Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
Pro Bro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Garnet Red
Is there a Elite Engineering E2-X installation guide?

I had one for my last Camaro that was the E2. I Installed it with a friend 4 years ago. My last Camaro was totaled by a drunk driver when it was parked outside my home.

The last time I installed, I was pretty sure I was given a printout PDF instruction guide on how to self install. It was pretty damn close in design to the Mishimoto catch can, and that has a plethora of instruction info online.

My new E2-X for my LT1 engine came with no install instructions and I can't find a youtube install video. I consider myself a beginner level when it comes to cars (self tire change, oil change, air intake) but don't want to mess with this unless I have some set of instructions.

Anyone have an expertise on this?
Pro Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:18 PM   #2
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Install location is wherever makes sense for you. I had already deleted the sound tube so I used the stock bracket that secures the diaphragm part of the sound tube so the e2-X is right next to the intake tube and very easy to empty. It's just a matter of securing it somewhere and running the tubes. I'd suggest you get their check valve so the flow only goes one way.

I don't know if it will work in the Mishi standard location. It's not ideal for a can this long that requires you putting a cup underneath and turn the ball valve. I have thread on my install somewhere here.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:20 PM   #3
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...elite+e-2xp://
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:11 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496963 install for the E2x should be the same
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:04 PM   #5
Pro Bro

I'll be trying my install this Tuesday. If I deleted the sound tube already for my intake, where is a good place to mount a complete E2-X catchcan kit with the base materials and brackets provided.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:23 AM   #6
Pro Bro

Well, I hooked up the catch can. I seem to have done alright because it drives fine and hasn't thrown any codes. Anyone have a picture of how to set up the Clean-Side Oil Separator? Of where the hoses are going to?
Old 11-29-2017, 01:31 AM   #7
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the clean side is in the link I posted
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote