Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #15
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yescats View Post
Cool wife. Same sex marriage?
Well, I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Why? You cruisin?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #16
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Still waiting to see one in person & test it before making a final 'call.' As I don't track my car, I look for a good balance between looks & performance. If I don't like the looks when I see it in person, it won't matter if it offers a little better performance then my '13. At this point, based on the pictures I've seen, all I can say is overall it looks nice; however, I like what I consider the more aggressive look of the front end of my SS better.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 AM   #17
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Looks like a Toyota, performance is great too bad they have taken the road away from the retro look. At least we had a few good years 5th gen and 1st gen are where it's at the rest are flat liners in my book.
I don't know if it looks like a Toyota. But they tried to modernize the retro shape which in my opinion was a bad idea. It looks like they cut the middle out of a 5th Gen and went from there. They should've just started from scratch instead.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #18
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
looks great
not everything is about how it looks..if it's a way better car to drive then surely that's the main reason to own one..
looks like ours tbh..little more refined . a normal person would see no difference.
Not so sure I feel it looks great, but if the real performance numbers are what they claim, and then they go and build a 1LE, it will deserve serious consideration.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:11 AM   #19
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #20
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
texas state fair starts in a new days. hope to see several models and colors.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:26 AM   #21
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Come on guys... you all need to like the new 6th gen so I can buy up all the 5th gens for myself
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #22
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post

O-my..
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #23
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
I'm going to give myself a chance to like it. Obviously, the performance and interior are what we wanted, but the exterior styling...I hope it grows on me. The thread with the 5th Gen Callaway parked next to the 6th Gen really made the newer car look bad.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #24
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post

The lower grill of the 6th gen SS looks looks similar to the current Camry. Except the Camry's grill is more gaping and uglier.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #25
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I'm going to give myself a chance to like it. Obviously, the performance and interior are what we wanted, but the exterior styling...I hope it grows on me. The thread with the 5th Gen Callaway parked next to the 6th Gen really made the newer car look bad.
I personally don't feel styling of a vehicle should have to "grow on me." I also feel that GM misses the boat on quite a few things when it comes to vehicle designs. Still rather irritated that my car has a steering wheel that's in multiple other vehicles of much lower value. I'm just not one of those people that believes automakers just always get everything right, because they don't.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #26
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yescats View Post
Refined? Big ugly plastic mouth. Cheap looking plastic hood scoops. Don't like the headlights. The sidemarkers have got to go. Boon for Oracle ghosted sidemarkers. What happened to the rear fenders? Did they reduce the width or tire size? I bet they're going to call it, "leaner" or "sleeker" or something stupid like that. Don't like the tail lights either. It's like they didn't want them to be a similar shape as the new Corvette. Yet the interior copies the Vette.
ive never seen anything besides plastic hood scoops, and they are functional so....

The tires are same size as last gen I believe and I think they actually made the wheels half inch wider than last gen.

interior is much better thought out/arranged. I like my 5th gen interior but the cup holders are pointless and get in the way so much with a manual.

the measurements are very close to the 5th gen and this thing will run circles around it. I think a lot of ppl are just dogging it to satisfy themselves to keep their 5th gen. I think they both look good, and will eventually look at the 6th gen but not until they have been out for a few years
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #27
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Looks like a Toyota, performance is great too bad they have taken the road away from the retro look. At least we had a few good years 5th gen and 1st gen are where it's at the rest are flat liners in my book.

I agree with you. It's like they couldn't make up their minds on a totally new look, or stay retro. So we get what looks like an Asian copy of a 5th Gen. I do track my car, so the better performance is a positive. Still, it's not enough to make me want one. I think I'll keep mine and just try to add some HP.

I really wish they'd have either got totally retro, or come with a totally new design.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:35 AM   #28
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
Silly question... "everyone knows when you are married, it is always the same sex." (Robin Williams)
haha I miss that guy so much.

I actually like the 6th gen, the next gen cars don't always look better at every aspect of the previous especially when everyone has different tastes.

And there are plenty of ugly 5th gens out there.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote