Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-28-2014, 02:44 AM   #15
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Yup, clay bar would work to get this off. If you search on YouTube there are plenty of videos by experts who show you how to do it. Good luck.
CAE intake, Borla Type S exhaust, TSP LT headers, stage 2 CMS cam tuned by Ryne, MGW short shifter, Carbon fiber Anvil trunk spoiler, Havoc rear diffuser with carbon fiber insert, GM GFX side skirts, ACS T4 front lip spoiler, 20" MRR 228 Gloss Black Wheels wrapped in Nitto INVO rubber, carbon fiber radio fin, Wilpak black rear window louvers.
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:54 AM   #16
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Go to Walmart and get this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-...y-Kit/16386193 It comes with everything you need
Old 07-28-2014, 06:50 AM   #17
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Go to a body shop supply store and buy some body prep cleaner. It will soften up the paint droplets a bit before you clay it.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #18
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
If it doesn't come off easily on the glass then use a razor blade. Home Depot sells a nice handle so you don't cut yourself. Just be very careful around the rubber edges so you don't cut it.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #19
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
The company doing the spraying or the property owner probably has liability insurance. It may be to late because you have
let 2 weeks pass. If it was my car I would have gone right to the owner of the property and gotten my car professionally repaired.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #20
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Razor blade on the glass, it'll come off easily.

Regarding the paint, it will depend on lots of different factors, including what type of paint, how well it has adhered to yours, etc. I have gotten overspray easily and entirely removed with a simple application of Turtle Wax. Mine was pretty bad--- white spray paint (from a can) that covered my wife's purple Grand Am. The Turtle Wax took it right off, though.

I would suggest trying the wax on one small section... whether you use Turtle Wax, or Meguair's, or the clay bar, a small test area will tell you if you can do this yourself, or if it needs a professional's tools and techniques.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #21
herrychokshi

Drives: Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I have to agree with the guys previously, clay is the way to go to remove over spray

A brief overview of the process can be found here

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307114
Thank You... CamaroDreams5 ... It works I went down to a professional car care shop .. They told me $150 to $250 (depends on how many hours they have to work on it ! ) he tested it , it went off preety easily.., I also tried Meguiars Smooth surface clay kit but it created swirles on the body... The guy told me he would do a three step thing and wax the car for the price quoted ! It's all over my car around a million on front windshield ! I bought my car 12 days back brand new ! What do you advice is worth the risk ! Doing it myself or giving it out to someone ! Thank you so much for you support !
herrychokshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #22
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Do it yourself. He's ripping you off.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #23
txthunder

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS White with Beige Top
Just had the same problem a month ago. Copper paint on my white Camaro.
Lucky for me I was getting Opti-Coat put on, my detail person noticed it and cleaned it up with a clay bar (including on the glass). Only charged me $100. Considering the time it would take me I felt that was fair.
txthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #24
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I could have made a killing in the detail business if I hadn't had these pesky morals. You guys are willing to pay anything.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #25
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Back in the 80's I would wax people's cars for $40 or $50 so I guess $100 would seem fair today. I don't think we had clay back then at least I didn't know about it. But claying is easy. Tons of videos on it and I never had a problem with swirls.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #26
herrychokshi

Quote:
Do it yourself. He's ripping you off.
Thank You... anyway I want to get it off ... I hope I was somewhere near you !
Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #27
herrychokshi

[QUOTE=Drumminxx;7851268]Back in the 80's I would wax people's cars for $40 or $50 so I guess $100 would seem fair today. I don't think we had clay back then at least I didn't know about it. But claying is easy. Tons of videos on it and I never had a problem with swirls

. If you would see the paint it's nasty like billion spots on my car...
Attached Images

Last edited by herrychokshi; 07-28-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #28
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
gasoline
Please leave the detailing section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Razor blade on the glass, it'll come off easily.

Regarding the paint, it will depend on lots of different factors, including what type of paint, how well it has adhered to yours, etc. I have gotten overspray easily and entirely removed with a simple application of Turtle Wax. Mine was pretty bad--- white spray paint (from a can) that covered my wife's purple Grand Am. The Turtle Wax took it right off, though.

I would suggest trying the wax on one small section... whether you use Turtle Wax, or Meguair's, or the clay bar, a small test area will tell you if you can do this yourself, or if it needs a professional's tools and techniques.
Never should wax be used to remove something from your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrychokshi View Post
Thank You... CamaroDreams5 ... It works I went down to a professional car care shop .. They told me $150 to $250 (depends on how many hours they have to work on it ! ) he tested it , it went off preety easily.., I also tried Meguiars Smooth surface clay kit but it created swirles on the body... The guy told me he would do a three step thing and wax the car for the price quoted ! It's all over my car around a million on front windshield ! I bought my car 12 days back brand new ! What do you advice is worth the risk ! Doing it myself or giving it out to someone ! Thank you so much for you support !
If you created swirls on the paint you are claying incorrectly. You should wash the car thoroughly before claying.

Quote:
I could have made a killing in the detail business if I hadn't had these pesky morals. You guys are willing to pay anything.

OP: Looks like you have vinyl stripes, you can't clay vinyl.

Tags
wrong subforum