Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #267
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You can't do a refresh when you switch platforms.
You really get caught up on semantics - I think he means something similar to the C6-C7 transition in regards to styling changes.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #268
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
You really get caught up on semantics - I think he means something similar to the C6-C7 transition in regards to styling changes.
Perhaps.

I'm not even going to guess as to what the 6th gen will look like. It will be more aerodynamic, thats a given. It will probably be a little smaller, but with a bit more glass (improving the oft complained about visibility). But as to what previous generation (if any) it will resemble ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #269
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Perhaps.

I'm not even going to guess as to what the 6th gen will look like. It will be more aerodynamic, thats a given. It will probably be a little smaller, but with a bit more glass (improving the oft complained about visibility). But as to what previous generation (if any) it will resemble ...
Then people will complain that it's not aggressive looking anouth, there's not enough room inside, and doesn't have the cool "chopped" look anymore.

By "people", I mean the reviewers.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #270
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
.... Since the 2010 refresh there hasn't been much resemblance to the old cars, aside from a handful of design cues that keep it instantly recognizable as a Mustang.
the 2010+ mustangs look more like the old ones than ever before especially since they added those curves on the rear quarters. All the proper styling cues are there. The 2010+ version makes the previous version look obsolete and half-assed.

MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #271
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Then people will complain that it's not aggressive looking anouth, there's not enough room inside, and doesn't have the cool "chopped" look anymore.

By "people", I mean the reviewers.
There have been plenty of Camaro5 members (who I presume are mostly Camaro enthusiasts in one way or another, something which I wouldn't claim for the average journalist) that have said the Camaro is too big, too heavy, and too hard to see out of.

Styling ... well, it may lose a bit of the chopped look, but there are other ways to make the car look cool too.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #272
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
There have been plenty of Camaro5 members (who I presume are mostly Camaro enthusiasts in one way or another, something which I wouldn't claim for the average journalist) that have said the Camaro is too big, too heavy, and too hard to see out of.
But it's not. I reject others' reality and substitute my own.

Seriously, though -- I do believe many complaints stem from a lack of real ones to focus on...that doesn't make them any less valid...but they're not catastrophic - I mean look at sales figures.

I pray the Camaro team recognizes some of these compromises are, in fact, what SELL the car...you can't please everyone.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #273
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
But it's not.

Seriously, though -- I do believe many complaints stem from a lack of real ones to focus on...that doesn't make them any less valid...but they're not catastrophic - I mean look at sales figures.

I pray the Camaro team recognizes some of these compromises are, in fact, what SELL the car...you can't please everyone.
Oh, I agree. You know that I've been claiming that the added weight pretty much helps as much as it hurts -if not more so. And I personally think that poor visibility is practically inherent to any new car I've been in. My Grand Am was far easier to see out of (new for 99) than the Cobalts, G5's, and G6's I was cross-shoping against (new for '04, '04, and '05 respectively). I've had the same problem with my parents 08 Aurora, my cousin's 08 G8, and my brothers 09 HHR (perhaps its just a GM thing ... meh). Anyway, I don't think too many will complain if the next gen Camaro is a little easier to see out of, a little more efficient, and a little more nimble -as long as these things don't hurt other areas too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I reject others' reality and substitute my own.
Adam, quite screwing around

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #274
maverickmage

Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post

Front end on that "concept" isn't that great looking imo...
Anyone else thinks that the front resembles a face that would fit in well in the movie Cars?

While retro is cool, they've already done the blast from the past thing with our gen. I hope they try for a new design and direction with the next gen instead of continually rehashing past designs.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #275
trubigdogwarrior

Drives: 70 1/2
Smile CAMARO SS70

THE QUOTE BELOW IS LUDICRIS. Honestly, this is the best concept yet. after the 70s... thus far the cars have looked like everything else out on the road. Everything out there is plastic and fake, its about time cars started to have character again. the concept camaross70 is perfect in my opinion, its got the character of the older "real" cars with the pleasure "fake" of the newer cars. pleases everyone. i personally dont understand why anyone likes these fake new cars, im hands down a muscle car girl all the way. but to each their own. i would buy this car, if it was made available. i hate fake new cars but this is a must have in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmage View Post
Anyone else thinks that the front resembles a face that would fit in well in the movie Cars?

While retro is cool, they've already done the blast from the past thing with our gen. I hope they try for a new design and direction with the next gen instead of continually rehashing past designs.
trubigdogwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #276
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
I'm not reading through 11 pages of post to find out, but I don't understand why the 6th generation coming out in 2016 will come out in as little as 36 months when 2016s will be selling in less than 24 months? Also, I don't know what kind of validity this SS70 has as a concept vehicle but it's absolutely horrible looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
From GMI comes this enticing tidbit...

Next-Gen 6.2L availability?!

Apparently...

Stay Tuned...
Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #277
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by first one View Post
I'm not reading through 11 pages of post to find out, but I don't understand why the 6th generation coming out in 2016 will come out in as little as 36 months when 2016s will be selling in less than 24 months? Also, I don't know what kind of validity this SS70 has as a concept vehicle but it's absolutely horrible looking.
Check the date of the original post: December 21, 2011. Thats 3 years and a little more than a week away from January 2015 -the earliest a 2016 model could go on sale.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 10-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #278
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Count me as excited, but worried to see what it'll look like.

God help us if it's what the "Trannyformers 4" glimpse was.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #279
Camaro68396

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Demon View Post
I know the the 6th gen will be a good looking car but I just don't think it will look better the 5th gen. We will have to wait and see but I hope gm can prove me wrong.
I agree, No G6 Camaro will look as good as the G1, G2, and G5 Camaros. I do hope the G6 Camaro will be inspired by the 2nd Generation Camaros.
Why doesn't GM (or Chevrolet) just make the Camaro like it used to be made. Stylish body (retro looking), big engine, and LOTS OF HORSEPOWER!! Heck, the 1969 ZL1 COPOs did the 1/4 mile in 11 seconds. Thats freckin fast, even in todays standards and that was with a naturally aspirated big block 427. Lots of old engines could be brought back and put in the newer Camaros of course with a little tuning here and there. 350s, 396s, 402s, 302s (Ford already beat Chevy to this one), 454s, 427s, etc.

Parents rides:
1968 Camaro SS 396
1971 Chevy Custom Camper 20 pickup

Last edited by Camaro68396; 11-07-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Camaro68396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #280
Camaro68396

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post

Front end on that "concept" isn't that great looking imo...
I really hope the G6 Camaro will look similar to this.

Parents rides:
1968 Camaro SS 396
1971 Chevy Custom Camper 20 pickup
Camaro68396 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation