Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #43
RexZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
It would be nice to have ADJUSTABLE ride height so I could go low at the track and high on the streets. Maybe if Chevy RandD is watching they can consider it in the future.
RexZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #44
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexZL1 View Post
It would be nice to have ADJUSTABLE ride height so I could go low at the track and high on the streets. Maybe if Chevy RandD is watching they can consider it in the future.

x2
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #45
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
We have been handling these on a per case basis with Pfadt. It does require your cores or a set of cores for modification. I will get you guys some better answers this morning as a followup!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #46
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
So what happened with this product and what happened with the followup?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #47
G Money

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2016 Denali HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
So what happened with this product and what happened with the followup?
+1
G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #48
Matt @ FSP

I will get an update today. I know they have done a few sets already, it does require your coilovers to be modified.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #49
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
I will get an update today. I know they have done a few sets already, it does require your coilovers to be modified.
Two questions:
  1. Do they have cores in stock (i.e. I pay a core charge when I buy a set and that gets refunded once Pfadt receives my OEM coilovers)
  2. How much lighter are these than the stock coilovers?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #50
G Money

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2016 Denali HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Two questions:
  1. Do they have cores in stock (i.e. I pay a core charge when I buy a set and that gets refunded once Pfadt receives my OEM coilovers)
  2. How much lighter are these than the stock coilovers?
+1
G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #51
Matt @ FSP

Hey guys got some news back from the the guys over at Pfadt. Unfortunately they are not going to pursue the product any further from where they are now. There are a few cars running these right now, but the cost vs. interest is just not there. However, there are plenty of ZLs running the full Pfadt production coilover, but yes you will have to give up the mag-ride suspension in favor of the coilover.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #52
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
I read all the posts thinking that it was close. It seemed like there was interest,although the company Cited the reason for the product to be drop was lack of interest from the consumer. I read posts from other owners on many different websites and forums showing what seemed like a lot of interest..maybe there is another reason that they are halting production...If they had already spend the money for the R&D, equipment to manufacture them,as well as already producing some sets,it would make no sense that they couldn't just make sets as they are ordered.. other companies do that with certain products from their catalog..
Unless the system was not ready for the masses and still needed R&D to really function as promised..
If they were able to produce sets and sell them to some of their customers,they have already given them a price,so it sure might of helped if they released that pricing,and the specs from those customers orders to help increase the interest they claimed was not there to continue the project....
I for one as I am sure other consumers like to be able to look at the product,compare pricing,vs performance gain etc...before committing to either purchasing or showing a real interest to a vendor.Its a shame to those that really wanted this system later down the road.Those that want to be able to compete in all forms of racing know that the mag ride cant do it.While its a great system there are other systems that work better because of the adaptability that a coil over system has..Ie that's the reason the Z28 has a coil over system with F1 technology behind it..AS well as some of those Camaro's that are really setting low ET's at the track have replace the rear's with coil overs.
We are just going to have to be happy with one of if not the best suspension installed in a street car,knowing that it was designed to be a street car first,and that ride & comfort was one of the main reason for the system...I for one think its a great system,and it has served any purpose I have needed so far...
It was a great try anyway on their behalf,as we all know they produce great products,not everything can always work out.thanks for all the info
Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #53
Joe P

Drives: 01 Camaro SS 12 ZL1 Camaro
Sorry to hear that, I believe when the feeler went out the idea was as new as the cars. Now that the ZL1 owners have had time to use their vehicles the opinions have probably changed, I know mine has. I recommend maybe one more time, poll the masses and see what you come up with.
Joe P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #54
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I would have bought a set. I don't think we are getting the whole story? There are owners with them on their cars already? There's no signing of a non disclosure agreement is there? I wanted to hear the feedback on the system.

ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #55
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
I wonder if they determined that the stock mag ride was equal to or better than what they came up with, dunno? I also didn't realize that it was a 'feeler' per se myself as it didn't feel that way to me lol. I was waiting for some specs/price info and since neither happened I can only assume I'm right.

Now that I've had some track time I was hoping to do some things suspension wise to improve what GM has already done well. This one being an option that I won't be able to see come to fruition. I really don't want to give up the PTM modes so I guess they will actually be losing money since I won't buy the coilovers since I'd lose PTM and I've personally not had enough track time to know how to properly set the adjustable coilovers anyways.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #56
CHMuscleCamaro

Drives: Camaro ZL1 Jg. 2012, M6, black
hello

are here any news to get a coilover for the mag ride?

thank you
CHMuscleCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote