Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-25-2018, 06:59 AM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Great thread OP. I have been tracking my M6 SS for two years and I still struggle with my launch. You are not bragging by posting and there are lots of experienced racers who will help you here and at the track. I can't tell you how many people try to help me by saying I bought a car with the wrong transmission. No I didn't!

For me drag racing is more like a social event and being there is more fun than just a faster ET. We are doing something with our fast car rather than just reading about it.

For me it doesn't really matter how fast my SS is running although I do hope for 11 second ETs in any weather. I am really close. The biggest blast is when I line up with a car I at least have a shot of beating to the traps and we race fender to fender down the last 1/2 of the track. Reaction time is the key to beating faster cars. And maybe we talked a little smack before the run. And the fans love it! It reminds me of my Front Street Philly days as a youngster, but much safer.

It is interesting to me how obsessed so many are about how fast our cars are. How fast are we?
Old 01-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #16
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
For me drag racing is more like a social event and being there is more fun than just a faster ET. We are doing something with our fast car rather than just reading about it.

For me it doesn't really matter how fast my SS is running although I do hope for 11 second ETs in any weather. I am really close. The biggest blast is when I line up with a car I at least have a shot of beating to the traps and we race fender to fender down the last 1/2 of the track.
The cool thing for me is the 'fellowship". It's in my local Camaro club, at the drag strip, here on the forums, and in the photography clubs I belong to. People are always willing to share their experiences, tips and tricks, and stories.

Drag racing for me so far has been against myself, but it was certainly at the most recent TNTs the competitive juices start to flow. My last time in September and just by chance, I ran against the same C6 Z06 five times, and I got him 2 out of the 5. The best one was when I got him off the line by a hair and we were fender to fender and he just got me at the finish. I was pressing the gas pedal so hard, I got a cramp in my leg. That was an adrenaline rush.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:00 PM   #17
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Are you using launch control and doing a proper burnout ? Are you walking the track before hand ? The Track is an all concrete surface and one of the best around . If you are really having problems , try to wait till they spray fresh VHT and glue the track . Then try to make a pass immediately after .
Hope it helps , here are some of my stock tune , stock engine , stock tire time slips with 811 DA
Attached Images

Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #18
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw0287 View Post
I don't have pics yet.

Track PBIR in south Florida.

Prep - atrocious??? Let 60ft times on cars

Don't have a way to post pics yet. But I will if the time slips.

Best run -

ET 12.523
RT .836
60' 2.166
330'
1/8 8.249
1/8 mph 90.92
1000' 10.566
1/4mph 114.71

DA per airdensityonline.com was 1,400

Have some slips of vette getting 1.78 60s with drag pack.

I even had 2.3 60ft

If I just eased into the throttle I would spin out. But not too bad.
Tires at 20psi rear. 34 front.

After 930 they prep the track for drag slicks only session.

Shitty setup. But the best I can do for now.

I also have to learn more about the car. Try to get a 2.0 60' maybe run a 12.4/12.3.

Also looking forward to January and February when it's 50 degrees for a couple days and get better ties possibly.
That is almost exactly what my car ran back in July in 95F heat in Wisconsin. DA was around 1900. Best run was 12.42 @ 116.3. Most runs were 12.50's around 115mph.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:43 PM   #19
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
IF you can get - DA while the weather is good , you knock off some serious ET
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote