Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #43
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Wow, that is one badass SS. While the hood might not be the first one I would pick for my car, I still really like its attitude and the 'Don't mess with me' look it brings to the table. Plus the carbon fiber is a super nice touch.

As far as the high rise, I say it is your car so do what you want as you have been. For you and many others it is about the look as much as anything and there's nothing wrong with that. Your car looks sick!

And if you do lose some bottom end numbers you can always do something else as you've said. At least you are doing SOMETHING that matters to you and at the end of the day, that is the only thing that matters at all.

I also really like the tires and especially the look of those 315s on there! Nice job! And if you are going to replace your exhaust, definitely long tube headers are the way to go. They will help immensely plus they also look damn nasty under the hood.

Good luck and keep us posted!
I really actually appreciate your comments. Thank you
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #44
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Which model Holley intake are you going to be using?
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #45
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Which model Holley intake are you going to be using?
Copied and pasted from Holley.

The new Holley EFI Hi-Ram intake provides the ultimate performance with the new GM direct injected Gen V 6.2L LT1 engine. The modular design of this manifold allows easy disassembly for custom porting, multiple tops, or custom induction systems. Each runner has a large radius where it meets the plenum, and optimized taper & cross-sectional area to perform in a wide variety of engine configurations. The optional injector bosses on the intake runners allow increased performance potential by using additional injectors along with the factory direct injection. When you look for the pinnacle of performance, price, and quality, look to Holley EFI.

https://www.holley.com/products/inta.../parts/300-141
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #46
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Copied and pasted from Holley.

The new Holley EFI Hi-Ram intake provides the ultimate performance with the new GM direct injected Gen V 6.2L LT1 engine. The modular design of this manifold allows easy disassembly for custom porting, multiple tops, or custom induction systems. Each runner has a large radius where it meets the plenum, and optimized taper & cross-sectional area to perform in a wide variety of engine configurations. The optional injector bosses on the intake runners allow increased performance potential by using additional injectors along with the factory direct injection. When you look for the pinnacle of performance, price, and quality, look to Holley EFI.

https://www.holley.com/products/inta.../parts/300-141
Wow! That is going to look awesome sitting under the hood. I can see why you bought the hood you did.

I look forward to seeing more of your build. Nice job.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #47
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Wow! That is going to look awesome sitting under the hood. I can see why you bought the hood you did.

I look forward to seeing more of your build. Nice job.
In 2014 I actually tried to buy your car "Z28", I missed the sale by a couple hours and tried to get the last new one up here in Canada but that fell thru too.

How's your car doing? Many miles one it? Did u track it.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #48
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
In 2014 I actually tried to buy your car "Z28", I missed the sale by a couple hours and tried to get the last new one up here in Canada but that fell thru too.

How's your car doing? Many miles one it? Did u track it.
I bought mine new last year - it had sat on a dealer's showroom for over a year! The car is a monster and makes no apologies for its attitude.

It's definitely set up for the track and the ride is fairly harsh with the DSSV dampers but I knew it wasn't a 'street' car to begin with so no harm there. I love it - it's unique, sounds wicked, and is a blast to drive. The 427 7.0 Liter LS7 is a monster and very responsive so with the 3.90 rear gears there is torque to be had everywhere in any gear.

I have never had it to the track and don't plan to at this point. I just enjoy driving it around. It currently has a little under 900 miles on it.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #49
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
I bought mine new last year - it had sat on a dealer's showroom for over a year! The car is a monster and makes no apologies for its attitude.

It's definitely set up for the track and the ride is fairly harsh with the DSSV dampers but I knew it wasn't a 'street' car to begin with so no harm there. I love it - it's unique, sounds wicked, and is a blast to drive. The 427 7.0 Liter LS7 is a monster and very responsive so with the 3.90 rear gears there is torque to be had everywhere in any gear.

I have never had it to the track and don't plan to at this point. I just enjoy driving it around. It currently has a little under 900 miles on it.
Oh man that is a sweet looking car and I know it sounds bad ass. Congrats

Only 900, awesome.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #50
Raven87
C'mon- really?

The heart of the beast...
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #51
mild2wild

Drives: 2017 1LE
If you'd like a foretaste of what the results will be using this high ram intake on the stock setup, take a look at Engine Masters' most recent video on motortrendondemand. They will sum up for you the effect of such an intake on stock cam and cubes.
mild2wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #52
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild2wild View Post
If you'd like a foretaste of what the results will be using this high ram intake on the stock setup, take a look at Engine Masters' most recent video on motortrendondemand. They will sum up for you the effect of such an intake on stock cam and cubes.
A link would be nice. Same engine as Lt1 and same Holley hose rise intake manifold?

I looked..... could not find it. Update I think this is the one u r talking about, buts its carb not EFI. But does give one an idea of what I will expect and fully know this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-XjDq2DcZk0

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 05-06-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #53
BlackbeastSS2

Test fiit today.

Test fit today.

Well it's no easy just bolt on and not for the faint of heart in regards to actually cutting and bending some rear fire wall metal.

Please ---- no I can believe u did that or you wrecked the back wall or warranty stuff or even its structural damaged.

It was jig saw cut, tin snips, hammer and bend. I will get some new weather stripping.

So the hood closed fine with test fit. I need to do the plumbing tomorrow and figure out a few things. I will have to get someone to help me extend the wiring stuff, I don't like electrical and never have soldder stuff. I might explore crimp on stuff. Fuel rails should not be a problem but I will have to figure out the throttle body control. It does not line up or match up. I may have to get a professional gear head to come and look at it.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2017, 06:25 AM   #54
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
I had a high rise on my 85 vette. 383 stroker with 3" exhaust. Anyway, it did not like to go under 25 MPH or under 3,000 RPM. I ended up changing it for something more suited to the street. But I will say when I laid the throttle down it was amazing.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:09 AM   #55
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Looking good so far! Pretty awesome actually.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #56
mild2wild

Drives: 2017 1LE
https://www.motortrendondemand.com/d...r-/0_ymn4ws9t/ is a link to the engine masters' video I referenced. You'll need to be logged in to view it, though. Sure they like to use carbs, but that's only because they are faster to tune up on the dyno for their purposes; and considering they have to do so after every part change, it makes sense.
mild2wild is offline   Reply With Quote