Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #15
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Looks AWESOME....despite what the Haters say!!! It’s not about trying to make a ZL1 clone. I just want a better looking front bumper than what the stock SS comes with! Personally, I like the lines on the AA bumper BETTER than the ZL1 bumper! Thanks for putting up the comparison shot!!! Except for the grill, I’ll admit, the OEM ZL1 grille looks better. And trying to do a factory ZL1 bumper conversion would cost 2-3 times what the AA bumper costs! Some of us do not have unlimited funds!!! Must be nice!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #16
theCATALYST
@V3NOM.SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
Anyone know if the ZL1 1LE grille will fit inside the American Authority ZL1 style bumper? I love they way it pops out on the ZL1 1LE.
I highly doubt the grill is interchangeable. As someone pointed out, the AA bumper is not an exact replica of the ZL1 bumper.
American Authority - ZL1 Conversion Front Bumper, ZL1 Hood, ZL1 Cannards, ZL1 Side Skirts, ZL1 inspired Hood, Rear Valance w/ Diffuser, darkened LED side markers, C7 Fender Vents, 1/4 Window Scoops, Fuel Lid, Tow Hook
Vertini 20x10.5/20x9.5 RF1.1 Gloss Black wheels
R1Concepts Geomet Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Barke Pads
Mishimoto - Cold Air Intake (RED), Catch Can (RED)
BMR - Strut Tower Brace (RED)
GM Darkened Taillights, ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light[/SIZE]
theCATALYST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #17
theCATALYST
@V3NOM.SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Looks AWESOME....despite what the Haters say!!! It’s not about trying to make a ZL1 clone. I just want a better looking front bumper than what the stock SS comes with! Personally, I like the lines on the AA bumper BETTER than the ZL1 bumper! Thanks for putting up the comparison shot!!! Except for the grill, I’ll admit, the OEM ZL1 grille looks better. And trying to do a factory ZL1 bumper conversion would cost 2-3 times what the AA bumper costs! Some of us do not have unlimited funds!!! Must be nice!!!
Thank you, I agree, looks good to me. There are other benefits to the bumper besides the looks however. The AA bumper offers a noticeable difference in weight (lighter) than OEM as well is improved airflow vs the SS bumper. Unlike a LOT of other aftermarket parts, these fit surprisingly well. Mine was installed by me in my driveway after having it painted. Absolutely 0 problems...everything lined up perfectly.

In my opinion, adding this bumper is no different than putting reproduction Z28 wheels/1LE Wheels/ZL1 wheels on an SS or other model. It's not trying to look like those models...it is simply a preference in look. So far I've not seen anyone "up-badging" their Camaro...now that I would have to thumbs down repeatedly.
American Authority - ZL1 Conversion Front Bumper, ZL1 Hood, ZL1 Cannards, ZL1 Side Skirts, ZL1 inspired Hood, Rear Valance w/ Diffuser, darkened LED side markers, C7 Fender Vents, 1/4 Window Scoops, Fuel Lid, Tow Hook

Last edited by theCATALYST; 02-07-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #18
Cobaltct

Drives: 2018 camaro ZL1 in Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCATALYST View Post
You can see more pics here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519264 besides the two I'll share here. I have plenty at my Instagram @sstormtroopr

If you have any questions, feel free to message me there or here and I'll answer best I can. If I can't, I've got good access to someone who can.
Thank you for this I do have a question dose the oem zl1 grill fit both top and bottom or do I have to use the aa one? Thanks again
Cobaltct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #19
theCATALYST
@V3NOM.SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltct View Post
Thank you for this I do have a question dose the oem zl1 grill fit both top and bottom or do I have to use the aa one? Thanks again
I've not tried it, nor do I know anyone who has. But that being said, I highly doubt they would fit. As it's been mentioned, there are differences between the AA bumper and the OEM ZL1 bumper. I'm fairly confident those difference carry over to the tabs behind the bumper as well and possibly even the shape.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:54 AM   #20
simplicated

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Does anyone know about the OEM DRLs, particularly for an RS, are they able to mount on the bumper and function still or is something different? I'm assuming something doesn't allow it to work since every car I've seen with it on IG doesn't have them on and running.
simplicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:49 AM   #21
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
Anyone know if the ZL1 1LE grille will fit inside the American Authority ZL1 style bumper? I love they way it pops out on the ZL1 1LE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltct View Post
I asked AA about the grill fitment and the GM Dive Plane Kit.... their response:

While the MP Concepts ZL1 Style bumper looks very similar to the OEM ZL1, it's completely designed from scratch and different in some ways. The upper grille mounts are designed around LT/RS OEM clip sets (these OEM upper grilles 'should' fit) while the lower grille is designed and styled just for the MPC bumper and the vents alike. The Canards or Dive Plane Kit you are looking into will not fit.

But they are supposedly coming out with their own dive plane kit “soon”.... if anyone is interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicated View Post
Does anyone know about the OEM DRLs, particularly for an RS, are they able to mount on the bumper and function still or is something different? I'm assuming something doesn't allow it to work since every car I've seen with it on IG doesn't have them on and running.
The OEM LT/RS vertical DRL’s will fit in the AA front bumper, that’s what they intend for you to install there. The OEM SS horizontal DRL’s will not fit! According to Eric at AA, they will be offering LED DRL’s as an added option to their front bumper kits. And they will also offer a RGB LED DRL’s too!!! I would expect this announcement to come from them any day now! Also, if anyone cares, their DRL’s will be compatible with their Dive Plane Kit, unlike the OEM.

Yes, I’ve done some research on this front bumper kit!!!

Last edited by blazzin1; 02-08-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #22
theCATALYST
@V3NOM.SS

Quote:
I asked AA about the grill fitment and the GM Dive Plane Kit.... their response:

While the MP Concepts ZL1 Style bumper looks very similar to the OEM ZL1, it's completely designed from scratch and different in some ways. The upper grille mounts are designed around LT/RS OEM clip sets (these OEM upper grilles 'should' fit) while the lower grille is designed and styled just for the MPC bumper and the vents alike. The Canards or Dive Plane Kit you are looking into will not fit.

But they are supposedly coming out with their own dive plane kit “soon”.... if anyone is interested!

The OEM LT/RS vertical DRL’s will fit in the AA front bumper, that’s what they intend for you to install there. The OEM SS horizontal DRL’s will not fit! According to Eric at AA, they will be offering LED DRL’s as an added option to their front bumper kits. And they will also offer a RGB LED DRL’s too!!! I would expect this announcement to come from them any day now! Also, if anyone cares, their DRL’s will be compatible with their Dive Plane Kit, unlike the OEM.

Yes, I’ve done some research on this front bumper kit!!!

Correct on all topics Thank You!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #23
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I like the bumper it looks a bit more aggressive than stock, I just need to see it in person. I normally go OEM and I am sure I will but I want to see it in person.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #24
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I like the bumper it looks a bit more aggressive than stock, I just need to see it in person. I normally go OEM and I am sure I will but I want to see it in person.
Definitely a good idea to see things in-person if possible! I saw Tony’s “Leadfed Camaro” in-person at the last CamaroFest, and I was thoroughly impressed with the AA front bumper! Just waiting to see their optional dive plane kit and RGB DRL’s before making the commitment.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #25
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Definitely a good idea to see things in-person if possible! I saw Tony’s “Leadfed Camaro” in-person at the last CamaroFest, and I was thoroughly impressed with the AA front bumper! Just waiting to see their optional dive plane kit and RGB DRL’s before making the commitment.
Yep sure wish they would offer a Zl1 hood as well to go with the bumper.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #26
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Yep sure wish they would offer a Zl1 hood as well to go with the bumper.
Dude!!! They are working on the hood now!!! They said it’s all aluminum and will fit on all non-ZL-1 6th Gens!!! Here a picture they posted on their FB page...
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #27
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Dude!!! They are working on the hood now!!! They said it’s all aluminum and will fit on all non-ZL-1 6th Gens!!! Here a picture they posted on their FB page...
sweet looks real good IMHO
Old 02-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #28
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
If they made a ZL1 1LE style front end I'd be all over it. Though I'd want the canards to be optional. They are the only part I'm so-so about. But that big lower grille is so badass.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote