Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #15
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Drives: 68 GTO 455 Ram Air; 2014 Camaro ZL1
BMR parts are really cheap. They have a suspenssion package set deal that is real cheap. I did the instal myself. When you replace toe rods you have to get it aligned at a tire center. Go to BMR websight and call there tech dept. and tell them what you are looking for. They are really smart.
Dimitrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #16
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrim View Post
BMR parts are really cheap. They have a suspenssion package set deal that is real cheap. I did the instal myself. When you replace toe rods you have to get it aligned at a tire center. Go to BMR websight and call there tech dept. and tell them what you are looking for. They are really smart.
Thanks so much for the compliments and the referral, we greatly appreciate it!!!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #17
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I'm not sure if this will suffice, but here is a pic of me at the strip. Is this too much squat? Is there a true way to measure?
Attached Images

Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #18
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
With the 315s in the back, you can't lower and not rub. There will be those that say they have 315s and don't rub, but ask if they put junk in the trunk and four people in the car does it rub over big bumps and the answer will be yes, but I don't do that often.

Dip into the GM parts in and get a set of 1LE, ZL1, Z/28 Toe Links. Add a 28mm 1LE, ZL1 rear sway bar. Install a pair of the front 1LE sub-frame bushes and Z/28 trailing arms. Gt the rear aligned to -0.50 Camber with the Toe IN 0.12 per side Total Rear Toe of 0.24. You are good to go.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #19
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
With the 315s in the back, you can't lower and not rub. There will be those that say they have 315s and don't rub, but ask if they put junk in the trunk and four people in the car does it rub over big bumps and the answer will be yes, but I don't do that often.

Dip into the GM parts in and get a set of 1LE, ZL1, Z/28 Toe Links. Add a 28mm 1LE, ZL1 rear sway bar. Install a pair of the front 1LE sub-frame bushes and Z/28 trailing arms. Gt the rear aligned to -0.50 Camber with the Toe IN 0.12 per side Total Rear Toe of 0.24. You are good to go.

Thats exactly what im not looking for. I dont wanna deal with the rubbing. I dont usually carry any heavy items or more people then just my girl and I so im sure i could potentially get away with a mild drop like pfadts springs..Would you recommend a pair of the megan racing coilovers or just a pair of 1.25 lowering springs with some of thoes Koni's. Im going to be upgrading almost all of my suspension except for ride height as for now. Just trying to decide what i should do with the rest of the stock suspension (springs/struts)
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #20
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Thats exactly what im not looking for. I dont wanna deal with the rubbing. I dont usually carry any heavy items or more people then just my girl and I so im sure i could potentially get away with a mild drop like pfadts springs..Would you recommend a pair of the megan racing coilovers or just a pair of 1.25 lowering springs with some of thoes Koni's. Im going to be upgrading almost all of my suspension except for ride height as for now. Just trying to decide what i should do with the rest of the stock suspension (springs/struts)
An 1.25 will rub occasionally. I suggest you run the 1LE rear coils with 1LE struts all around.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #21
Nighthawk89

Quote:
An 1.25 will rub occasionally. I suggest you run the 1LE rear coils with 1LE struts all around.
What is the drop on a 1LE?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #22
JusticePete

Quote:
What is the drop on a 1LE?
The rear coil is about 1/2 lower.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #23
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:

We have been running a 315/35/20 on a 11" wheel with a +46 offset and only rubbed once on the inner fender liner which isn't a big deal..

None of those parts are going to help with squat in the rear. For a drag setup, I recommend a stiff rear spring, Stiff rear bar, 0 toe and as close to 0 camber as possible. When the car squats the car will toe in and you'll gain negative camber.

Quote:
The rear coil is about 1/2 lower.
1LE and SS springs are one in the same. The ZL1 springs are about 1/2" lower than SS/1LE springs.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #24
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
The 1LE runs a 285 on the 11" rear wheel just for this reason.
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #25
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
The 1LE runs a 285 on the 11" rear wheel just for this reason.
I am running 315's in the rear.. But that didn't help with the issue i had at the time..
Old 04-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #26
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Might as well talk to ryne. If you trust him with drivetrain and tune why not pick his brain about your suspension...
Pete has some good hustle and bustle going on at his new label if you want to wait it out.
I almost took this question about that booty sway when on power because of weak bushings.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #27
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
Quote:
I love the power i am putting down currently but i hate that the rear end has to drop so much and the front end wants to lift. What are my options? And what supporting mods are going to correct this?

Im sitting on a stock suspension right not with 315's in the rear and 275's up front. I don't want to lower much cause i don't want to rub at all or have to deal with pinning up the emergency break.

What do you recommend? Coilovers? If so, Which brand for a Daily driven care that prbly won't ever see the track.

Lowering springs are stiffer - no rub, no pogo pony with acceleration. Problem solved (go with 1" all around).
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #28
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver2 View Post
Lowering springs are stiffer - no rub, no pogo pony with acceleration. Problem solved (go with 1" all around).
Ended up upgrading my entire suspension as you well see in my signature lol. i guess go big or go home right! lol