Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2015, 06:01 PM   #99
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
I don't know how it is in other states, but here in Texas you could 'legally' fire upon the aggressor if and only it was your last resort to neutralize the situation. That being said...good luck getting away with shooting an unarmed person in court. I've seen worse get through the judicial system though haha
We have a stand your ground law. You can shoot someone who attacks you.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:50 PM   #100
Don57
Drives a beast!

Drives: Yellow 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
So it's powered by USB? Does the cable ever bother you?
Yes, the Mobius is powered by a USB cable.

No, I've never had the cable bother me. You just stop noticing it after a while.

Don57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #101
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
I am curious if law enforcement or insurance wanted to see the vid or if it was noted video was captured in the report?

Black cars with all the street lights and reflections make it difficult to spot too. I understand the truck drivers frustratration, but a little more restraint could have been used imo. Glad ur ok.
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #102
MjM804

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
ROFL!

Lmao!! Where'd that turboguy327 go? For the tread to go where it has, I don't know, but that turboguy, omg! I can't stop laughing!
MjM804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:39 PM   #103
Don57
Drives a beast!

Drives: Yellow 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
I am curious if law enforcement or insurance wanted to see the vid or if it was noted video was captured in the report?
Law enforcement didn't need to get involved because no one was injured (that's how it works where I live -- we have socialized insurance, and everything works pretty smoothly).

I didn't bother telling the insurance company that I had video because I already claimed to be at fault. If I had provided the insurance company with the video, then, at worst, they could have decided to penalize the other guy for not caring if I was all right, but I didn't want to do that because I could totally understand his adrenaline-fueled mindset.

Don57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #104
AmericanMuscle33

Drives: 2010 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don57 View Post
Law enforcement didn't need to get involved because no one was injured (that's how it works where I live -- we have socialized insurance, and everything works pretty smoothly).

I didn't bother telling the insurance company that I had video because I already claimed to be at fault. If I had provided the insurance company with the video, then, at worst, they could have decided to penalize the other guy for not caring if I was all right, but I didn't want to do that because I could totally understand his adrenaline-fueled mindset.
How'd he act afterwards? I understand the heat of the moment reply, but I hope he settled down after.

There's a light close to where I live that is nearly identical to the one in your video. If there's someone in the opposing turn lane, it is impossible to see traffic coming. It doesn't help that the oncoming traffic is coming slightly down hill as well. People turn on yellows all the time and get t boned by cars that are going through as well. More accidents there than anywhere else in town. I refuse to go unless the turn light is green if someone is in the opposing turn lane.

And to the guy saying he would get physical over an accident, whether a woman or not! What a joke. Reminds me of a guy that followed me into a kroger parking lot because "it was his turn at the stop sign", even though i was clearly there first. Real tough guy until I got out as well. Lot's of people these days like to say what "they would do" until met with someone that's not going to back down. Unless the other driver threatens me, getting physical doesn't even cross my mind. And I will admit I'm a pretty hot headed guy. The video shows it was an accident. Yeah, the OP should've stayed put, but it's not like he saw the guy and said to himself "you know what, today would be a great day to get t-boned". Come on.
AmericanMuscle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:50 PM   #105
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Glad you are ok man. I too love rockin to the 80's lol, the guy was a total tool btw. Congrads on the new purchase!

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the 80's music comment! I'm glad you made out the accident not seriously injured. Safe riding in your SS, but DO pay attention to your traffic awareness much more!

Last edited by DP Valentino; 01-07-2015 at 12:06 AM.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #106
NK

Drives: 2013 2SS Red Jewel
I know what its like too, got tboned then hit a car head on when I lost control. Wasn't my fault but was a complete headache to deal with. Car took 2 months to repair with 14k in damage. This was in July 2013. Just traded in my baby last friday. Never would have if it wasnt for that accident but I ultimately had no other choice.
NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:42 AM   #107
B73

Drives: 2013 2ss rs 1le in Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
LOL at all the hate towards the truck driver guy.

If this had been a video of a Prius not paying attention and pulling out in front of a Camaro, this thread would probably be full of people proclaiming what choice words they would have for the Prius driver.
ya but that's different lol
B73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accident