Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #43
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
When are you leaving since you hate the American culture?
Quick, someone get him a straw man!
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #44
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
If everyone carried, criminals would be MUCH more hesitant to start crap.

I keep an umbrella, a first aid kit, a small tool set, my lug key, always has my USB cable plugged up. Need to add a few more things.

I would keep my Ruger SR9 with me, but can't carry them on base. I take it on long trips though.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #45
Cam_Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
If everyone carried, criminals would be MUCH more hesitant to start crap.
This is the single biggest logical fallacy of most people who carry weapons on their person.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #46
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
this will get good .....
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #47
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
Because (and there's no way for me to say this without being offensive), I don't trust you with a gun any more than I trust a criminal with a gun. I don't know you, and I hate the American culture of thinking carrying around a gun can protect you from something.

And carrying guns in cars increase the risk of fatal road rage incidents for absolutely no reason.
Oh my.......maybe lay off the koolaid and better stay out of Arizona

I worry about crazy drivers and doctors more than some law abiding citizen carrying a firearm, crazy drivers and doctors will kill you.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #48
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
This is the single biggest logical fallacy of most people who carry weapons on their person.
No it is just a fact.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #49
Cam_Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedOUTSS610 View Post
this will get good .....
No it won't, because I'm not going to argue with him.

There's already a brick wall nearby waiting for me to come slam my face against it until I'm rendered unconscious.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #50
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Here we go!!!

hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #51
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
don't forget the key to your wheel locks carefully hidden
That, and I also have my torque wrench in the trunk. I had the lugs loosen up one time and check them periodically.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:14 PM   #52
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
My .02

Evil is in this world. It may take the form or a criminal or someone with really bad road rage or whatever. When it comes to my family, I will do what it takes to protect them at all cost. That is my role as a husband is to protect my family.

Also most crime stats show that increased CHL holders also usually shows a decrease in overall crime because the criminals now have to fear the potential victim just a little bit.

My logic is if you do not like guns, fine, don't by them. But it does not take away my right to have them. If you afraid of the gun and not the person wielding it, you are in for a shock. My guns have not shot anyone and they remain unsupervised most of the time. It is the person behind the tool that causes the problem/issue.

I am a very well balanced, law abiding citizen, who also is able to and has the ability to enjoy my second amendment privileges just as you are excercising your right to free speech to disagree. That is how it works.

Evil will find a way, no matter the tool, no matter the circumstance, that is my belief. I choose to be prepared. If I have to die to protect my family, done, I will do that. But you will be in a for a fight as I will not go quietly into that goodnight.

It is a fallacy argument to assume that everyone with a gun is a time bomb waiting to happen. As I said before, the most engagement mine have had has been against paper.

Please do not misinterpret this, I am not flaming you at all. I respect that you feel afraid that I may have the ability to enjoy my second amendment rights. I also respect that you have the right to disagree. It does not make you right, me wrong, me right and you wrong. We are at an impasse in our beliefs. That is fine. But your fear does not limit my ability to have the capacity to protect me and mine.

Best stance on this, if you don't like guns, cool, don't buy any. That leaves more ammo for those of us that do!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #53
Cam_Cam

Oh no, I like guns, I have guns, I just don't agree with carrying them in your car or on your person when you're going to Kroger. Big difference. The NRA stance that an armed population decreases crime is based on ONE un-sourced "study" written by ONE guy, and tries to stand up to hundreds of studies over the years that show the exact opposite.

But hey, who am I to judge I guess. It's not like America follows any of the other norms associated with other civilized western countries, so I wouldn't expect us to follow regulations on guns either.

Just remember that Rome was unwilling to adapt to an ever changing world and paid the price.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #54
67Builder
White knuckled & smiling

Drives: '17 ZL1 AKA Perfection!
So,
Back to the topic.

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings
67Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #55
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Well I can tell you I work around some of the worst felons in NY State and the only deterrent for them is that there victims may have a gun. They couldn't care less about cops or going to prison.
I do believe that there should be training involved with owning a gun.
I think you may be getting your infor from msnbc and cnn.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 08-19-2015 at 11:37 PM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #56
Cam_Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Builder View Post
So,
Back to the topic.
Sorry for thread jacking.

Gum
Badge for work
Registration/proof of insurance (which I will never understand the need for)
Snow brush (yes I know it's August)
Sweater
Gloves
Blanket
$5-$10 in singles in case i need it in a pinch
Phone Charger
Passport (keep it in there because I live close to Canada)