Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
KSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looking for Headers w/ my Borla ATAK

Hey guys, looking for some opinions, currently have a Borla ATAK Catback just looking to get some thoughts on which headers would sound nice with the ATAK and how much of a difference in loudness it would be, thanks!
KSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
They ALL will sound nice. As far as specific brands...you can find clips all over Youtube. If I were to do headers again, I'd probably go with a 2 inch set-up. I'm not gonna throw out any specific brand names because it comes down to personal preference...and everyone is gonna just recommend the brand they personally bought or are planning to buy anyway. But I'd say go with a 304 stainless steel long-tube header with at least a 1-7/8th inch primary size. No one brand will offer any significant hp/tq gains over another so keep that in mind. And whichever brand you do get, you can't really go wrong. They all fit well, sound good, and install easily. And shop around...some places will give you good deals but still look around to make sure you're getting the best deal.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just hope you realize that getting LTH with the Atak system is going to be obnoxiously loud. Hopefully thats something you are looking forward to.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #4
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
Absolutely retarded loud.

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
They ALL will sound nice. As far as specific brands...you can find clips all over Youtube. If I were to do headers again, I'd probably go with a 2 inch set-up. I'm not gonna throw out any specific brand names because it comes down to personal preference...and everyone is gonna just recommend the brand they personally bought or are planning to buy anyway. But I'd say go with a 304 stainless steel long-tube header with at least a 1-7/8th inch primary size. No one brand will offer any significant hp/tq gains over another so keep that in mind. And whichever brand you do get, you can't really go wrong. They all fit well, sound good, and install easily. And shop around...some places will give you good deals but still look around to make sure you're getting the best deal.
This nails it.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
paultheman2007
SWFLGENS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
Absolutely retarded loud.
When you mean retarded loud is that a bad thing ? Don't some of us want that loudness like Im thinking its so loud it don't sounds good. What about coresa exhaust

SWFLGENS on facebook.
paultheman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
it will be loud that's for sure! but all the brands will sound the same, i would first pick what size primary's you are wanting, 1 3/4, 7/8, 2'' than go with cats or no, and finally coated or not. If you have any questions please let me know via pm, email, or call and i will gladly go over every option and explain all the differences. we carry all the brands out there!
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
I have Borla ATAK and went with Borla Shorty headers because of the advice from my mechanic. I know I didn't take advantage of the higher HP gains by not doing long tubes and high flow cats, but I didn't want to take a chance. My mechanic said I would not be happy with the sound going with long tubes on the ATAK system. I've not heard an ATAK system with long tubes so I can't say what it sounds like. I'm really happy with my setup though, ATAK, Borla shorties, stock cats, and a tune of course.

Maybe someone with long tubes on this system will chime in.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Rockey33

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro SS
I have the Borla ATAK catback. I went with Dynatech LT headers with high flow cats. They were recommended by the performance shop I go to. I could not be happier. At cruising speeds it is not loud or annoying. When I get on it it turns heads and makes me smile! In fact my sister heard me going through the gears approx. 3/4 of a mile away one night. It has a noticeable power increase but I also had it tuned and added a CAI.
Rockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
If you want the most HP/TQ I suggest the LG Super Pros. They sound great with Borlas too.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
paultheman2007
SWFLGENS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Yea I want it to be loud but sound good not annoying or raspy like a V6 trying to be a v8 no offense like if I pass someone and they not paying attention I scare them

SWFLGENS on facebook.
paultheman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
Chavira2009

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Hurst RJT
Let me start by saying that I have ARH 1 7/8 in and Borla atak, and yea it is loud, but not obnoxious like mentioned. It is a nice loud, if you know what i mean. When you get on it, then yea it is LOUD!!!
Chavira2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
The brands as stated will all sound about the same. The Atak is a loud exhaust, and the headers will make it a bit louder. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Let me add to what I posted earlier. I think you're getting good advice here. The Borla Atak exhaust is the loudest exhaust in their line up. In my experience with mine, the Borla Shorty headers didn't really increase the loudness of the exhaust, but it did make it sound better, IMO. Hard to explain. I'm sure the tune helped as well.

I think going with Long Tube headers will increase the loudness, but whether or not it's too loud, you'll have to be the judge. If you've watch the video of the Atak exhaust on Borla's website, mine with Shorties sounds like that. If you want it a little louder, then go with Long Tube and High Flow Cats.

My mechanic thought I would not like it, but I think I would have been okay with it a little louder and enjoyed the extra HP gained from it.

Hows that for confusion!

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote