Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #29
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
Do these sidemarkers have reflectors in them? IOW, if the car and lights are turned off, can someone see the lights reflecting back? Does DOT require sidemarkers to have reflectors?
The Showstopper parts have reflectors. Obviously, all but the top strip is painted, covering most of it.

The AAC markers that I have seen do not have reflectors.

NHTSA/DOT does specify amber and red reflectors on each side of the vehicle.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #30
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Go with the aac imo. I have parts from both aac and showstopper. As for price. Well not everyone can make their own so you pay someone else to make them for you. Don't like price don't buy. Tons of people balk at the cost of my engine covers but, the same people also say holy shit those are badass.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I got the Showstopper sidemarker lights only because I know he is meticulous about his paint work. I had heard that the AAC lights sometimes have blemishes in the paint. I mean no offense. I have purchased several lights from AAC and love them, but I have had Showstopper paint several pieces for my car and their paint work is excellent.

You might still be able to get in on the Showstopper group buy for the sidemarkers. Send them a pm.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #32
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
I just recently purchased the AAC side markers and i cant wait to finally see my car be blacked out on the sides.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #33
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I got the Showstopper sidemarker lights only because I know he is meticulous about his paint work. I had heard that the AAC lights sometimes have blemishes in the paint. I mean no offense. I have purchased several lights from AAC and love them, but I have had Showstopper paint several pieces for my car and their paint work is excellent.

You might still be able to get in on the Showstopper group buy for the sidemarkers. Send them a pm.
Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying them. FYI for everyone, we will be starting a new side marker group buy on Monday so watch for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
finally got my showstopper side markers today. got the cgm with smoked led's. worth every penny. they look awesome and barely even noticeable til they're on. installed in 15 mins.
Thank you. Your color combo looked awesome. Post up some installed pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
Do these sidemarkers have reflectors in them? IOW, if the car and lights are turned off, can someone see the lights reflecting back? Does DOT require sidemarkers to have reflectors?
Like Tony had said, ours do have reflectors. They reflect less light that stock though because less of the lens is visible but they are reflective.

Just 1 quick note on pricing, the reason we do not offer a cheaper option is because we don't send out our lights unfinished. Our side markers are sent out painted to match any color. The LED's used are also the same LED's we use in our mirrors so they match perfectly.

EDIT: 500th post
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #34
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
I like the Showstopper side markers better, the paint quality and match is the best i have seen, also like that the strip of LED's are at the top of the marker and looks better following the bumper seam, also the LED's showstopper use are top notch, the LED's on my side mirrors still all working and still bright as the first day I put them on and I had them for about 11/2 years and my car is a daily driver.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #35
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Showstopper custom painted side marker lights. Simply awesome. I've never seen the AAC ones. I do have AAC halo's though.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #36
CoreyJay1977
Never Forget!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (x2)
Well was on the fence until reading this entire thread and just placed my order with AAC. Pics to come after install.
CoreyJay1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #37
Atlas
Would you kindly...

Drives: Destitute
It's pretty much the consensus that either is better than the stock markers I opted for the AAC sidemarkers. They look Great! I'm really picky when it comes to color matching, especially with Silver. This was the reason my previous cars were all 202 black. I was really skeptical when I saw color matched sidemarkers, seeing as the paint GM was using for these cars wasn't all that great to begin with. Though they look slick on CGM, Black, Summit White, and even IOM, I rarely ever saw any SIM with AAC concept markers. When I finally decided to pull the trigger I contacted Jonathan@AAC to place my order. Me being a college student, every penny saved goes toward food Jonathan and Justin were able to help me get exactly what I wanted at the price that I could afford.

When I received my set I was quick to install them. Needless to say I was thoroughly impressed! At night, these lights are bright, the rear ones glow even brighter than my tail lamp! At the college I attend, I've seen more and more students and staff with brand new Camaro's. Not necessarily a bad thing, but for sure I'll be the only one with these trick sidemarkers Honda boys are even impressed by them, and they love light mods more than a fat kid loves cake! Bottom line, they were well worth the money.

Before

After

The details

Old 03-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #38
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I have had my AAC LED side markers/turn signals since December and they are great. I also modified my AAC side markers/turn signals to have the OEM side marker covers.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #39
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Both are high quality products. I went with Showstoppers because I like how the LEDs are mounted to follow the body line.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:30 AM   #40
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
I went with the showstopper sidemarkers because the LEDs are on top of the sidemarker cutoff and it blends in well with the car's lines.

Unfortunately I haven't installed mine yet, it's been sitting in my room for months now. SO excited for this summer ^^

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #41
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
Both are high quality products. I went with Showstoppers because I like how the LEDs are mounted to follow the body line.
yeah, here is the perfect comparation pictures, you guys make your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The details

sorry for my crappy cell pics

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #42
Moni
H-Town Camaro Club VP

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Looks good!