#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #29
Mjollnir

Drives: 2017 1LS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper2ss View Post
Question: Can't tell if you still have factory seat belts installed or did you remove them as well?. what harness bar are you using?. are you sitting lower in this seat?. have you been stopped by the police and if so have they bothered you about the seats/harness?. is this your daily driver or track car only?. Looking to install seats soon as well.

Daily driver with the factory belts still installed zipped tied to the
Brey Krause harness bar. Haven't been stopped. Hope that helps!
Mjollnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:00 PM   #30
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt-cuatro View Post
Just wondering if anyone has a solution to get rid of the airbag light.
So, I have been curious about this because I am teeting between aftermarket seats, the factory Recaro's or just getting a 1LE at this point.

I did some digging into the SIR system and looked over the setup on my '16 1SS. A here would be my idea to make the SIR system still function, sans the seat airbags, and keep the SDM (the airbag module) happy, not setting DTC's or lights.

The SIR system on the 6G Camaro consists of the following:
-SDM (airbag module)
-Impact sensors
-The airbags
-Seat belt tensioners
-Passenger seat positions sensor
-Passenger detection system/module

When replacing the factory seats with aftermarket seats, the components that cause the SDM to fault out are the seat airbags, passenger seat position sensor, passenger detection system and, in most cases, the seat belt tensioners.

The seat belt tensioners are easy. No explanation needed here.

The seat airbags can be simulated with a resistor, or something to resemble a load on the circuit. I'm still looking into the value(s) needed on this.

Now, the passenger seat position sensor and detection system are the two things it seems a lot of people are unsure about. With this, I wondered if somehow the components for these passenger system could be kept in integrity. I think this is highly possible. Looking at seat mount and slider system, where all the seat/SIR components are largely located, I found that you can unbolt the power slider from the seat bottom brackets. Doing this allows functionality of the passenger seat position sensor, as factory. In regards to the passenger detection system, it looks like the entire system can be removed from the seat and then re-integrated into an aftermarket seat fairly easy.

I'll add the pictures of my car's seats with some kindergarten labeling so this is more clear in the next post.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:09 PM   #31
Mountain

P = Passenger seat position sensor
S = Seat power slider motor
SM = Passenger Sense Module/Detection System
T = Seat tilt motor

GREEN Circles = Bolts to detach seat/seat bracket to slider assembly.
Red "?" at PS RR = I am not sure; I think this is part of the tilt function.
Red "?" at PS LR = I have no idea what this is; looks to be some sensor?
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2018, 10:38 PM   #32
Mountain

It's looking like, from what I can find, the airbag module is looking for a 2-4ohm resistance for the seat airbags... Driver side should be OG/BU and GN/OG wires and passenger side should be OG/GY and BN/OG wires looking at things.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #33
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I just got done installing my Driven Race Seats....and tried to defeat the Airbag warning light, but didn't get all the way there. Yet.

See this thread.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...1#post10093254

I have resistors in for the Airbag and Seat Belts for both seats, and the Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor plugged in - but still throwing an airbag code.

I'm going to see if I can get the code details read this weekend to see what is still missing, I'm guessing that it is the seat position sensors?

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #34
Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
I just got done installing my Driven Race Seats....and tried to defeat the Airbag warning light, but didn't get all the way there. Yet.

See this thread.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...1#post10093254

I have resistors in for the Airbag and Seat Belts for both seats, and the Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor plugged in - but still throwing an airbag code.

I'm going to see if I can get the code details read this weekend to see what is still missing, I'm guessing that it is the seat position sensors?
Maybe. The seat position sensor WILL set a DTC and the airbag light.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #35
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
This is great stuff. Would be awesome to finally get a solution. Thanks guys.
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #36
Mountain

The seat position sensor references against the factory seat track to understand the seat position. The thing is, it does so in a fairly rudimentary, binary way (like an "ON/OFF" switch). One part of the seat track will "shunt" (or induce a magnetic current on) the sensor and cause the sensor to create an signal and the other part will be open, and allow no changed signal. This really creates a "digital signal" or an "ON/OFF" signal if you were to move the seat back and forth (like many CKP, or crank sensors).

If you look at my pictures I posted, note the 3rd one ("PS LR" in yellow). The red question mark ("?"), I think is a magnet. So, I tihnk is the seat position sensor is simply installed in-circuit, the airbag module will be OK with it, seeing it in one of the seat positions.

Also, the red question mark ("?") in the "PS RR" picture is the "vertical seat motor" (A.K.A. to my terms as the "tilt" motor listed in the "PS RF" picture; I guess I was a tad tired when I labeled the pictures...lol).
Old 03-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #37
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Interesting, subscribed.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #38
Yenkocrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I decided to swap out my drivers seat for a full blown track setup. I choose the Sparco Alpha vs the Sparco EVO II. The Alpha is a wider seat then the EVO II but the shoulder harness holes are better suited for a lengthy torso individual.

I used the Planted 6th Gen seat mount with OMP sliders. I had to mount the seat directly to the sliders to gain enough head/helmet space since I also have a sunroof making the available height 1" less.

I also wanted to retain all the OE seat belt components as well as keeping the other 9 airbags functional in the car. To do this I striped the Drivers seat harness out and used it as a template to design my own version that only contains the critical wiring for the SRS system. The car is a fully optioned 2016 2SS so seat heater/cooling is removed.

I designed a harness that defeats the airbag light and SRS system keeping the airbags functional.

Currently waiting to install the BK Auto harness bar and rear seat delete kit. Added some pics for those curious. Also thinking about making full SRS delete kits for both driver and passenger seats.

Anyone interested? PM me and if there is enough interest I'll dedicate the time to build the full delete kit or specific driver/passenger options.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Pix of Alpha install.pdf (1.22 MB, 617 views)
Yenkocrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:56 PM   #39
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
Hallelujaaaaaaaaaaah
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:38 PM   #40
Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenkocrew View Post
I decided to swap out my drivers seat for a full blown track setup. I choose the Sparco Alpha vs the Sparco EVO II. The Alpha is a wider seat then the EVO II but the shoulder harness holes are better suited for a lengthy torso individual.

I used the Planted 6th Gen seat mount with OMP sliders. I had to mount the seat directly to the sliders to gain enough head/helmet space since I also have a sunroof making the available height 1" less.

I also wanted to retain all the OE seat belt components as well as keeping the other 9 airbags functional in the car. To do this I striped the Drivers seat harness out and used it as a template to design my own version that only contains the critical wiring for the SRS system. The car is a fully optioned 2016 2SS so seat heater/cooling is removed.

I designed a harness that defeats the airbag light and SRS system keeping the airbags functional.

Currently waiting to install the BK Auto harness bar and rear seat delete kit. Added some pics for those curious. Also thinking about making full SRS delete kits for both driver and passenger seats.

Anyone interested? PM me and if there is enough interest I'll dedicate the time to build the full delete kit or specific driver/passenger options.
Nice! I feel like this will generate a decent amount of interest to sell...
Old 04-07-2018, 10:33 PM   #41
FSST_LAP

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Definitely interested in a harness like that
FSST_LAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #42
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Sabelt GT 200s or bust. That carbon/honeycomb rear brace makes the fiberglass shell rock hard, no flex like usual fiberglass seats I had in past. Very comfy too and super light. Ohand the 4 belt pass throughs are awesome for us tall guys.
Attached Images