Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Any Work comp people here?

I back in mid Nov. I had an injury at my part time job. Long story short been going to the doctor during the day and using my sick time, from my full time employer.

I've got around 8 hours invested in doc appts so far. Shouldn't I be able to bill my part time employer for my sick leave that I'm burning up? Also at what pay scale should I be paid? My sick leave time is double what my part time job pays.

Thanks and feel free to pm me.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
I back in mid Nov. I had an injury at my part time job. Long story short been going to the doctor during the day and using my sick time, from my full time employer.

I've got around 8 hours invested in doc appts so far. Shouldn't I be able to bill my part time employer for my sick leave that I'm burning up? Also at what pay scale should I be paid? My sick leave time is double what my part time job pays.

Thanks and feel free to pm me.
i really dont think you can get one employer to pay you back for sick time your using at the other employer.
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
Exactly how is it that you think that you can bill your part-time employer for that? Also, you can only get workers comp if you are injured and can't work.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookemHorns View Post
Exactly how is it that you think that you can bill your part-time employer for that? Also, you can only get workers comp if you are injured and can't work.
^^This.
If you can work at your full time job, why can you not work at your part time job?
Old 12-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Ya,... I never said that I could not work. I kept working my pt job. I have been to several doc appts, have over 8 hours invested in this. My sick leave I've been using cost me $XX.XX amount of dollars per hour.

"29 CFR 785.43 lays out the following rules for employers that have employees in need of medical attention during working hours: “Time spent by an employee in waiting for and receiving medical attention on the premises or at the direction of the employer during the employee’s normal working hours on days when he is working constitutes hours worked.” This means that in those circumstances, employees must be paid for the time spent waiting for and receiving medical attention. Furthermore, those hours would count toward overtime for that workweek."

So my part job "Should be" paying for this time,... Not my Full Time employer. Thanks for all your help guys, I'll google this sort of stuff next time. Heck maybe I'll get a free cell phone from the gov'ment or some free cheese??
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Ya,... I never said that I could not work. I kept working my pt job. I have been to several doc appts, have over 8 hours invested in this. My sick leave I've been using cost me $XX.XX amount of dollars per hour.

"29 CFR 785.43 lays out the following rules for employers that have employees in need of medical attention during working hours: “Time spent by an employee in waiting for and receiving medical attention on the premises or at the direction of the employer during the employee’s normal working hours on days when he is working constitutes hours worked.” This means that in those circumstances, employees must be paid for the time spent waiting for and receiving medical attention. Furthermore, those hours would count toward overtime for that workweek."

So my part job "Should be" paying for this time,... Not my Full Time employer. Thanks for all your help guys, I'll google this sort of stuff next time. Heck maybe I'll get a free cell phone from the gov'ment or some free cheese??
I think you answered your own question.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
I'll google this sort of stuff next time. Heck maybe I'll get a free cell phone from the gov'ment or some free cheese??
Yeah. The imposter in the white mosque wants to put everyone on welfare/gubberment dole anyways.