Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #57
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I wish I would have know the front splitter is too low to straddle a skunk. That would have came in handle last Saturday
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #58
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
I wish I would have know the front splitter is too low to straddle a skunk. That would have came in handle last Saturday

It would probably handy today, next week and maybe for a month, too.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #59
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post

It would probably handy today, next week and maybe for a month, too.
Don't worry, My wife, myself and My nose will NEVER forget again!
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #60
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
I wish I would have bought a manual :/

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #61
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I didn't know I'd need to replace my stock Pirellis after only 14000 miles lol. Love the car though...

Cam
I just turned over 16K on mine and the P-Zeros look great! Having fun, are ya?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #62
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
No regrets, would buy the car again in a heartbeat. I typically research big (and some small) purchases ad nauseam... and this one was even more extensive because we spent years waiting for the 5th gen to finally make it to production, another year waiting for the convertible, then just before we'd planned to order it, financial and health issues delayed the purchase 3 years... so by the time we actually bought it, I think we knew the car better than the engineers that designed it.

Part of me still kinda wishes we'd gotten it brand new but we managed to find the exact car we'd planned to order, down to the smallest detail with low mileage and only the slightest cosmetic blemishes here and there, so all in all we're darn happy with the car, she's a member of the family for many years to come.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #63
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
No regrets, would buy the car again in a heartbeat. I typically research big (and some small) purchases ad nauseam... and this one was even more extensive because we spent years waiting for the 5th gen to finally make it to production, another year waiting for the convertible, then just before we'd planned to order it, financial and health issues delayed the purchase 3 years... so by the time we actually bought it, I think we knew the car better than the engineers that designed it.

Part of me still kinda wishes we'd gotten it brand new but we managed to find the exact car we'd planned to order, down to the smallest detail with low mileage and only the slightest cosmetic blemishes here and there, so all in all we're darn happy with the car, she's a member of the family for many years to come.
Yeah, that is pretty much what I am doing now - research.

So many car forums, so little time
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #64
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I ordered my car to be my daily driver and I absolutely love it! I run a used car lot and can drive any vehicle that we have, but they all bore me!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #65
sstephen17

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS BRM
No regrets. I might be in the minority here but I love my 2LT and have no yearnings to trade it for an SS. The V6 is a lot faster than any car I've owned and I'm not into racing or anything like that. I'm getting about 23 MPG during my weekly commute of roughly 50% city/50% highway. Love all the options that come with the 2LT package; it makes driving a real pleasure, especially the HUD.
sstephen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #66
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
I wish i had known about the financial crisis of 2007-2008…..smdh.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #67
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Second owner, bought mine from ym parents so they could restore their 68 Camaro.
Had I ordered it new though, V8, 6 speed manual, OEM GFX and sunroof would have been on the order sheet.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #68
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstephen17 View Post
No regrets. I might be in the minority here but I love my 2LT and have no yearnings to trade it for an SS. The V6 is a lot faster than any car I've owned and I'm not into racing or anything like that. I'm getting about 23 MPG during my weekly commute of roughly 50% city/50% highway. Love all the options that come with the 2LT package; it makes driving a real pleasure, especially the HUD.
I too am part of that minority, I just love the V6! Thats why I bought another, ya i could have easily aforded the SS 'vert, but after owning a V6 hard top for two years, I am more than pleased with the V6 performance, and have no desire for more power (let alone shelling out another $10k for just two more cylinders). I have been able to squeeze 32+ MPGs out of that hardtop.
Buying the V8 didn't even cross my mind when i was considering my trading up to my 'vert.
I have driven several V8s and was impressed, but not enough to justify the added costs of owning one. Ya i respect those who have a V8, but i dont see the need or want to have one. My car is in "toy" status, and I am more than satisfied and happy with it. Many folks in here give into the peer pressure and trade up for an SS, but I dont even feel the peer pressure, im not racing anyone and am never in any hurry,(if someone rolls up to me and says "my car can stomp your car in a race", i say "go for it", what I'm Sayin is "Woopty Doo! So your faster than me! Heck I'm driving a V6.....you had better be faster, but if I beat you in a race, just think how embarrased you would feel") in fact with the 'Vert all I wanna do is cruise it around at a decent speed, and when I wanna play, i just throw the auto shifter down into "sport" mode and put the paddle shifters to work.........and believe me.......i sure know how to use those to my advantage here in Vegas!
As to the OPs original question? I didn' t know i would love this car so much, and i should hav e gotten the 'vert in the first place...

I got a nice car in the first place with my hard top, however it gave me time and experience to figure out just what it is that i wanted in a Camaro. I then put the word out and waited very patiently until i got just exactly what I wanted........a fully loaded out summit white vert with dual mode exhaust and every bell and whistle that comes on these cars, $0down, 0% financing, and same payment as before!.....i got the deal I wanted...

Last edited by 007s 'Vert; 09-23-2014 at 10:42 PM.
007s 'Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #69
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
I too am part of that minority, I just love the V6! Thats why I bought another, ya i could have easily aforded the SS 'vert, but after owning a V6 hard top for two years, I am more than pleased with the V6 performance. I have been able to squeeze 32+ MPGs out of that hardtop.
Buying the V8 didn't even cross my mind when i was considering my trading up to my 'vert.
I have driven several V8s and was impressed, but not enough to justify the added costs of owning one. Ya i respect those who have a V8, but i dont see the need or want to have one. My car is in "toy" status, and I am more than satisfied and happy with it. Many folks in here give into the peer pressure and trade up for an SS, but I dont even feel the peer pressure, im not racing anyone and am never in any hurry, in fact with the 'Vert all I wanna do is cruise it around at a decent speed, and when I wanna play, i just throw the auto shifter down into "sport" mode and put the paddle shifters to work.........and believe me.......i sure know how to use those to my advantage here in Vegas!
As to the OPs original question? I didn' t know i would love this car so much, and i should hav e gotten the 'vert in the first place...
Not having money to buy the new vette.
Ocmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #70
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
I wish I would have known she was a tramp!
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote