Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #43
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
I like the show...

...and the car!
Me too.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #44
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
The show is campy. I mean, they do a month's worth of police work in 12 hours and wrap it up nicely lol. I do enjoy it for mindless entertainment. Nice visuals and the Camaro doesn't hurt. Does anyone remember that Dano drove a Mustang in the first episode? Must have been before the GM contract.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Just to follow up on the Mustang 5.0, I liked this quote from Edmunds Inside Line.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...to-camaro.html

"Now, keen viewers of the show will also note that hottie cast member Grace Park drove a red Chevy Cruze and that the end credits read "Sponsored in part by GENERAL MOTORS," meaning that the show and GM struck a deal to have the company's vehicles featured on the show. $$$ trumps cleverness every day. I'd say GM was getting back at Ford for putting a Mustang on Knight Rider, but let's face it, GM dodged a bullet there."
So true....

But......they did have the misfortune to feature the SS in "My Own Worst Enemy"...Talk about a bad show.....
Old 01-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #46
Hotrod6464

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS LS3 M6
I like Hawaii Five-O
Hotrod6464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #47
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
I wonder why they didn't showcase the 2SS instead of the 2LT/RS.
Because, they, like me, have good taste in cars.
(haha, could not resist)

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:31 AM   #48
tonyfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexw View Post
It always bothers me that when they are driving and talking in the car (happens a lot) the door lock pegs are up. When by default, the car locks the door / shuts the pegs when it begins to move.

I guess Hawaii 5-0 standard procedure is to drive fast in car chases with the doors unlocked, so they went in and manually turned the auto-lock off.

Like the show, and the car in the show, BTW.
Some newer cars actually have sensors that unlock the doors during a crash. I assume it is to help rescuers if the driver is out cold and needs to be extracted quickly.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #49
tonyfred

I liked this week....the bad guy being chased drove a Mustang.
Camaro = Good
Mustang = Bad

Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #50
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn200 View Post
Law and Order:SVU
The Closer
Burn Notice
CSI (original)
White Collar
Spartacus:Blood and Sand
Sons Of Anarchy
Chase
NCIS (Gibbs-Ziva)
I watch several of those as well. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. With the exception of Spartacus (and NCIS, to some degree), those are all crime dramas. If you tuned in to Hawaii Five-0 to get a serious crime drama show, then your expectations started off too high. While Five-0 has some serious elements from time to time, it's not meant in any way to be a super-realistic crime drama of the same degree as those other shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
I see the at the end of the last sentence, but I believe you feel the need to defend your favorite show as if you were defending your own intelligence. All I expect is a little realism that doesn't insult mine.

For example, in the episode last night, there is a scene towards the end where a SWAT team holds their fire when an armed kidnapper is an easy kill with a clear backgound. That guy should've been a stain on the wall. They take the handcuffs off this guy so he can talk to his daughter! Doesn't anyone watch the news? COPs? Anything real?
See above. I wouldn't say Five-0 is my "favorite" show, but I just don't see why some people are so intent on bashing a show that is an enjoyable remake of the classic. If you're looking for an emmy/golden globe-caliber script, then you're setting your bar just a wee bit too high, don't ya think?

As far as realism versus story-telling, well, you could pick apart any quality show with the same fine-tooth comb and come up with the same results. But whether you like the show we're talking about or not dictates how willing you are to overlook those inaccuracies from time to time.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #51
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I like the show and it is fun to see the Camaro so often. It certainly is better than many of the shows out nowadays. (I prefer the NCIS shows but, sadly, they dont drive Camaros)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #52
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexw View Post
It always bothers me that when they are driving and talking in the car (happens a lot) the door lock pegs are up. When by default, the car locks the door / shuts the pegs when it begins to move.

I guess Hawaii 5-0 standard procedure is to drive fast in car chases with the doors unlocked, so they went in and manually turned the auto-lock off.

Like the show, and the car in the show, BTW.
You can override the door locks, just unlock them as you are driving.
IT is a SHOW, it is to entertain you. No need to dissect every part of it.
At first I didn't really like it, but I was comparing it to the original. Now, I watch it every week.
Just like people slamming the 5th Gen Camaro in pictures, when you saw it in person it was a different story and the 5th gen was designed to have HINTS of the 1st gen but with modern styling.
It has drawn NEW people to the Camaro and a lot of us old time Camaro guys, so the new Hawaii 5-0 is attracting some old and some new viewers.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #53
racelvr24
#1330 Born On 3/23/09

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Silver/Purple
I like it and yes they do solve everything in 1 hour but did you really think they were going to solve it in real time As for those of you who are watching Chase instead of 5-O I'm guessing your watching more for the female star than the show it's self.
Everyone watches certain shows for there own reasons and it's just TV not real life. Relax and enjoy
Old 01-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #54
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I like the show and the Camaro in it. I think people need to realize that it's a show and not real life. If it took all season to solve one crime, nobody would tune in. I think it's a great mix of action, dialogue and character interaction. Much better than NCIS IMO, I can barely get through an episode.
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #55
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
There's a lot of people in here bashing on the show. I'm kind of curious what current shows these people consider to be top quality.

I'd probably consider their idea of quality TV programming to be a bunch of trash not worthy of air time.

Moral of this story: If you don't have something nice or constructive to say, then say nothing at all.
I would agree with that if we were discussing someone personally. But this thread is about a TV show, flame away since no one is personally offended.
Top quality shows appear on the History Channel, Military Channel, Discovery Channel, HD Channel, National Geographic Channel, Speed Channel..for example.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #56
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I would agree with that if we were discussing someone personally. But this thread is about a TV show, flame away since no one is personally offended.
Top quality shows appear on the History Channel, Military Channel, Discovery Channel, HD Channel, National Geographic Channel, Speed Channel..for example.
Really?

While I love to watch educational shows from time to time, they're not even remotely relevant to what we're talking about.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote