Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
How many are planning upgrading their 5th Gen now that the 6th Gen is rolling out?

I, personally, decided to do as many mods as I could before the 6th Gen gets rolling. It seems some of the vendors want to move out the 5th Gen stock to make room for the obvious mods coming with the 6th Gen.

So, do any of you feel the pince yet? Concerned it may get harder to mod later?

I really only have the axles and maybe the trans to deal with. I'm hoping vendors don't forget the 5th Gen is still in play...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
No foreseeable upgrade for me. Still playing with my 2010 a good bit. We have a 2014 at the house too. Plan on giving my youngest son my Sierra in a year when he turns 16, and then I will be getting a new truck. Won't be in the market for another "toy" for a few years yet.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
No plans to change my upgrade plans or schedule for mine. With the popularity of the Gen 5's, I'm confident parts, upgrades, accessories, etc. will be available for years to come just as they are for other prior gen Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc. Also have no plans on 'upgrading' to a gen 6 at this time, very happy with the one I have
Old 02-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
No plans to change my upgrade plans or schedule for mine. With the popularity of the Gen 5's, I'm confident parts, upgrades, accessories, etc. will be available for years to come just as they are for other prior gen Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc. Also have no plans on 'upgrading' to a gen 6 at this time, very happy with the one I have
Spot on!
The Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #5
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I'm good! I retired a year ago this past August and I hope to have this car paid off by this September. Just had it cammed last April and did the MyLink retro with speaker and amp upgrade. With all that I've done to this car, I'm happy with it. I'm personally not sold on the looks front and rear of the 16, viewing it as simply another refresh. Yes the motor is more power and the upgrades of magnetic ride along with some of the other bells and whistles are nice, but over all, I'm not willing to trade what I have with only 8880 on the odometer, all the stuff I've done, only be offered about $25K as a trade and start all over again. Life is short and every man/woman must know their limitations.
I can be perfectly happy where I am and with what I have. It's amazing, I go to the gas station and people always look in awe and say "That's a new one isn't it?" and it befuddles them when I say nope, it's 5, almost 6 years old.
At my age, I'm gonna have fun, doing what I do, with this right here.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I'm good! I retired a year ago this past August and I hope to have this car paid off by this September. Just had it cammed last April and did the MyLink retro with speaker and amp upgrade. With all that I've done to this car, I'm happy with it. I'm personally not sold on the looks front and rear of the 16, viewing it as simply another refresh. Yes the motor is more power and the upgrades of magnetic ride along with some of the other bells and whistles are nice, but over all, I'm not willing to trade what I have with only 8880 on the odometer, all the stuff I've done, only be offered about $25K as a trade and start all over again. Life is short and every man/woman must know their limitations.
I can be perfectly happy where I am and with what I have. It's amazing, I go to the gas station and people always look in awe and say "That's a new one isn't it?" and it befuddles them when I say nope, it's 5, almost 6 years old.
Amen!
The Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #7
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
chozn4service, your car is so freaking nice! Great job on it!
Old 02-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #8
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
No plans what so ever to trade mine in, goal is to pay it off . Not impressed by the looks of the 6th Gen especially the front end. I see no problems in getting parts for the Gen 5 , why would there be?
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #9
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
chozn4service, your car is so freaking nice! Great job on it!

Thanks justjoshin! It's not the baddest or the best out there but I'm cool with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #10
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
WOW!!! What an awesome Camaro !!! I thought mine looked great, ut yours takes the cake !! Great job!! Is that a ZL1 vent in the hood? or some other? Also were the fender vents a pain to do? I really love the way they look !!! Kudos my friend, well done..
Old 02-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #11
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I'm holding on to this one for the foreseeable future. No plans on getting a 6th gen or 'upgrading'... I'd rather 'upgrade' this.

There's nothing on the street like it because I built it and will continue to build it for as long as its mine.

The 6th gen Camaro or perhaps a C7 vette in my future... beautiful cars, but no. None have grabbed me like my 5th gen Camaro SS.

Maybe the 7th gen Camaro... maybe...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #12
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
finally got upclose for a Gen6 walk around last Friday. very much like the pics.
looks smaller but really isn't. it was locked so no inside or driven opinion. but on the visual I'll pass. front was much more of a pointy beak than I expected. the rear wasn't good or bad. the side 3/4 shot is the winner. the hood is a no = very much like a toilet seat.

i'm sure it's a great car and well done by team chevrolet but I'd buy a C7 like the torch red 2016 1LT Corvette they had in the showroom for 55k before i'd buy a Gen6.

the future performance models will likely be more interesting.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #13
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
I'm a couple of years away. The Gen 6 checks all the performance improvement boxes that I'm interested in, but the coat is now high enough that a used 997 or 991 will be viable options too, maybe even a 981.

For now it's a fun DD. I'll track it this year for the first time too.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #14
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
That is a beauty!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote