Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #939
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Typical Ford fashion.
Must be about sales ... apparently the magazines will get access this Monday....
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 PM   #940
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
Man, I'm just a noob here doing some reading and learning on the 6gen platform, but you seem to have a strong dislike towards mustangs.

I don't doubt they ran a 12.0, got rained out, came back the next day with DRs and ran a 11.6.
Is it that obvious or are you just a genius? LOL! I find it funny how for being "just a noob here doing some reading and learning on the 6gen platform" you seem to have come straight to the Mustang vs Camaro comparison thread and have spent 99% of your time here and have seem to do nothing but stick up for the Mustang despite allegedly owning a 2012 SS. If you wanted to learn about the 6th Gen platform then you would have been asking questions instead of spending all your time defending Mustangs. So I see right thru the BS. And I find it particularly funny that everything negative I say about the Mustang, even in sarcastic jest, seems to get a response from you and not anyone else. So let me spell it out for you since you claim you're new here. I do not hate Mustangs. But I do think the S550 platform has been nothing short of an epic failure for the many reasons I have listed in the past. I even owned one for a year and saw the faults and issues and headaches and how everything has to be upgraded by the aftermarket just to keep up with the stock competitors. So I know a thing or two about them. And since you haven't (let's assume since you're driving a 12 SS) you can't even begin to understand why I feel that the S550s are trash. Now I realize that is my opinion and not many others feel that way. But I am on a Camaro site instead of a Mustang site and these are competitors. So on here I openly express my disdain towards the current GTs. So far this run by LMR has not proven anything to me except that a Mustang shop bought a GT, altered it, and ran a 12 flat and then claimed the title of having the fastest 18 GT which is retarded. If the GT does prove to be a good competitor to the SS and is proven by an unbiased source in a H2H then I will give Ford their props. But until then I'll say what I have to say. And for the record, the guys on M6G don't hold back a single thing when trash talking the Camaros. So don't expect me to either.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:14 PM   #941
RagingHawk

Me personally I consider 1/4 mile time as indicative of a car's straight line performance. A mid to low 12's means the car feels very fast in general and from a roll. That's all that matters to me. I don't care about drag racing and will never launch a car from a stop all the way to 1/4 mile on public roads. I certainly wouldn't do that much if I drove a manual either. Want to see how this Mustang drives from a roll. Seems like the Drag mode with aggressive gearing got it that 1/4 time. What's more important is the driving feel.

Still think it's overall a nice car. Both PP's look like nice cars. As expected they probably weren't going to match the 1LE but the PP2 is a nice package for a stiffer mustang for the road.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:18 PM   #942
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Is it that obvious or are you just a genius? LOL! I find it funny how for being "just a noob here doing some reading and learning on the 6gen platform" you seem to have come straight to the Mustang vs Camaro comparison thread and have spent 99% of your time here and have seem to do nothing but stick up for the Mustang despite allegedly owning a 2012 SS. If you wanted to learn about the 6th Gen platform then you would have been asking questions instead of spending all your time defending Mustangs. So I see right thru the BS. And I find it particularly funny that everything negative I say about the Mustang, even in sarcastic jest, seems to get a response from you and not anyone else. So let me spell it out for you since you claim you're new here. I do not hate Mustangs. But I do think the S550 platform has been nothing short of an epic failure for the many reasons I have listed in the past. I even owned one for a year and saw the faults and issues and headaches and how everything has to be upgraded by the aftermarket just to keep up with the stock competitors. So I know a thing or two about them. And since you haven't (let's assume since you're driving a 12 SS) you can't even begin to understand why I feel that the S550s are trash. Now I realize that is my opinion and not many others feel that way. But I am on a Camaro site instead of a Mustang site and these are competitors. So on here I openly express my disdain towards the current GTs. So far this run by LMR has not proven anything to me except that a Mustang shop bought a GT, altered it, and ran a 12 flat and then claimed the title of having the fastest 18 GT which is retarded. If the GT does prove to be a good competitor to the SS and is proven by an unbiased source in a H2H then I will give Ford their props. But until then I'll say what I have to say. And for the record, the guys on M6G don't hold back a single thing when trash talking the Camaros. So don't expect me to either.
Yep, they keep talking smack of how 'ugly' the Camaro is and how it is has a cheap interior. Even though I'd say it's the highest quality interior out of the three(Scat pack, GT, Camaro). The Camaro has sturdiest plastics and sturdy buttons, and the 1SS has much better cloth seats than the Mustang. Not to mention the rest of the package. The mustang interior looks good, the leather seats feel nice, the center console and buttons and door panels feel really cheap, however.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #943
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
agreed...terrible camera work for someone actually trying to record a pass
Totally agree. What kind of BS video was that. But why not just show the complete run like everyone else does. Not sure what to make of it. It sure sounded like the tires spun a lot at the launch.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:12 AM   #944
Speedofsound
Banned

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Meh, everything I want to know I'm sure has been discussed before. I'd rather search and read than to start threads.
Speedofsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:25 AM   #945
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The 12.0 run was with a pretty mediocre launch.

Face is boys the 18 GT is the real deal!

Exciting times for all of us and doesn’t make the Camaro any less impressive. Let’s just enjoy this

You know Al O and team Camaro aren’t sitting on their ass. I bet next gen has a 10 speed. 500 hp. And run low 11 stock
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:44 AM   #946
camaza

Drives: Toyota Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Yep, they keep talking smack of how 'ugly' the Camaro is and how it is has a cheap interior. Even though I'd say it's the highest quality interior out of the three(Scat pack, GT, Camaro). The Camaro has sturdiest plastics and sturdy buttons, and the 1SS has much better cloth seats than the Mustang. Not to mention the rest of the package. The mustang interior looks good, the leather seats feel nice, the center console and buttons and door panels feel really cheap, however.
How so? The door panel is heavy and soft touch and has leather all over it and metal handles/holds. Most of the switches are actual metal, buttons are plastic but thats usually the case. The center console I agree with.
camaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:36 AM   #947
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post

Exciting times for all of us and doesn’t make the Camaro any less impressive. Let’s just enjoy this

You know Al O and team Camaro aren’t sitting on their ass. I bet next gen has a 10 speed. 500 hp. And run low 11 stock
Agreed if the 12:00 bone stock and now and now mentioned 11:60s on tire are true, this car will be a beast. The scary part is how well the 5.0 responds to simple mods. Might be enough for me to have a look.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:59 AM   #948
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Agreed if the 12:00 bone stock and now and now mentioned 11:60s on tire are true, this car will be a beast. The scary part is how well the 5.0 responds to simple mods. Might be enough for me to have a look.
I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions yet. Word on the street is, the new ECU is harder to deal with and it's not known how optimized from the factory this new setup is.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #949
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
Meh, everything I want to know I'm sure has been discussed before. I'd rather search and read than to start threads.
Cool story and great way to dodge my statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post

I'm holding out until I see more details on the runs they made that day. And I'd like to see what the magazines have to say. I don't know how much you guys know about the Ford camp, but I been on their forums and pages for a long time. And I've seen how they exaggerate and sometimes straight up lie about what their cars do. We've even seen it here with people saying the 15-17s are deep in the 12s and other claims. I'll give them respect for getting it to do a 12 flat regardless. But I gotta see what it does on average including what other shops dyno the cars at. Until then I'm skeptical.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #950
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post

Not all that impressed. 6th gens have done exactly the same for several years now. Nice to see they've at least caught up though.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #951
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
Not all that impressed. 6th gens have done exactly the same for several years now. Nice to see they've at least caught up though.
2 != several...impressive though it may be
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #952
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
2 != several...impressive though it may be
16, 17, 18...3...3 model years...hence, "several" years.