Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2015, 09:07 PM   #99
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd69gs View Post
Good example of why NOT to double park. Why ask for trouble?
Put it in the last spot STRAIGHT and nothing would have come of it.
Yep....when I park away from the crowd I park straight in one spot....if I can i try and get a end spot so at least one side of the car is out of reach. Taking up 2 spots has been frowned upon for as long as I can remember.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #100
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
For me, up here, I have had 3 cars damaged but the damage was never small.

So I can admit that my own feelings on someone downplaying it are in play.

RX-8:
Vandalized, twice -once was some jerk knocking mirrors off of cars and scratching them up. Only happened once and we all lost our shit on the block. The second time someone scratched racist and sexual shit all on my hood and trunk.

Front bumper ripped off by someone's car while parked. No note (the no note thing is what made me see red)

Rear ended, while parked. No note (the no note thing is what made me see red)

MX-5:
Front bumper cracked, obviously by someone trying to park and backing into it. NO NOTE!!

WRX:
Front bumper ripped off in the snows storms while parked. No note (the no note thing is what made me see red)

Rear ended by a guy who was talking to his child in the car, not paying attention

Rear Ended/Sandwiched a second time. Some lady in a porsche was speeding and not paying attention. She ran a red light right into the rear of me pushing me into the toyota in front of me. Though I have to give my body shop credit, after the first repair it was like a rock. No real damage to my car, I was able to do the minor repairs myself, the porsche looked like the Hulk stomped it.

Now those are big deals. One would think they would have left a note after ripping off my bumper. I know who did it but without proof I have nothing. Of course these all happened at my rental property before I bought the second duplex house with off-street parking. Now I have a car port with wifi cameras pointed at the Camaro and the WRX. But the 'no note', not owning up to one's mistake, blatant disrespect for the property of others... it all grinds my gears. Cars are a family thing for me, I grew up working on cars mechanically and cosmetically. All of the men in my family are car nuts and the women are worse. So understanding that I come from a family culture of cars, cars are more than just transportation.

P.S. I never park in two spots or crooked. It is just asking for trouble. Hell, when I see it, I take a picture and internet shame the driver. LOL. But that is me personally, folks can do as they like.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #101
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesparksoff View Post
I live in Chicago and these idiots park by sound .I was out enjoying the sun in my Vert and the wife called . She wanted me to pickup some things from Jewel .I parked way in the back on a angle ,taking up two spaces .When I exited the store there was two cars sandwiching my car. My head popped off with anger,and I didn't see the door ding untill I got home, WTF, I need to tip the salesman who sold me my car, because he talked me into spotless paint and rim insurance .After a year ,I'm up to 9 door dings and a cracked bumper .I'm glad I picked up the coverage.

Double parking is an invitation.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:42 AM   #102
atressler85

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
This happened to me at the DMV on Monday. It was the only parking spot left, and since I was waiting for 1.5hrs before I was seen, I ended up being the "jerk" that takes up two parking spaces. Even though I had no control over it, I was still a little embarrassed when I saw that I was taking up two spots. Not all people do it on purpose, just so you know.

(The car in red depicts me)
Attached Images

K&N CAI, BBK Headers, Borla Exhaust
Stripes, 6.2L hood badges, splash guards
Painted: fog bezels, engine cover, mail slot
atressler85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #103
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atressler85 View Post
This happened to me at the DMV on Monday. It was the only parking spot left, and since I was waiting for 1.5hrs before I was seen, I ended up being the "jerk" that takes up two parking spaces. Even though I had no control over it, I was still a little embarrassed when I saw that I was taking up two spots. Not all people do it on purpose, just so you know.

(The car in red depicts me)

Conscious decision here:
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #104
todd69gs

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 1LE 2SS
Guys that double park must think there's an invisible force field prohibiting another car from double parking as well.....ending up right on top of them. Lol
I've seen people do it on purpose just to piss off hot shot double parker guy.
todd69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #105
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1LE View Post
I wouldn't. It's not my car and I take care of my stuff.
I take care of my stuff too. But it doesn't make much sense to me to fix my car every time someone swings their door into it, or backs up too far in a parking space and bumps me. I have other things to spend my money on other than keeping a daily driver looking absolutely pristine.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #106
Steve1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
I take care of my stuff too. But it doesn't make much sense to me to fix my car every time someone swings their door into it, or backs up too far in a parking space and bumps me. I have other things to spend my money on other than keeping a daily driver looking absolutely pristine.
I can respect that which is why I wouldn't "lose my mind if I saw your car". The point of this thread as the OP stated in his opening post, last sentence " keep your junk off my car" it's about respecting other people's property.

Accidents happen and if you hit someone's car then you should be a responsible person and offer to pay for the damage you caused.

My 10 year old truck with 150k+ miles is my daily driver. Bought it new and it has a few dings but I still get compliments on how good it looks.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #107
lukesparksoff

Drives: Camaro SS 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Conscious decision here:

No shame here . One week of parking in Chicago and your car will look like it has been in a hail storm. I love my car and will do what ever it takes to protect it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukesparksoff is offline   Reply With Quote