Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #57
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Not sure why the Z06 issues are being brought up here, as that is the LT4, which seems to have some possible packing issues in the Z06 they need to solve. In the Caddy, the LT4 seems to be just fine as it's got better cooling. ...
Although the motors may be the same, the drivers may be different. It's possible more corvette owners are pushing their cars harder than the Caddy owners. Speaking in generalities of course.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #58
Dr. Love2
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 SS;2010 Camaro SS/RS; 2015 Z06
The issue was that some debris was left from the build of the engine. This debris gets in the oil. It is recommended that you drive like a grandma the first 500 miles. Change the oil. They check the filter for debris to make sure everything is fine. My husband took my filter apart and there were no metal pieces in it. You alternate your driving style for the next 1,000 miles. After that, change the oil. Once this is done, you break in the brakes and let the driving fun begin. The cars are completely under warranty at that point. I wouldn't worry about the engine as long as you break it in the right way.
Dr. Love2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #59
jessicaavail

Drives: Black 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love2 View Post
The issue was that some debris was left from the build of the engine. This debris gets in the oil. It is recommended that you drive like a grandma the first 500 miles. Change the oil. They check the filter for debris to make sure everything is fine. My husband took my filter apart and there were no metal pieces in it. You alternate your driving style for the next 1,000 miles. After that, change the oil. Once this is done, you break in the brakes and let the driving fun begin. The cars are completely under warranty at that point. I wouldn't worry about the engine as long as you break it in the right way.
How do you break in the brakes?? I've never heard of doing this but I got my current camaro new and the brakes tend to be a little squeaky sometimes even after replacing the pads. I don't think I'm hard on brakes but if this was my fault I don't want to mess up the ones on my new one by not breaking them in properly, especially since I'm paying for the 6 piston upgrade.
jessicaavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #60
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Brazing the brakes should be in your owners manual: mainly no hard stops in the first couple hundred miles. Normal everyday driving does it. Its like varying your engine speed in the several hundred miles.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #61
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Breaking in brakes is commonly called "bedding them in"
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #62
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
That is true.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #63
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I partook in a road rally today. 3 C7 Z06 Vettes. 2 LT1 Stingray models.. None of them died. Surprised!!
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #64
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Not sure why the Z06 issues are being brought up here, as that is the LT4, which seems to have some possible packing issues in the Z06 they need to solve. In the Caddy, the LT4 seems to be just fine as it's got better cooling.

As for the LT1, aren't pretty much all the issues on early '14 Corvettes? And didn't they find a production tolerance error they fixed? I'm pretty confident that by the time it hits the Camaro for '16, being that it's the LT1's third year that they should be good to go. I'm waiting till '17 to purchase regardless with the hopes of an 1LE.

Many engines can have issues, and as mentioned the internet seems to make issues worse then they are as people talk about what's bad, not what's good. Look at the Mustangs (and I am not knocking them as I own an '11 5.0 still) with the number 8 cylinder issue and oil change tick. If you read the forums you would think 3/4 of them have the issues. I know of nobody with either issue...now the MT-82 is another deal, that IS a complete piece of garbage.
Little off topic but figured I'd say something since it was brought up. I've had 30+ GM vehicles (F-Bodies, GTO, Corvette) and was hesitant buying my 2014 GT due to the MT-82 issues. Three years and six thousand miles later all I have ever experienced is minor whine at low RPM. Gotta say clutches sticking to the floor and inconsistent clutch engagement in my GM vehicles bothered me much more than this does. The MT-82 is built differently than a T-56/T-6060 and parts that shouldn't have passed QC went in them. In any case the F-Body platform had more than it's share of growing pains as well.

I understand why folks are nervous about new powertrains but I'd hope GM has things worked out after three years. My 2007 Silverado left me on the side of the road when it decided it didn't need a few valve springs. I was given an apology and two new valve springs back then. Now look at the repair process when people bring in vehicles with AFM woes.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #65
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Little off topic but figured I'd say something since it was brought up. I've had 30+ GM vehicles (F-Bodies, GTO, Corvette) and was hesitant buying my 2014 GT due to the MT-82 issues. Three years and six thousand miles later all I have ever experienced is minor whine at low RPM. Gotta say clutches sticking to the floor and inconsistent clutch engagement in my GM vehicles bothered me much more than this does. The MT-82 is built differently than a T-56/T-6060 and parts that shouldn't have passed QC went in them. In any case the F-Body platform had more than it's share of growing pains as well.

I understand why folks are nervous about new powertrains but I'd hope GM has things worked out after three years. My 2007 Silverado left me on the side of the road when it decided it didn't need a few valve springs. I was given an apology and two new valve springs back then. Now look at the repair process when people bring in vehicles with AFM woes.
Clutch pedal has stuck multiple times on WOT in my 2013 Mustang.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #66
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
During the MT "Best drivers" car test it was discovered, after the fact, the intercooler pump had been disconnected on the z06. That certainly explains all the issues.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #67
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
I'm not sure how that even happens. Who randomly disconnects a vital system during, or preparing for, a media showdown?

I'm not sure who I am more embarrassed for: MT or the GM "experts" who poured over the car trying to rectify it..yet apparently are utterly incompetent.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:43 AM   #68
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I'm not sure how that even happens. Who randomly disconnects a vital system during, or preparing for, a media showdown?

I'm not sure who I am more embarrassed for: MT or the GM "experts" who poured over the car trying to rectify it..yet apparently are utterly incompetent.
Same people that send it with worn out brakes....people that need a new job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:48 AM   #69
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
6000 mile in three years? I had a MT-82, it was a complete POS. Wouldn't let me into third at high rpm, bad syncros, got a new one, it made more noise then my loud exhaust. There are many MT-82 owners in my car club, they all have some issue. I sold that car and got one with the 6R80 auto. So far it has been good, and with the tune shifts great. But this car will be replaced for a '17 SS or 1LE.

Given a choice with internal, hard to fix issues, or a clutch that sticks the the floor at times I would take that. It is a much easier, cheaper fix. On my older Camaro with a T-56 all it needed was regular fluid changes and a stainless clutch line.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #70
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
During the MT "Best drivers" car test it was discovered, after the fact, the intercooler pump had been disconnected on the z06. That certainly explains all the issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

This ^ if that was the case, how the hell did the GM experts that were on hand not notice that right away?

Also does not explain the bad/heavily worn brakes that the car came with. IMO GM just screwed up and sent them a Z06 that had been abused and didn't do the proper quality control checks before hand.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote