Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
M6 Bog Demystified!!!!

GM has come clean on the M6 bog issue.

Thread here:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520373
Old 02-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Um. Thanks?
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Come clean? Basically said it's a little finicky to launch. Takes some practice, I mean reading through some people's post saying they're dumping clutch at 3,000 didn't work trying 3500 didn't work. Kinda made me chuckle obviously never drag raced with a clutch before, it takes finesse to put max power down with out spinning or bogging anything powerful. The launch control only holds the gas steady that's where the clutch practice comes in
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:09 AM   #4
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6 softtop View Post
Come clean? Basically said it's a little finicky to launch. Takes some practice, I mean reading through some people's post saying they're dumping clutch at 3,000 didn't work trying 3500 didn't work. Kinda made me chuckle obviously never drag raced with a clutch before, it takes finesse to put max power down with out spinning or bogging anything powerful. The launch control only holds the gas steady that's where the clutch practice comes in
Not sure that's what was said, but mainly Chevy says it's intentional for sure on the ZL1. But as for myself and some others with SS M6es good 60's are very elusive. So while not as pronounced on the SS it is there too. If you look at the fast list even the fastest M6 SSes 60's are not very good. So the M6 bog and sky high gearing will forever keep the M6 well behind the A8-A10 SSes.

The other interesting thing from that post is how to make the most out of launch control with your clutch release. That question comes up often.