Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #29
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Blowing stuff up.

Use to be tradition for seniors to blow up lockers at our school, till the 90s came along. [and they did almost hit a gas pipe the last time, 2 yrs before I was one] but was in all good fun. But it was no big deal to get some black powder and water proof wick and turn every container you can find into a bomb. No one was trying to kill anyone.

but find a HS kid doing that today and its a national news story.

Where was CNN where I blew the wheel barell 6ft in the air
[Every kid in school knew that story.]

I do that for a living now...lol

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=show
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #30
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
NO KIDDING! Pay attention next Christmas morning. I used to go outside and see all of the neighborhood kids riding NEW bikes, NEW skateboards, playing with new street hockey gear, etc...I don't see that these days. I play a lot of Xbox myself, but if the sun is out and I'm off work, good luck keeping me inside!

I swear, we're going to raise a generation of hypochondriacs. I mean, isn't the point of being a kid to go outside and hurt yourself with your friends/siblings so you know not to do it again?
I noticed that in my neighborhood this year on Christmas morning. I didn't see any kids out playing with their new stuff.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #31
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Diamondback and GT Performer, my two bikes. That and then a Giant.

BB gun wars. I remember we bought fully auto BB guns, IIRC, they were called M1A1s or something, out of a private eye type magazine. Would hold 3000 BBs, and was powered by freon. Those things were a blast!! Like $9.95 or something.

We once loaded up a model rocket of a space shuttle with black powder, and recreated the Challenger explosion. Painted green army men white, loaded black powder instead of parachutes, and 150ft into the air or so...boom! We thought it was cool back then!

Catching a belt on the ass if I screwed up meant I tried not to get caught screwing up, lol. If I got caught, I had to take my ass whooping, or it would be worse. No such thing as a time out, or quiet time. Well, quiet time was the after effect of the ass whooping, lol.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #32
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
*sigh*

I too used to ride my bike MIIIIIILES to go hang out with friends.

I bought a 10 speed to ride to my first summer job at 13... I WALKED to school without parental supervision..... None of this drop you off at the door crap...

we would actually go find stuff to jump our bikes off of.... with out helmets....

it was funny when your friend pushed, tripped or even better, was able to knock you down.... or pushed you into the girls bath room.

Anything in the general yam bag area was worth bonus points....

If you moon some one now a days you can be considered a sexual offender.... in middle school.... Now don't get me wrong. if my son did that I'd beat his ass but.. laugh about it later...

But... I am a father of a 4 year old girl and a two year old son... I don't like for them to be outside with out one of us out there with them... granted my kids are still young. but it does bug me.

however my kids are leaning not to walk too close to me as it will usually result in getting knocked on thier butts. We have pillow fights where I do everything I can to knock em down. I accidentially got my daughter in the mouth. She was running to try and tackle me, I was swinging the pillow and busted her lip a bit.... last night.... I got her pretty good, wife was pissed.... right up until my daughter said... "mommy look at my lip. yeah, daddy hit me... but it was an accident... Dady's not in trouble right? Cus I still want to play with him but we can't play if he's in time out..."

I was so proud...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #33
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Something that's been outlawed at play grounds...at least I havent seen on in a while...a simple seesaw.
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #34
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post

Catching a belt on the ass if I screwed up meant I tried not to get caught screwing up, lol. If I got caught, I had to take my ass whooping, or it would be worse. No such thing as a time out, or quiet time. Well, quiet time was the after effect of the ass whooping, lol.
Our punishment varied. If we were outside and got in trouble my uncle would usually tell us to go pick out a switch. If we were inside it would be a belt if my uncle was handing out the punishment and a flyswatter if my uncle wasn't home. Then we'd get it again from him once he got home from work.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #35
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
wooden spoon for me.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #36
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Riding your bike across town to little league practice or to the theatre, having a paper route that had you up at o dark 30 in the morning rain or shine. We weren't even allowed in the house on Saturdays unless you wanted to do more chores.
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #37
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I remember my 2 older brother spinning me on the little merry go round thing at the park till I would pass out. Now those things are tiny and don't spin at all. We used to play in concrete sewer pieces when they were ripping up our streets. Me and a buddy used to swing from small branches across his Dad's wood pile in his back yard. I must have ridden a million miles on a bike between the ages of 6 and 14.
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #38
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Let's see, I got whipped with:
wooden spoons
switches my mom actually cut off a tree
orange hot wheels race tracks (I still pee a little on the rare occasions I see those devious devices)
belts
etc...

I have scars from building a ramp on a gravel road and attempting to jump my bike...

I remember getting a machete for my birthday one year because I wanted one because Conan was my hero.

Kids didn't used to have ADD or ADHD... they were simply bad kids and an ass whoopin' usually took care of it. At least that is the way I remember it.

The pussification of America...

Just remembered this:
I was about 6 years old and my dad was holding me down tickling me... I had a dart gun (remember those?) and I shot him in the face in "self defense".... epic ass whooping.... I think the natives still sing about it in the hills.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #39
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
My mother used to tear the ball and rubber band off of our paddle balls and beat us with the paddle. That sucked because you got beat with your own toy. LOL
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #40
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
My mother used to tear the ball and rubber band off of our paddle balls and beat us with the paddle. That sucked because you got beat with your own toy. LOL

Yeah. Hot Wheels track was a favorite.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #41
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Yeah. Hot Wheels track was a favorite.
Oh I forgot about that one ,or I just was mentally blocking it out because that stuff hurt.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #42
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
I think everyone got beat by hot wheel tracks when they were smaller and had them. I couldnt begin to tell all the things I got beat with being it was pretty much every toy that i fighted my parents for that would hurt if hit with it lol. Skateboarding from sun up till sun down. I dont think its just the parents fault now a days it has a lot to do with all these damn perverts and kidnappings.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote