the gen 2 our 3 (they have seen some of these renderings that are out there) but with the huge success of the 5th Gen, they wanted to build on that success and momentum. I know I would not trade my 1LE for a sixth gen and I don't think GM is trying to appeal to current owners or get them to trade thier cars in. They are trying to expand the demographic of Camaro owners and grow the market share with new Camaro owners. It is good marketing...like it or not. I do think the gen 6 will be a relatively short lived generation...maybe 4-5 years. I think we will see a gen 7 in 2020 that will be something completely revolutionary.
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote