#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #113
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
Solo Live results have moved onto the Dixie Tour but looking at them earlier today, I saw that I had 2.1 to 2.2 60 ft's which was faster than you. IIRC, you had 2.2 and 2.3's?

Raw times in the rain during the same group of cars, Greg was dirty but did have faster raw times than you. I *believe* that my runs had more rain/standing water so I don't think they would be comparable. Regardless, thinking about it, the Goodyear G3's are only regional approved. I don't think you would be able to run those at Solo Nationals... However, I think everyone competing in a SS 1LE should rent a water truck and test out a rain setup... at least on the magna ride suspension.

One thing to note about Greg's car, which he wasn't aware of was the lack of front camber. Peters' SS 1LE was able to get -2.8 degrees of negative camber in the front. When he showed me the alignment final sheet, it showed -2.1 square. The "before" alignment showed -2.6 and -2.3 degrees. I suspect the front increase in camber would change the cars ability to put down power on that course but we will never know. The course only had 1 real turn around, which in the 5-6 non consecutive runs that I've had in a SS 1LE, corner exit typically was the main concern from the ELSD. I will say that the "1 real turn around" I was very tentative on exit.
Yeah...that may have come out with the wrong tone.

Wasn't try to imply I was faster than any of the AS/CAM guys in the 1LE at Pro.

Just trying to illustrate that conditions matter for the tire. The RE71s are magic in the dry, but bad in the wet.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #114
jwisjw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Yeah...that may have come out with the wrong tone.

Wasn't try to imply I was faster than any of the AS/CAM guys in the 1LE at Pro.

Just trying to illustrate that conditions matter for the tire. The RE71s are magic in the dry, but bad in the wet.
I didn't take it the "tone" in a boasting manner, just was clarifying what I saw, data wise.

IMO, the RE71R is a great tire in the wet, I've driven multiple of cars on them. I just don't think with the electronic suspension and that tire configuration mesh well. Might work better with a 285 in the front?
Old 03-18-2018, 11:18 PM   #115
jwisjw

Last event before the Fontana Pro Solo; wanted to make sure the car was good as I remembered. San Diego West Lot typically offers "brisk" courses depending on the club. Some are courses are lined with cones and others are not. Coming from a lower hp car, like a CRX or FR-S, it was really hard to embrace the "yeehaw" that these courses offered. Getting to experience this weekends course with the Camaro, it was quite nice... Really hope lower speeds elements, the car is good.

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R SD Champ DCCSD 3/18 Jeff
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R SD Champ DCCSD 3/18 Nicole
Old 03-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #116
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Last event before the Fontana Pro Solo; wanted to make sure the car was good as I remembered. San Diego West Lot typically offers "brisk" courses depending on the club. Some are courses are lined with cones and others are not. Coming from a lower hp car, like a CRX or FR-S, it was really hard to embrace the "yeehaw" that these courses offered. Getting to experience this weekends course with the Camaro, it was quite nice... Really hope lower speeds elements, the car is good.

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R SD Champ DCCSD 3/18 Jeff
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R SD Champ DCCSD 3/18 Nicole
depending on the course but the yeehawh doesn't always equate to a faster raw time lol
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:35 PM   #117
jwisjw

Finished up the Fontana Pro Solo this past weekend and was a little disappointed with course flow and symmetry (understandable with the light poles). If you combined the left side course, going out to the turn around with the right side exit of turn around to the finish, it would have been so much better. Each course had 2 pinch turns which 1 on each side caused a lot of DNF's due to severe surface bumps/undulations.

F street has a class locally but for whatever reason, participation is lacking when it comes to national events. So I ended up racing in bump class with another F-Street competitor in an E46 M3. Bad news coming up; seems like F-Street won't have a class either at the San Diego Match Tour so I might end up running CAM-C. The upside to this, would be to test out my 10"/11" SS 1LE Sized wheels.

Looks like Nicole might be staying in the C7 Grandsport for L1 Pro Solo. To me, it seems like the magnetic shock tuning isn't ideal for autocross use. The Grandsport from what I can gather is either is that settings wise, the shocks either have too much compression for the rebound needed. Sort of similar to the SS 1LE but the tuning seems to be already better out of the box package on the Grandsport however, still seems like a handful to drive especially on that lower grip surface. We shall see how things pane out with that car in the future though.

Edit: New favorite thing about Pro Solos in this car is the burn out box.

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Fontana Pro Solo Jeff
Pro Solo burn out Jeff
Pro Solo burn out Nicole
L1 SSR 2017 Chevrolet Grandsport Fontana Pro Solo Nicole

Last edited by jwisjw; 03-28-2018 at 08:48 PM.
jwisjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:49 PM   #118
apexit53

I swear this is like your 80th event and we haven’t even had one! Lol.

I’m just jealous I guess :p
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 03-29-2018, 10:08 AM   #119
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
seems like F-Street won't have a class either at the San Diego Match Tour so I might end up running CAM-C.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you're way too fast! Dang, now I gotta hope my co-driver can get 2nd place contingency.
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #120
jwisjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim202 View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you're way too fast! Dang, now I gotta hope my co-driver can get 2nd place contingency.
LOL, Tim, I get lucky sometimes. See you at the match tour!
Old 04-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #121
slvrsrpnt

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE

Did my 2nd Novice Class today and some runs on the Test n Tune set up as well. Lots to learn, and having some fun!

Nice to spin out and not worry about hitting anything hard!

https://youtu.be/AGf3O24qLY0
slvrsrpnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #122
jwisjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsrpnt View Post

Did my 2nd Novice Class today and some runs on the Test n Tune set up as well. Lots to learn, and having some fun!

Nice to spin out and not worry about hitting anything hard!

https://youtu.be/AGf3O24qLY0
Very nice! Test and tune are always my favorite because they do allow you to learn the most. People driving your car or riding with others to see aggression levels through features is huge. Keep at it!
Old 04-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #123
jwisjw

Autocross hangovers was strong this past week after the San diego match tour. Our car ended up running in CAM-C and ESP with our friend John Hogan (Owns the C7GS that Nicole is running in L1).

ESP trim consisted of worn 315 Hoosier A7's and I couldn't justify myself putting those on a 10/11" wheels. Since we are direct with MRR wheels, I picked up 19x11 square and used a hefty bolt on spacer for inner clearance. On a lower grip surface and age of tires, the Hoosiers lacked any rear grip and the whole weekend was spent chasing it. Turn in response and braking from what I'm told is a huge improvement still over street tires.

CAM-C setup was SS 1LE sized wheels which is 10"/11" with 285/305 Bridgestone RE-71R. Car did "feel" better on this lower grip surface (much better than Fontana) but wasn't a night and day difference. I will be honest, I was expecting more going from an 8.5" wheel to a 10" wheel in the front, given the weight. I'm thinking that I was expecting too much and maybe a Crows Landing test would suggest otherwise. Luckily the next national even this weekend is at Crows landing but planning on running our F Street setup.

Videos:

CAMC with SS 1LE Sized wheels 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R SD Match Tour 4/7-4/8 Jeff
E Street Prepared 2017 Camaro Worn Hoosier A7's SD Match Tour 4/7-4/8 Nicole
Old 04-12-2018, 07:30 AM   #124
apexit53

After seeing the car with wide wheels... it just doesnt look right with the stock widths anymore! lol

our 1st event was supposed to be this weekend but due to the fact that Wisconsin cant make up its mind about what weather it wants right now... its canceled. our short season gets shorter lol. Its supposed to be 38 degrees, rainy, and winds of 28mph lol.
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 04-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #125
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
You kicked our butts Jeff! Damn good job!

I need to learn how to avoid hitting cones.
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 AM   #126
AdvanSuper

Drives: 1SS HBM w/MRC NPP
Why am I only seeing HP Plus for the rear for our cars? What is everyone running front and rear for pads?
AdvanSuper is offline   Reply With Quote