Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2018, 01:38 PM   #57
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Thanks, 01pewterz28!
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:18 AM   #58
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAvitia View Post
I was hoping they mounted into the bumper like the real ZL1 1le but no. There are 2 small screws that you have to drill into the bumper with. But most of the mounting comes from them clamping into the peace where the drl went
the ZL1 1LE produces 300lbs. of downforce at top track speeds... lets say half of that comes from the rear spoiler.... which means a sizeable portion of the remainder must be produced by the canards.... I think GM mounts those in the bumper for that reason....

Do you think it would be possible to use larger bolts to get that anchored properly?....
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #59
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
the ZL1 1LE produces 300lbs. of downforce at top track speeds... lets say half of that comes from the rear spoiler.... which means a sizeable portion of the remainder must be produced by the canards.... I think GM mounts those in the bumper for that reason....

Do you think it would be possible to use larger bolts to get that anchored properly?....
Canards don't make 150+lbs downforce. But the downforce made in the front does effect the back. But I would imagine fronts at most make like 80, and even that would be really really optimistic. Look at the surface area of the wing, and how air moves around it, vs canards. Canards are tiny and they only really affect some of the air that's moving around the front of the car.
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:00 PM   #60
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
This is straight fire, I was waiting for this. I saw the 1le front on their site like last week and was hoping for someone to get this one their car, and found your car on google images. Looks so good man.

Ikon makes really nice stuff IMHO. I want to get a zl1 but realistically I'll probably just get an SS and throw this on there. It looks so good. Props for just doing it instead of making a million posts "should I buy this bumper LOL HAHAH"
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #61
wlsmoku

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
the splitter isn't so much like the 1le, but not a shabby piece and a lot cheaper than OEM
wlsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #62
smalltownguy

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
If any of you guys with an SS order this and want to sale me your stock bumper for a good deal, I'd love to work something out! Some tool bag just swiped my front driver side bumper and drove off, NO NOTE... NOTHING!!! GRRRR SCUM!!!! Anyways, I'm not sure I want to make mine look like a ZL1 but I would like to fix my bumper back to stock form. Damage wasn't that bad, just enough to tick me off! I'm in Las Vegas, PM if you have an SS bumper for a deal... if it's black already I'll pay more!
smalltownguy is offline   Reply With Quote