Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #1
Gen6

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Some BS that Dealer Gave me today!

Long story short, I ordered a car 8 weeks ago, with the GFX and illuminated footwell. Car came in on time and dealer was great in communicating with me as the order progressed. Today I was told the car is ready so I got all my docs together, printed the new car check list and off to the dealer. They pull the car around and I see the GFX parts, except for the rear valence. I asked my salesman about it and he brings the service guy who is pretty cocky and he tells me "I tried to put it on but because you have NPP the valence wont fit, I have to modify or break it to get it to fit." I tell him he is wrong and show him some pictures of other cars with NPP and GFX. He tells me he doesn't know how they got it on, in the pictures, because it was impossible for him. My answer was, how would GM charge 2k for a body kit that wont fit the car? He had no answer to that!!
Nevertheless, I refused to take delivery, as much as I loved the car. Told them Im not paying for a car that is not complete, has anyone else with GFX run into this issue?

They are going to call GM and figure out if they have a wrong part, I doubt that is the issue.

Past: 2017 2SS | Auto| Garnet Red Tintcoat | Adrenaline Red | 6 Piston Brembos | MRC | NPP | Illuminated Front Bowtie | Sunroof | Navigation | Ground effects | Dark tail lights
Gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Good call on refusing delivery.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
You made the right call, I hope the issue gets sorted out.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Removing the rear bumper cover to swap them was too much work for him. He's pissed now that he has to do it. Look the car over well when you pick it up.

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Removing the rear bumper cover to swap them was too much work for him. He's pissed now that he has to do it. Look the car over well when you pick it up.
This^^^

Good call though, I hope they make it right for you good luck!
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #6
Wireeater

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT PP
It surprises me that big businesses allow people like this to work for them. If you can't do your own job why are you there?
Wireeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #7
Gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Good point, I watched Sledehammer's video when he installed his, and yes, there is a good amount of work involved, but 2K+ is a lot of money as well. Also, it shouldn't be as hard for them with all the tools and lifts that they have. Pretty sure, laziness is the case. Funny thing is, I'm not sure what they had in mind when they decided to not to put that part on the car, I mean c'mon, they really think someone would buy an incomplete car!!!!

Past: 2017 2SS | Auto| Garnet Red Tintcoat | Adrenaline Red | 6 Piston Brembos | MRC | NPP | Illuminated Front Bowtie | Sunroof | Navigation | Ground effects | Dark tail lights

Last edited by Gen6; 08-18-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:45 PM   #8
Husker67

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS 1LE Wild Cherry
There are a lot of idiots out there in the work force. And then they think they should get raises and promotions. God help us!!!
Husker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #9
tcal780

Drives: 16 1SS White M6
Inexcusable. I would NEVER go back to that dealer, even if the nearest was 100 miles away.
tcal780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #10
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I wouldn't buy that car from them A holes even if they get it installed and credit you back the cost of it. Good customer service means tons to me and they don't have it. There are many different and better ways they could have handled it. Idiots
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Gen6,
Sorry that happened to you. That really sucks. Your dealer NEEDS to make this right for you. No excuse for this type of treatment!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:05 PM   #12
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6 View Post
Long story short, I ordered a car 8 weeks ago, with the GFX and illuminated footwell. Car came in on time and dealer was great in communicating with me as the order progressed. Today I was told the car is ready so I got all my docs together, printed the new car check list and off to the dealer. They pull the car around and I see the GFX parts, except for the rear valence. I asked my salesman about it and he brings the service guy who is pretty cocky and he tells me "I tried to put it on but because you have NPP the valence wont fit, I have to modify or break it to get it to fit." I tell him he is wrong and show him some pictures of other cars with NPP and GFX. He tells me he doesn't know how they got it on, in the pictures, because it was impossible for him. My answer was, how would GM charge 2k for a body kit that wont fit the car? He had no answer to that!!
Nevertheless, I refused to take delivery, as much as I loved the car. Told them Im not paying for a car that is not complete, has anyone else with GFX run into this issue?

They are going to call GM and figure out if they have a wrong part, I doubt that is the issue.
Good call refusing. But it's probably they got the gfx for a non npp car and didn't know any better. Yours may not have arrived yet. It took 2 weeks for my red knee pads to arrive. I just took delivery and picked mine up later because the install is easy on those. But I'd bet something like that happened
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:09 PM   #13
Gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Gen6,
Sorry that happened to you. That really sucks. Your dealer NEEDS to make this right for you. No excuse for this type of treatment!
Thanks man. Yeah I hope so too. My salesman has been really good so far, but this whole thing today was a set back. I'm all about second chances, so Ill give them one more chance, otherwise will find one on a lot from another dealer. I love the car, but love my hard earned money more :-) so no hurry.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:43 PM   #14
Gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchittd View Post
Good call refusing. But it's probably they got the gfx for a non npp car and didn't know any better. Yours may not have arrived yet. It took 2 weeks for my red knee pads to arrive. I just took delivery and picked mine up later because the install is easy on those. But I'd bet something like that happened
That could very well be the problem. To be honest I didnt know that there is a non NPP version of the gfx. It is mind blowing that no one in a chevy dealership's service department knew that, and instead they tried to give me the BS that it won't fit. I know the kit is there because they have the front piece and the rockers installed.