Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
Opticflare9

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
Extreme leg pain driving new Camaro

Hi all..

Posted a few weeks ago about my new Camaro purchase.. unfortunately I'm having a extremely difficult time with the car and tonight really kind got me fed up.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have a 2015 Camaro 2LS and driving the car is giving me extreme pain in my right leg (my driving leg). It has gotten progressively worse. When I first bought the car, I noticed the pain in my leg within the few days of driving it, I thought I would get used to it or find a correct seating position, well it has only gotten worse.

Each day my leg is in dull pain and it gets worse and worse driving it. Now I am to the point to where I dread driving the car, and after tonight my upper knee/thigh area is in so much pain I had to put a heating pack on it and I'm walking around with a small limp.

I'm 5'9 and weigh a little over 200lbs. I have tried adjusting the seat a million ways, I've driven with the seat up high, down all the way, close to the wheel, and far back. It's only in my thigh/upper knee area. My back feels fine, everything else feels fine. The pain starts throbbing and it's very dull. When I first had the car it would set in the first 5-10 minutes of solid driving, now it always happens because my leg hasn't had time to heal. I also have no other car so I'm kind of screwed.

I've never had this problem. I previously owned a Nissan Altima and Chevrolet Impala and never ever had this problem, I always had comfort while driving. I have no idea what is causing this with the Camaro. It's only my driving leg, and only when I am operating the pedals. I am just at a total loss. I've tried googling, I've tried looking through countless youtube videos on how to sit in a car properly. Nothing has helped. I can't even drive the car and I fear for my health at this point. I wish I could return the car but the dealer I bought it from basically said I could just trade it in. I don't know how to escalate that situation. But I am not blaming the dealer, it is not their fault, neither myself or them could of saw this coming, and I of course had no idea it would happen without an extended test drive, but this is driving me crazy.

I'm grasping for straws here. Everyday now my thigh and knee hurts so bad, if anyone has any advice whatsoever. I would be grateful.

Thanks.
Opticflare9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:58 PM   #2
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opticflare9 View Post
Hi all..

Posted a few weeks ago about my new Camaro purchase.. unfortunately I'm having a extremely difficult time with the car and tonight really kind got me fed up.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have a 2015 Camaro 2LS and driving the car is giving me extreme pain in my right leg (my driving leg). It has gotten progressively worse. When I first bought the car, I noticed the pain in my leg within the few days of driving it, I thought I would get used to it or find a correct seating position, well it has only gotten worse.

Each day my leg is in dull pain and it gets worse and worse driving it. Now I am to the point to where I dread driving the car, and after tonight my upper knee/thigh area is in so much pain I had to put a heating pack on it and I'm walking around with a small limp.

I'm 5'9 and weigh a little over 200lbs. I have tried adjusting the seat a million ways, I've driven with the seat up high, down all the way, close to the wheel, and far back. It's only in my thigh/upper knee area. My back feels fine, everything else feels fine. The pain starts throbbing and it's very dull. When I first had the car it would set in the first 5-10 minutes of solid driving, now it always happens because my leg hasn't had time to heal. I also have no other car so I'm kind of screwed.

I've never had this problem. I previously owned a Nissan Altima and Chevrolet Impala and never ever had this problem, I always had comfort while driving. I have no idea what is causing this with the Camaro. It's only my driving leg, and only when I am operating the pedals. I am just at a total loss. I've tried googling, I've tried looking through countless youtube videos on how to sit in a car properly. Nothing has helped. I can't even drive the car and I fear for my health at this point. I wish I could return the car but the dealer I bought it from basically said I could just trade it in. I don't know how to escalate that situation. But I am not blaming the dealer, it is not their fault, neither myself or them could of saw this coming, and I of course had no idea it would happen without an extended test drive, but this is driving me crazy.

I'm grasping for straws here. Everyday now my thigh and knee hurts so bad, if anyone has any advice whatsoever. I would be grateful.

Thanks.

But seriously, I don't think a Camaro forum can help you too much with physiology, and you should probably ask your doctor.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
War Damn Eagle

Drives: 2014 1SS 1/LE
Sounds like it's time to see an orthopedic doctor
War Damn Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:01 PM   #4
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Sounds like sciatica to me. I have the same problem. You probably need an MRI to diagnose, and some meds in the meantime.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:05 PM   #5
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
How old are you? Sound like you need a doctor.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
marsmann

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Vert M6
Are you sure it is not a recent injury that is just being aggravated by the car's ergonomics? Is it possible the injury will pass and you will be fine?

do you keep a thick wallet in your rear right pocket? I know of cases where this causes shifting of the hips and produces sciatic or upper leg issues.

Just a few things to look for. My wife has told me about similar patients that come to see her. It sounds like you have inflammation, a pinched nerve condition or mild sciatica.

Try the wallet trick, try adjusting how you apply pressure on the pedal with your right foot and try stretching before and after driving to see if it lessens the condition. Also, try a soft pillow, pad or something else to sit on and change the dynamic. It may make a difference.
marsmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:18 PM   #7
5150 Maro

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Does this look like WebMD? Go to the Doctor and see what's wrong with your leg.
5150 Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #8
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
As others have indicated, I would see a doctor. I know that when you sit in these cars you sit lower and your legs stretch out forward a little straighter then the do in cars like my wife's CUV and the others you mentioned. I am 55 and have a little problem with my siatic nerve (siatica) and sometimes it acts up when I drive my Camaro or Corvette; for a me a few Motrin normally help. I've also found raising the seat a little helps. On longer drives, I have to stop every couple of hours and get out and walk around.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #9
Opticflare9

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
I'm 29.

I have never had this issue in my prior vehicles. It only happens when driving. It just constantly hurts because I have to drive everyday 22 miles to and from work and my leg isn't getting any relief.
Opticflare9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #10
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 Maro View Post
Does this look like WebMD? Go to the Doctor and see what's wrong with your leg.
If this were WebMD, he'd have cancer!

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:33 PM   #11
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Sometimes my thong rides up a bit when I have the seat back too far....... what? TMI?
Old 02-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #12
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Sounds like sciatica to me. I have the same problem. You probably need an MRI to diagnose, and some meds in the meantime.
Presuming you're not a troll... I had a company car once where nothing I did made it comfortable for me to drive over longer distances. Call it seat ergonomics or sciatica, (which I tend to believe is the problem too) the car just aggravated it. Mine was more back related but that's what sciatica does, radiate down the leg.

Find a good chiropractor and keep the Camaro. It'll do your head well in the long run.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #13
EWade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
I'd have to think what everyone else is saying, cause I'm 5'11" and have no leg pain with how I have the seat positioned in my 15, and feel comfortable driving for any length of time. Seems to me the car seating position is just exasperating the issue with your leg.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:40 PM   #14
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opticflare9 View Post
I'm 29.

I have never had this issue in my prior vehicles. It only happens when driving. It just constantly hurts because I have to drive everyday 22 miles to and from work and my leg isn't getting any relief.
You're to young to have pain. Lol kidding. Something is really wrong if you are getting pain in only 22 miles. I drive all sorts of vehicles a day sometimes up to 500 miles or more and don't have those kids of issues even with my old worn out bones. You're not twisting your leg or angle while on the gas?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote