Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #141
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Underhood pics???

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #142
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Dude...the exhaust sounds sic! That alone would was worth it all. Nice build. Even more impressive, your determination and staying true and focused on the destination.
Thanks man, it's been a journey. Appreciate the comments.

I am officially, "Back in Black" now as AC/DC says. Took the wrap off today.
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:05 PM   #143
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
Underhood pics???
Under the hood pics. Can't wait to install 105 TB and change to a 105 top on tunnel ram. Then get my air filter squared away with a copo style air filter right in front of TB. I will have a Roto fab used air intake for sale. PM me if your interested in buying used Roto Fab in a few weeks. $225 US funds Firm and fair price.

Night owl love your signature!!!!! Sideways is for show, but so cool.
Attached Images

SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 08-30-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #144
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I could talk to 10 different people/mechanics and get 10 different routes to go via their advice and they all mean well in their thinking and path to performance.

Currently talking to a shop owner that does great work and has a drag car in the 8 sec range and he offers good advice. He has advised that the 105 top for tunnel ramp and 105 TB will reap benefits in the long run. His motto is each mod and part add on goes together and works together to make the performance work better.
If I just added a 105 to a stock Camaro it would do very little.

Just my thoughts and beliefs. Everyone is diff, if everyone did the same thing to their cars it would be a very boring world.
He is 100% correct in each part needs to compliment each other and work together for the best overall result. That's part of why I'm putting more power down than most with my short mod list. All of my parts play off of each other, all the way down to the cut on my cam. That's also why I mentioned the TB size upgrade would not yield much for you. So far none of your parts play off of each other. On the inside your motor, and the air it moves, is the same. The GM cam will not compliment your intake or the TB. Your build doesn't need the air, especially with that high rpm intake you have. If your engine was built to need that intake the TB would definitely be a good call. I know your thoughts on other's opinions and you're doing you own thing, so go with what you like. Hats all what matters in th long run. You aren't going for the orthodox approach, and that's cool. It's your car after all! It does look nice and it sounds great!
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #145
BlackbeastSS2

Update - added front air intake today.

I had called Copo Parts 3 times with messages and e mails. The owner does not answer his calls or e mails. I wanted the front Copo air intake from the Copo Patrts store. 3 months later I made my own.

Needed a MAF/Mass air tube with the opening to put in MAF. So I ended up ordering a tube and cutting to fit my application and drilling a hole for input tube. I bought a K&N air filter at local speed shop and lengthen my wires to MAF/Mass tube. I ended selling my Roto Fab on the fourm. I got a check engine light at the start, pulled the power at battery and it rebooted with no check engine light after an hour drive and a few restarts. Noticed and expected it to run a little rough after change in MAF/Mass relocation, only a touch. Will get tuner to smooth it out and check air/ fuel tables. Plan to add E85 next week and then dyno if tuner can get me in, will be interesting to see numbers but more interesting to see times at the track and that's where the proof will be will be in the build.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2017, 07:04 AM   #146
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Update - added front air intake today.

I had called Copo Parts 3 times with messages and e mails. The owner does not answer his calls or e mails. I wanted the front Copo air intake from the Copo Patrts store. 3 months later I made my own.

Needed a MAF/Mass air tube with the opening to put in MAF. So I ended up ordering a tube and cutting to fit my application and drilling a hole for input tube. I bought a K&N air filter at local speed shop and lengthen my wires to MAF/Mass tube. I ended selling my Roto Fab on the fourm. I got a check engine light at the start, pulled the power at battery and it rebooted with no check engine light after an hour drive and a few restarts. Noticed and expected it to run a little rough after change in MAF/Mass relocation, only a touch. Will get tuner to smooth it out and check air/ fuel tables. Plan to add E85 next week and then dyno if tuner can get me in, will be interesting to see numbers but more interesting to see times at the track and that's where the proof will be will be in the build.
Your car is nasty. I love everything about it and I must admit I'm glad you took that wrap off - I thought it just didn't go with the overall theme. It was unique, yes - but for me it did not work. Maybe it was the green, I don't know... it just did not seem to 'add' to the car and was overall very distracting from the front end which is the most impressive view of the entire vehicle.

The exhaust sound is intoxicating. I admire all you did and know it was a TON of work and some rework but it has really paid off.

Congratulations on a super tight build. You should be very proud of it!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #147
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Your car is nasty. I love everything about it and I must admit I'm glad you took that wrap off - I thought it just didn't go with the overall theme. It was unique, yes - but for me it did not work. Maybe it was the green, I don't know... it just did not seem to 'add' to the car and was overall very distracting from the front end which is the most impressive view of the entire vehicle.

The exhaust sound is intoxicating. I admire all you did and know it was a TON of work and some rework but it has really paid off.

Congratulations on a super tight build. You should be very proud of it!
Thanks Steve, I have to do some driving videos with it wide open. It's kind of very hard to describe other then u could just keep driving and not turn on the radio and enjoy the roar/tone of the engine. Your right about the green, especially coming from you in regards to your beautiful black Z28.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #148
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Looks great!! Love that front mount air intake.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #149
BlackbeastSS2

Had to redo the wiring for MAF sensor, had a low voltage check engine light on. Soons as I did the re-wire the code went away and the idle smooth out.

Here is a link to a video of cold start on car.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iP9CAk742lI
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2017, 11:38 PM   #150
BlackbeastSS2

Fall/Winter Update

Well today I added some exhaust cut outs for the spring track days. I also reconfigured my rear exhaust system. The exhaust was simply to loud for street use and that’s why I added the cut outs for the track. I added flowmaster moderate mufflers that did the trick for street use and got rid of the flowmaster outlaw mufflers. So to recap I have no cats, kooks longtube headers, 3 inch stainless steel, no AFM or mod valves or NPP valves which I totally deleted. The car is still plenty loud. I will get some videos up soon.

My winter project this winter is to add a Procharger, NOS system for the Holley High Rise with a stand alone fuel system. E85 with a upgraded fuel pump. Meth and water tank. Probably high stall added to the mix too.

Then work out the kinks with the tuner and the testing starts to make the system run as smooth as I can get it.

And yes I know I am changing my mind about keeping it a NA Build, I have a target in mind to reach and just will not get there if I stay NA.
Attached Images

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 11-02-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:11 AM   #151
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Pro charger. NOS. Stock bottom end ?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:47 AM   #152
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Pro charger. NOS. Stock bottom end ?
The plan is to keep it at around 750 hp. So I may only need a 50 NOS shot if the Procharger delivers there rated 170 HP added spec. The stock bottom end should be fine at that HP.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #153
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
You may have answered this or addressed it in an earlier post but, did you keep the stock converter with this build?
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #154
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
You may have answered this or addressed it in an earlier post but, did you keep the stock converter with this build?

Still with stock converter and no problems. High stall maybe in the future, had one on another car in the past and the high stall did not last that long. Maybe just unlucky with that converter but the feeling has not gone away and so far very happy with A8 and stock converter.