Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #15
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I'm guessing it was in track mode and kept on shifting to keep optimal power?
Old 04-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I feel like the auto is more civilized and the manual is raw like RichardOnee replied. I would tend to go manual too especially with a 1LE if you can afford it. But it's your decision! Good luck.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #17
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I feel like the auto is more civilized and the manual is raw like RichardOnee replied. I would tend to go manual too especially with a 1LE if you can afford it. But it's your decision! Good luck.
That sounds like a plan. There is a dealer about an hour from me with 2 of the 1LEs on the lot.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #18
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
I Own 2 A8's and they don't act like that at all, Mine both shift and act just the way I like.
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #19
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-dreamer View Post
My local dealership had a hyper blue 1SS with body colored ground effects and black bow ties. The car looked absolutely amazing. The care sounded even more amazing upon startup. I have been missing the throaty growl of a large displacement V8. The car had the dual mode exhaust . I took the car for a test drive. Then, things went south, both figuratively and literally as that was the direction traversed. This particular example was equipped with the A8. The car was constantly searching for the correct gear at cruising speed. Is this normal with the A8? On a level surface increasing in speed from 40-45 mph involved 2 gear changes. Is this normal? The engine sounded amazing and the acceleration felt great. However, I am not sure if I can deal with the constant searching. Is this normal or perhaps the example on the lot had a transmission problem? Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Are you planning on trading your spyder for a Camaro?
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #20
Franko07

Drives: 17 white 1LE
If it's anything like my 16 canyon then it does "hunt" gears... I got rid of it because it was so frustrating
Franko07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #21
gr120994

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black, 2SS Camaro
I love the automatic in my 2ss. It seems to know exactly what I want it to do.
gr120994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:33 PM   #22
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-dreamer View Post
My local dealership had a hyper blue 1SS with body colored ground effects and black bow ties. The car looked absolutely amazing. The care sounded even more amazing upon startup. I have been missing the throaty growl of a large displacement V8. The car had the dual mode exhaust . I took the car for a test drive. Then, things went south, both figuratively and literally as that was the direction traversed. This particular example was equipped with the A8. The car was constantly searching for the correct gear at cruising speed. Is this normal with the A8? On a level surface increasing in speed from 40-45 mph involved 2 gear changes. Is this normal? The engine sounded amazing and the acceleration felt great. However, I am not sure if I can deal with the constant searching. Is this normal or perhaps the example on the lot had a transmission problem? Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
I actually noticed this when I test drove a 6th gen a year ago. It was constantly hunting for gear changes especially downhill. I think the issue is that the car is new and the transmission is still trying to learn and having different people test driving with different driving styles might be confusing for it.
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote