Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2016, 06:26 PM   #421
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Why would I care what a bunch of fanboys who over paid for an overrated car have to say? That would be like me coming here to listen to people complain about the Camaro.

"Suffucient" is all relative. Why are you even here making a excuses for a car you don't even own? They don't make and publish videos like that for cars that had one bad launch. If that's what you want to buy, knock yourself out. Whatever you want to attribute that to, it wasn't pretty and highlights its weaknesses.

Being you're the one acting like a whine ass maybe other people's opinions should matter regardless of what side of this battle they're on. Have you driven a GT350? I bet you haven't. Although I agree that the MVA found on the GT350 right now is pathetic they're far from overrated.

I was a GM guy for years (40+ cars) but have been all Ford since 2013. Even then you won't find me on the Mustang forums adding fuel to all this fire. With that being said like it or not the S550 is still a better bang for your buck vs a 6th Gen Camaro.

All in all I tend to stay away from facebook groups or forums in general anymore. There are too many people that feel the need to run their mouth about anything & everything even though they have zero experience or own any of the vehicles they discuss.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #422
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Why would I care what a bunch of fanboys who over paid for an overrated car have to say? That would be like me coming here to listen to people complain about the Camaro.

"Suffucient" is all relative. Why are you even here making a excuses for a car you don't even own? They don't make and publish videos like that for cars that had one bad launch. If that's what you want to buy, knock yourself out. Whatever you want to attribute that to, it wasn't pretty and highlights its weaknesses.
You can't help but talk negatively about a vehicle you never experienced. You're just oozing with jelly.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:10 PM   #423
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
With that being said like it or not the S550 is still a better bang for your buck vs a 6th Gen Camaro.
And by what narrow and probably subjective definition do you come to that conclusion? Simply because the base to base is cheaper?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #424
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
And by what narrow and probably subjective definition do you come to that conclusion? Simply because the base to base is cheaper?
The Camaro SS performance numbers are so far ahead of the Mustang GT's it must have been a typo.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:10 PM   #425
Mikey LikesIt

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
With that being said like it or not the S550 is still a better bang for your buck vs a 6th Gen Camaro
Really? Says who?
Mikey LikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:57 PM   #426
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
"Better bang for your buck" is just as subjective as aesthetics. What's "best" for one will not matter to another and vise versa.

You jump all over a guy because in his opinion S550 is a better deal? That's a buyer's perogative. Someone looking for certain qualities in they're pony car vs others will find one that just fits they're idea of what these cars should be better than the other. I don't see why that idea seems to cause some to boil over.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #427
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
"Better bang for your buck" is just as subjective as aesthetics. What's "best" for one will not matter to another and vise versa.

You jump all over a guy because in his opinion S550 is a better deal? That's a buyer's perogative. Someone looking for certain qualities in they're pony car vs others will find one that just fits they're idea of what these cars should be better than the other. I don't see why that idea seems to cause some to boil over.
Like it or not. His words. Not him sharing his opinion, he is denouncing any opinion other than his. Don't think anyone truly unbiased would word it that way or would disagree that the Mustang has qualities in some cases. I personally like the Mustang. But it missed several key areas for me. I wouldn't jump on the Mustang forum and proclaim the Camaro is the best bang for the buck, especially without stating why specifically it is to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:04 AM   #428
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I guess watching grampa's Sunday cruiser beat a car off the line selling for $20k or more over its sticker price struck a nerve. I'm not saying it's a bad car and I apologize if I was being a jerk. Anyone would be lucky to own a GT350. But bang for our buck? The GT350 has a unique engine design and is optimized for the track. It's a purpose built car. However for the same amount of money that it would realistically cost to drive one brand new out of a showroom, you could buy a new 1LZ. Actually it would probably be cheaper to buy a new 1LZ - $72k at Kerbeck. I've yet to find a GT350 properly optioned for less than $80k out the door. And please don't bother posting those BS listings from Autotrader. It was even cheaper to add a Maggie (stock boost level), tune and headers to a new 2SS.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 AM   #429
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post

When car enthusiasts refer to "bang for the buck" they are talking about performance. So with that being the case, I really don't see how anyone could say the S550 fits that bill...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:34 AM   #430
Baywire

Drives: Future 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
When car enthusiasts refer to "bang for the buck" they are talking about performance. So with that being the case, I really don't see how anyone could say the S550 fits that bill...
While I agree with this for the most part, I think you are overlooking things such as quality of parts, cost of ownership and ease of customization (aesthetic or performance). Of which I find very important when valuing vehicles in head to head comparisons.

I'm not arguing whether the Camaro or Mustang are better, simply, if both have leather interior's, one of them likely has better leather. If you live in an area plagued with potholes, one of them likely has better/stronger wheels. And this list goes on, especially with interiors. Two years down the line if you have a better performing car but you had to replace 2 wheels and the seats are gone to hell and have spent over twice as much on maintenance as the other option well... At least your car performs better... (Again this is hypothetical and not specifically noting either cars quality)

If that doesn't bother you as a car enthusiast then that's up to you to decide but that might not be everyone's opinion on "Car Value".
Baywire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #431
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Well, now you have guys over there stating that a BO 5.0 smashed on a Ferrari 458. Smh. And we are to take his word for it, no video. It is comical. I love it over there.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #432
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Well, it's confirmed. They are borderline stalkish now. They are making it a point to let us know that when we post, they are verifying what we say on this forum first to make sure our stories jive.

Smh. Anyhow, guess I'll have to surf on the low over there and read unlimited amounts of stories on how slow the Z06 is compared to a modded 450 hp 5.0.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:36 PM   #433
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Well, it's confirmed. They are borderline stalkish now. They are making it a point to let us know that when we post, they are verifying what we say on this forum first to make sure our stories jive.

Smh. Anyhow, guess I'll have to surf on the low over there and read unlimited amounts of stories on how slow the Z06 is compared to a modded 450 hp 5.0.
You don't HAVE to do anything, why bother?
Old 05-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #434
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Damn I love my car.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 492
Size:  69.2 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 05-18-2016 at 07:23 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote