Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-24-2017, 02:19 AM   #15
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
]

I thought about it....but I'm just going to buy the 6LE Iroc hood for now then hit the intake and tune later
Man, I honestly can't believe that d-bag is still in business. He's had at least 4 'going out of business' sales that I know about just from his time on ls1tech.com. And he has zero respect for anyone's trademarks, like this 'iroc' hood, or his 'recaro' seats. I wouldn't give that assclown a dime.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #16
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Man, I honestly can't believe that d-bag is still in business. He's had at least 4 'going out of business' sales that I know about just from his time on ls1tech.com. And he has zero respect for anyone's trademarks, like this 'iroc' hood, or his 'recaro' seats. I wouldn't give that assclown a dime.
To each their own...but as of right now they're sadly the only ones pushing actual good looking(in my opinion) hoods
Old 11-25-2017, 12:00 AM   #17
BomberCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro I4T/2002 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Agreed, 6LE has a really rough history. I've heard many issues of people ordering things and waiting many months before getting something that was in stock at the tine of ordering. Coming from both ls1tech and many facebook pages, I hear much more negative than positive on any post regarding 6LE

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Instagram- @Arctic_Blast_Camaro
BomberCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:26 AM   #18
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberCamaro View Post
Agreed, 6LE has a really rough history. I've heard many issues of people ordering things and waiting many months before getting something that was in stock at the tine of ordering. Coming from both ls1tech and many facebook pages, I hear much more negative than positive on any post regarding 6LE
It also really irritates me how much of his crap is just cut up FLAT abs plastic. For what he's charging for that stuff, he could and should make it out of REAL flat carbon fiber! It would still be crap, but it would at least be visually appealing.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 11-25-2017, 07:39 AM   #19
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
It also really irritates me how much of his crap is just cut up FLAT abs plastic. For what he's charging for that stuff, he could and should make it out of REAL flat carbon fiber! It would still be crap, but it would at least be visually appealing.
Here's a quick and dirty radio/hvac block off plate I made for my 4th gen. I had about $20 in materials. 6LE would charge at least $120.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #20
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Here's a quick and dirty radio/hvac block off plate I made for my 4th gen. I had about $20 in materials. 6LE would charge at least $120.
lol XD that's funny..but I can understand where you guys are coming from
Old 11-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #21
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
lol XD that's funny..but I can understand where you guys are coming from
Damned photobucket! The pic showed up when I posted it! Seriously though, $20 worth of carbon fiber for that entire backing plate. You should be able to grab the link from my prior post and check it out. Same shitty quality you'd get from 6LE, but with REAL carbon fiber!
Old 11-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #22
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Damned photobucket! The pic showed up when I posted it! Seriously though, $20 worth of carbon fiber for that entire backing plate. You should be able to grab the link from my prior post and check it out. Same shitty quality you'd get from 6LE, but with REAL carbon fiber!
I saw the pic...honestly if I can get my hands on a good hood I'm going to "ATTEMPT" to mold it and turn it into carbon fiber
Old 11-25-2017, 11:17 PM   #23
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
I saw the pic...honestly if I can get my hands on a good hood I'm going to "ATTEMPT" to mold it and turn it into carbon fiber
There are some sick hoods out there just wicked expensive. I'm a fan of the Carbon Creations ZL1 hood just not the price tag.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:56 PM   #24
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
There are some sick hoods out there just wicked expensive. I'm a fan of the Carbon Creations ZL1 hood just not the price tag.
I'm more of a fan of ED's TS-1 hood lol
Old 11-26-2017, 02:28 AM   #25
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

That's a nice one to. Same company though just sold by ED. that duraflex shit is cheaper but i know for a fact it rarely fits anyones car tons of 5th gen issues with the duraflex stuff. Better to buy the good stuff for the extra money.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 11-26-2017, 06:51 AM   #26
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
So, back on topic. How's the redesign of the intake coming along?
Old 11-27-2017, 01:28 AM   #27
Eddy

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT 2.0L
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #28
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

BUMP, wonder how this is moving along.