Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #211
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee SS View Post

im going to do my little dance before i get bashed on
LMFAO
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 AM   #212
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Yup, it's settled. I'm all on this. I was just waiting for someone else to attempt it. Outstanding mod BubbleBee. Free demon eyes!
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 AM   #213
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
can someone just make a "do it yourself" clip on how to do this, including how to wire the switch and what kind of switch. There are some smart people out there right? Help out the HOMIES
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:51 AM   #214
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
Maybe AAC could do one of their fancy videos! Your included to Bumblebee!
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #215
The Beard

Drives: 2013 2SS HWSE M6
Its a bit of a read but you get the idea...

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/scienc...lec_p038.shtml
Old 02-24-2011, 03:32 AM   #216
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
Red halo... white halo I dont really care... i want to know why this is coming from the factory like this and what purpose does it serve. it seems intentional on GMs part and would they really do it just to be sneaky and hide a lil trick!? haha my head hurts
!
if you want to see GM being sneaky and hidding cool lil tricks, go read the thread from the guy hacking the BCM it will blow your mind on how many cool thing GM leaves out on some of their cars.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #217
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX

now that is BadA$$

someone make a switch!!!
i'd easily pay $50 for a nice panel mount switch with wiring harnesses and an instruction sheet. AAC?

Thanks BackinBlack, Bumblebee, and AAC!
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #218
mdelk

Drives: cgm 2ss/rs 2011
like i said guys do this at your own risk and you cant be mad at anyone if it doesnt work for you! my driver side worked fine but my pass side didnt. i dont think gm is hiding anything when your halos are on both the red and the whit leds are on... the red is only dimmer because it is just tinting the white. now that i have changed mine back to white i have 2 diff color halos because my pass side red burn out. i promise you nobody is going to make a switch or a video of how to do it. the first time it doesnt work for someone the person that made the video or switch kit will be black balled! AGAIN DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! ITS A 50 50 SHOT!!!
mdelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #219
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdelk View Post
like i said guys do this at your own risk and you cant be mad at anyone if it doesnt work for you! my driver side worked fine but my pass side didnt. i dont think gm is hiding anything when your halos are on both the red and the whit leds are on... the red is only dimmer because it is just tinting the white. now that i have changed mine back to white i have 2 diff color halos because my pass side red burn out. i promise you nobody is going to make a switch or a video of how to do it. the first time it doesnt work for someone the person that made the video or switch kit will be black balled! AGAIN DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! ITS A 50 50 SHOT!!!
Guys!!!! read what this guy is writing don't just look at the damn pics, he already made 3 post and everybody still Quoting his pics and saying somebody make a switch fast, you might end up with 2 different color halos, again please people read the thread don't just look at the pics

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #220
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
Guys!!!! read what this guy is writing don't just look at the damn pics, he already made 3 post and everybody still Quoting his pics and saying somebody make a switch fast, you might end up with 2 different color halos, again please people read the thread don't just look at the pics
No offense, but I think everyone get's that. For me personally I will not do anything unless i know it works and it is a easy hookup with a pre-made aftermarket kit. I'm not tearing into my car and taking stuff apart.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #221
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
No offense, but I think everyone get's that. For me personally I will not do anything unless i know it works and it is a easy hookup. I'm not tearing into my car and taking stuff apart.
I don't think some are getting it, so thanks to svtjackle for making sure people know what they're getting into before they ruin they're lights. They are seeing mdelk's cool one side pic and just reading the last couple posts and not the entire thread. (by the way, thank's to mdelk, sorry about the damage) This still has much potential, but we're not there yet that's for sure.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #222
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdelk View Post
Either you got alot of money to waste or just plain stupid to voluntary to burn out a perfectly good halo..just my observation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #223
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by first one View Post
I don't think some are getting it, so thanks to svtjackle for making sure people know what they're getting into before they ruin they're lights. They are seeing mdelk's cool one side pic and just reading the last couple posts and not the entire thread. (by the way, thank's to mdelk, sorry about the damage) This still has much potential, but we're not there yet that's for sure.
I get that, but still it seems rather clear that this is a do at your own risk
mod and if it doesn't work have no one but themselves to blame.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #224
mdelk

Drives: cgm 2ss/rs 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Either you got alot of money to waste or just plain stupid to voluntary to burn out a perfectly good halo..just my observation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
nope dont have a lot of money to waste (but some). they way i looked at it is i was going to buy the aac dual color halo kit anyway. so what loss am i at? i tried something that many others were to scared to try. big deal i burnt out a halo there getting replaced anyway and if i saved someone that didnt have the cash to burn on the aac kit then i helped someone... if that makes me stupid then so be it!
mdelk is offline   Reply With Quote