Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #15
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I think the CTS-V has a better chance of being revealed in Detroit than the Camaro. Pretty sure it's coming with the LT4 judging from what Ive read on here. I thought GM said the Camaro wasn't being revealed in Detroit and that they had no plans for the reveal yet?
I remember GM being purposely vague not saying yes or no on Detroit...that was my take anyway. This was what...couple months ago...
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
YoungGun1993

Drives: Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
It's happening. 1/12.
I don't know more than anybody else but consider this...where was the concept unveiled? Detroit NAIAS. Convertible concept? Detroit NAIAS the following year. The 2010 production model? Warren.

I just have a hard time seeing them doing it elsewhere. What's the Muscle Car culture in New York like? Nothing compared to Detroit.

The only doubt comes from whether or not GM is really gonna pack the CTS-V, Volt, and Camaro all into one auto show, but I don't think doing so is far fetched at all.
YoungGun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #17
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun1993 View Post
I don't know more than anybody else but consider this...where was the concept unveiled? Detroit NAIAS. Convertible concept? Detroit NAIAS the following year. The 2010 production model? Warren.

I just have a hard time seeing them doing it elsewhere. What's the Muscle Car culture in New York like? Nothing compared to Detroit.

The only doubt comes from whether or not GM is really gonna pack the CTS-V, Volt, and Camaro all into one auto show, but I don't think doing so is far fetched at all.
The 2010 Camaro was not revealed at a show. It was a private event based on what I could find on Google. I guess they figured that's all that it needed with the concept being revealed earlier.

I would be surprised if GM wastes the prime time reveal slot on Volt with the Camaro still not being shown to the public.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #18
fradaj

Drives: RS
I would like to see the new Camaro in Detroit but I believe that the 2014 refresh and Z/28 were revealed in New York. We need an official rumor to confirm.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #19
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
I would like to see the new Camaro in Detroit but I believe that the 2014 refresh and Z/28 were revealed in New York. We need an official rumor to confirm.
A refresh isn't as big a deal as a new generation.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #20
YoungGun1993

Drives: Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The 2010 Camaro was not revealed at a show. It was a private event based on what I could find on Google. I guess they figured that's all that it needed with the concept being revealed earlier.

I would be surprised if GM wastes the prime time reveal slot on Volt with the Camaro still not being shown to the public.
It was revealed at an event at the Warren Technical (Engineering) Center, in Warren, MI - just north of Detroit. That's why I used it to support my belief that it will be at NAIAS.

Also IMO the Volt is HUGE for GM. Sure not from an income, volume, or market share perspective but it's existence creates a halo effect and generates (hopefully) good PR. They want people talking about their alternative energy options.
YoungGun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:38 PM   #21
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
The New York Auto Show is in April. If GM is going to launch this as a 2016 model, that's quite late. NAIAS makes more sense, at least in terms of generating hype.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #22
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Did you kids notice that the Chevy presentation is the VERY FIRST ONE scheduled for Monday, January 12? Coincidence? I think not.
http://naias.mediaroom.com/2014-12-1...edule-Released
This is key, Chevy is going first for a reason people. They want to make a big splash and not with a car like the Volt. Camaro revealing in t minus 30 days
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #23
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
I was not aware that Chevy had the opening slot. There is a reason for that.
Yeah...its going down in Detroit! HELL YEAH!!!!
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #24
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
There is some speculation that GM will be announcing/displaying several items at the Detroit show and are afraid that if they unveil the 6th gen, it'll draw too much attention from their other announcements that they want to be front and center.

Who knows.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #25
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
There is some speculation that GM will be announcing/displaying several items at the Detroit show and are afraid that if they unveil the 6th gen, it'll draw too much attention from their other announcements that they want to be front and center.

Who knows.
Thats possible. However, if they reveal the Volt, the CTS-V and 6gen Camaro, i dont think any of the cars will steal eachothers thunder. The Volt is for the treehuggers and to show people they are in the game. A game that could be a gamechanger in a few years time. The CTSV, i dont know exactly who their buyers are, but i suspect not too many people crosshop the caddy and camaro. They are 2 cars built for different purposes. 1 is a muscle car. The other is a luxury tourer, a BMW M5 fighter perhaps..

I honestly believe these 3 vehicles revealed at the same time would garner GM the maximum amount of attention available at the moment. It would call for all car freaks attention. Not "just" camaro lovers if they were revealed at different events at different dates, they would not gather as much hype.

Being that GM is the first to hold a press conference, i believe they take are going for the guns drawn approach. An all in strategy. Reveal, "sit back" for the rest of the event and watch what happens

Im so stoked.. Im positive they will reveal it 12/1
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #26
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
And let's not forget that Cadillac has its own event on Tues, Jan 13, so the CTS-V is a non-factor in all this.

The Chevy event is not going to be all about the Volt. The Volt is a niche product that most of the automotive world ignores. Almost no one cares. That's the hard truth.

Worry about the Cruze, not the Volt. The 2016 Cruze is an important, 'volume' product that could debut at NAIAS. But a version of the new Cruze has already debuted in China. And while the North America Cruze will apparently have some cosmetic changes (i.e., grill, fascia, et.), it's probably not going be THAT different. The new Cruze, no matter how important, is unlikely to be a car that sets the automotive world on fire.

The Camaro, on the other hand, has sex appeal.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #27
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I wonder what is Nissan's big "Brand Changing" announcement.. They are going back to being Datsun??
That's old news. They already have. They're just crappy econo-box cars though, nothing exciting. Not available in the US (yet?)

Fingers cross to get a 6th gen sighting next month!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #28
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wow...its crazy to think that the 6th gen could be revealed just a month from now.

As aside from camo'd cars....no leaks whatsoever. That's keeping a tight lip compared to the 7th gen Corvette.

So in a month I might be making the decision whether to keep, or sell my car.